There are 154 users in the forums

Who gets benched?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Chilo and hopefully Alex...

There isnt anyone to take his spot. They wont play Nate or Troy....Carr is one of the worst QBs in the league

Didn't stop them from axeing Raye; but, you're right. This is why Sing should be canned as well...
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Chilo and hopefully Alex...

There isnt anyone to take his spot. They wont play Nate or Troy....Carr is one of the worst QBs in the league

Didn't stop them from axeing Raye; but, you're right. This is why Sing should be canned as well...

I wish sing would get canned...I really wouldnt mind seeing Troy I guess wasnt he set to start until the ravens had Flacco fall to them???
Wish list:
Lawson benched for Brooks (watch the flea flicker TD from yesterday; you will see an unblocked Manny lightly jogging towards Cassel as he throws the TD; think Favre last year - guy has ZERO heart). I'd rather have Brooks start, make some mistakes and grow into the starter. We KNOW what we have in Manny after four years. Period

Haralson benched for LaBoy (Travis is healthy, he's made some mistakes, poor tackle yesterday BUT he does get to the QB and just needs to take a few lumps and get back into starter mentality). THIS DEFENSE NEEDS PASS RUSHERS!

TKO benched for Bowman (Bowman is a rookie and will take his lumps like yesterday but he will learn and grow). We're 0-3 and will probably be 0-5 so why the eff not?

Michael Lewis out for Reggie Smith or Taylor Mays (well overdue) and let Goldson know he's on a very short leash

Norris out for more (some) Dixon/Byhman/Westbrook/Walker sets; create the same mismatches NO and KC used against us

Ginn/Williams battle it out for #3 in our new spread offense

Synder in for Chilo for now while he continues to develop

Baas permanetly in for Heitmann
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 27, 2010 at 10:41 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont think anybody besides the obvious needs to be benched. Those guys are backups for a reason. Nobody has played poorly as 11.
Will Mike Johnson have a huge say in this now that he's OC? I think so.
Chilo gets benched. Insert Snyder

Parys gets benched. Insert Brooks

Lewis gets benched. Insert Reggie Smith.

Clements gets demoted to nickle back. Start Brown and Spencer.

Crabtree dropped to 3rd reciever. Zeigler and Morgan #1 and #2 till Crabtree is proven more.

Crabtree could be on his way out. Honestly, if we can get a high pick or a quality CB for him I would be happy. Shouldnt of taken him and I think we anointed him before he really did anything, and we forgave him way to fast.
Originally posted by Shaj:
what is Smith's trade value right now? I'm wondering what we could get now vs just releasing him at the end of the season.....

might be able to get a box of donuts or something equivalent... tastycakes perhaps?
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Chilo gets benched. Insert Snyder

Parys gets benched. Insert Brooks

Lewis gets benched. Insert Reggie Smith.

Clements gets demoted to nickle back. Start Brown and Spencer.

Crabtree dropped to 3rd reciever. Zeigler and Morgan #1 and #2 till Crabtree is proven more.

Crabtree could be on his way out. Honestly, if we can get a high pick or a quality CB for him I would be happy. Shouldnt of taken him and I think we anointed him before he really did anything, and we forgave him way to fast.

Your crazy.. its been 3 games Crabtree will be fine he is very young chill the eff out with him
MICHAEL LEWIS YOU HAVE TAYLOR MAYS LET HIM GET SOME TIME HE IS FASTER BIGGER STRONGER THIS IS TRULY KILLING ME PEOPLE LEWIS IS TOO SLOW AND CANT COVER SO Y NOT LET MAYS PLAY? HE WILL MAKE LESS MISTAKES THAN LEWIS!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Will Mike Johnson have a huge say in this now that he's OC? I think so.

i don't know. stop gaps/temps don't get a whole lot of say. i think he should. but how much does sing give him? i think position coaches (outside that f**k, jerry sullivan) should have heavy input, but not final say. isn't this the point where our GM steps in and whispers s**t into the head coaches ear? oh...we don't have one of those.

Alex is not a good QB but the guys that are backing him up are worse, so might as well stick with Alex through the season.
WILLIS
Originally posted by b9er37:
Alex is not a good QB but the guys that are backing him up are worse, so might as well stick with Alex through the season.
Originally posted by 49erman723:
MICHAEL LEWIS YOU HAVE TAYLOR MAYS LET HIM GET SOME TIME HE IS FASTER BIGGER STRONGER THIS IS TRULY KILLING ME PEOPLE LEWIS IS TOO SLOW AND CANT COVER SO Y NOT LET MAYS PLAY? HE WILL MAKE LESS MISTAKES THAN LEWIS!

WHO STOLE YOUR CAPS LOCK!!!!!????!!!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49erman723:

WHO STOLE YOUR CAPS LOCK!!!!!????!!!

the same guy who stole is "period" and "comma" keys.
Share 49ersWebzone