LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Who gets benched?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49erman723:
MICHAEL LEWIS YOU HAVE TAYLOR MAYS LET HIM GET SOME TIME HE IS FASTER BIGGER STRONGER THIS IS TRULY KILLING ME PEOPLE LEWIS IS TOO SLOW AND CANT COVER SO Y NOT LET MAYS PLAY? HE WILL MAKE LESS MISTAKES THAN LEWIS!

WHO STOLE YOUR CAPS LOCK!!!!!????!!!

the same guy who stole is "period" and "comma" keys.

Same guy who stole your "H" key
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Chilo and hopefully Alex...

There isnt anyone to take his spot. They wont play Nate or Troy....Carr is one of the worst QBs in the league

Didn't stop them from axeing Raye; but, you're right. This is why Sing should be canned as well...

I wish sing would get canned...I really wouldnt mind seeing Troy I guess wasnt he set to start until the ravens had Flacco fall to them???
I know it's probably a bad call, but if we are going to take a look at qb's then why not take a look at Davis?
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Chilo gets benched. Insert Snyder

Parys gets benched. Insert Brooks

Lewis gets benched. Insert Reggie Smith.

Clements gets demoted to nickle back. Start Brown and Spencer.

Crabtree dropped to 3rd reciever. Zeigler and Morgan #1 and #2 till Crabtree is proven more.

Crabtree could be on his way out. Honestly, if we can get a high pick or a quality CB for him I would be happy. Shouldnt of taken him and I think we anointed him before he really did anything, and we forgave him way to fast.

Forgave him! What are you on about? He played well last season, even with no pre season. No way is he on the way out.
Originally posted by Youngone:
MICHAEL LEWIS YOU HAVE TAYLOR MAYS LET HIM GET SOME TIME HE IS FASTER BIGGER STRONGER THIS IS TRULY KILLING ME PEOPLE LEWIS IS TOO SLOW AND CANT COVER SO Y NOT LET MAYS PLAY? HE WILL MAKE LESS MISTAKES THAN LEWIS!

Same guy who stole your "H" key

Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Chilo and hopefully Alex...

There isnt anyone to take his spot. They wont play Nate or Troy....Carr is one of the worst QBs in the league

Didn't stop them from axeing Raye; but, you're right. This is why Sing should be canned as well...

I wish sing would get canned...I really wouldnt mind seeing Troy I guess wasnt he set to start until the ravens had Flacco fall to them???
I know it's probably a bad call, but if we are going to take a look at qb's then why not take a look at Davis?

It would have to be either him or Troy who would replace Alex...Carr shouldnt be in the NFL anymore.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wish list:
Lawson benched for Brooks (watch the flea flicker TD from yesterday; you will see an unblocked Manny lightly jogging towards Cassel as he throws the TD; think Favre last year - guy has ZERO heart). I'd rather have Brooks start, make some mistakes and grow into the starter. We KNOW what we have in Manny after four years. Period
I agree yesterday was not Lawson's best day but Brooks was BAD yesterday

Quote:
Haralson benched for LaBoy (Travis is healthy, he's made some mistakes, poor tackle yesterday BUT he does get to the QB and just needs to take a few lumps and get back into starter mentality). THIS DEFENSE NEEDS PASS RUSHERS!

TKO benched for Bowman (Bowman is a rookie and will take his lumps like yesterday but he will learn and grow). We're 0-3 and will probably be 0-5 so why the eff not?
This will happen eventually. Spikes was playing on one leg yesterday. He shouldn't have been on the field. His knee is obviously not healthy.

Quote:
Michael Lewis out for Reggie Smith or Taylor Mays (well overdue) and let Goldson know he's on a very short leash
Goldson can walk at the end of the season. He has done NOTHING all year. He had one good game last year and that is his entire resume.

Quote:
Norris out for more (some) Dixon/Byhman/Westbrook/Walker sets; create the same mismatches NO and KC used against us

Ginn/Williams battle it out for #3 in our new spread offense

Synder in for Chilo for now while he continues to develop

Baas permanetly in for Heitmann
Baas had a very poor game yesterday. Heitmann on one leg is better than Baas was against KC.

We agree on all the rest.
Please let it be smith...give Carr a chance and for us

AnD, I'm. NeVeR, GiViNg ThEm BaCk,.,.,.,.,.,.,.????//:;:;;'""""'''''...~````^
  • kray28
  • Veteran
People calling for Smith to be benched might either be retarded or not real fans.
Originally posted by dj43:
Wish list:
Lawson benched for Brooks (watch the flea flicker TD from yesterday; you will see an unblocked Manny lightly jogging towards Cassel as he throws the TD; think Favre last year - guy has ZERO heart). I'd rather have Brooks start, make some mistakes and grow into the starter. We KNOW what we have in Manny after four years. Period

Collectively, our OLB's got destroyed yesterday esp. with the screen calls they were running on us all day. But here is the issue...just like when Josh Morgan runs down the line, sets in a crouching position, the defense KNOWS it's a run up the middle. With Manusky, when he brings LaBoy/Brooks in on "obvious" pass rushing situations, to counter, they just throw a screen to the vacated area or run off tackle. BUT, that said, even though LaBoy missed that tackle for the TD, he and Brooks played hard the whole game. I never see intensity from Lawson/Haralson...ever. Let 'em take their lumps and grow into (or not) every down LB's so that we are less predictable on defense. The 3-4 defense requires play makers and pass rushers at the OLB position. Period. At this junction, we know what we have in both Haralson/Lawson. This is a defense dominated with them on the field and a secondary that continues to get exposed d/t a lack of pass rush. The good news is that even on a bad day, Brooks still blew up in the backfield and made a TFL on a screen. Hey, at least someone stopped a screen!

Quote:
Michael Lewis out for Reggie Smith or Taylor Mays (well overdue) and let Goldson know he's on a very short leash
Goldson can walk at the end of the season. He has done NOTHING all year. He had one good game last year and that is his entire resume.

I agree here...he's been a big disappointment this year for sure!
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM ]

Baas permanetly in for Heitmann
Baas had a very poor game yesterday. Heitmann on one leg is better than Baas was against KC.

We agree on all the rest.
Missed this one...it's interesting that when Synder played next to Baas, we had zero pressure up the gut. Even with Chilo next to Baas, 90% of the pressure was on the outside with Davis/Staley getting abused. Either way, you are still correct...they entire line played like garbage yesterday but again, when the defense knows what you are doing, it's pretty easy to look terrible.
  • dj43
Wish list:

Collectively, our OLB's got destroyed yesterday esp. with the screen calls they were running on us all day. But here is the issue...just like when Josh Morgan runs down the line, sets in a crouching position, the defense KNOWS it's a run up the middle. With Manusky, when he brings LaBoy/Brooks in on "obvious" pass rushing situations, to counter, they just throw a screen to the vacated area or run off tackle. BUT, that said, even though LaBoy missed that tackle for the TD, he and Brooks played hard the whole game. I never see intensity from Lawson/Haralson...ever. Let 'em take their lumps and grow into (or not) every down LB's so that we are less predictable on defense. The 3-4 defense requires play makers and pass rushers at the OLB position. Period. At this junction, we know what we have in both Haralson/Lawson. This is a defense dominated with them on the field and a secondary that continues to get exposed d/t a lack of pass rush. The good news is that even on a bad day, Brooks still blew up in the backfield and made a TFL on a screen. Hey, at least someone stopped a screen!
Personally I don't think the team is utilizing Lawson very well. They tried him for a pass rusher at the beginning of his rookie season but he was too light and inexperienced to do that. Since then they make his main job to seal the end on running plays and drop into coverage. Well, he does that well enough but I never see him turned loose to rush the passer. Give him some direction and freedom to rush the passer.

As to OLB play; the defense has been too much like the offense = PREDICTABLE. If Brooks is to be the designated pass rusher, move him around. KC killed both A. Davis and Staley with Tamba Hali yesterday. He even came up the middle on a couple of stunts. THAT is the way the should use guys like Brooks, and Lawson if I am right about him.

The fundamental disagreement I have with Singletary is that he carries his "impose your will" philosophy too far. A team can only play on emotions for so long and then they run out. The coaches' job is to give them more than just emotion. They need strategy, they need technique, they need tools to allow their physical ability to take over. Out of 16 games, you might win 2 or 3 on just emotional firepower alone but this league is just too tough to win on adrenal alone very often. You need toughness but toughness by itself will not win very many ball games, and that is what I see as the basic issue.
Wish list:

Personally I don't think the team is utilizing Lawson very well. They tried him for a pass rusher at the beginning of his rookie season but he was too light and inexperienced to do that. Since then they make his main job to seal the end on running plays and drop into coverage. Well, he does that well enough but I never see him turned loose to rush the passer. Give him some direction and freedom to rush the passer.

As to OLB play; the defense has been too much like the offense = PREDICTABLE. If Brooks is to be the designated pass rusher, move him around. KC killed both A. Davis and Staley with Tamba Hali yesterday. He even came up the middle on a couple of stunts. THAT is the way the should use guys like Brooks, and Lawson if I am right about him.

The fundamental disagreement I have with Singletary is that he carries his "impose your will" philosophy too far. A team can only play on emotions for so long and then they run out. The coaches' job is to give them more than just emotion. They need strategy, they need technique, they need tools to allow their physical ability to take over. Out of 16 games, you might win 2 or 3 on just emotional firepower alone but this league is just too tough to win on adrenal alone very often. You need toughness but toughness by itself will not win very many ball games, and that is what I see as the basic issue.
Very much agree. We lack a core identity that helps to define our overall strategic outlook. We can't strategize effectively and it sets us up for failures like we've had for our first three games. A coach must define the overall vision. The leader determines the general philosophical approach, gets into the minutiae necessary to implement the vision, communicates that vision to those responsible for implementing that vision in a clear and effective manner.

Vision, identity, and communication. That's what we are lacking.
they just said on press conference live (csn bay) that Takeo Spikes and Michael Lewis will be benched for NaVarro Bowman and Maybe Reggie Smith. They have to confirm it tho.
  • Mex49
MORAN NORRIS!!!!!!!!

Waste of a roster spot. Bring up Nate Davis
Share 49ersWebzone