There are 240 users in the forums

Crabtree drops a ton of passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
His heels may be hurting his feet which cause running routes to become a challenge right?

I don't know what is up with this guy and the whole trend about when Alex throws him the ball, if he doesn't catch it the defender(s) do, I'm starting to believe it. If it is the connection that is lacking, well they should get together more often until he shares the same connection with VD with Crabs. I don't know where this guy is right now as far as his mindset. Singletary has to get him going like he did with VD.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Now every time I see this I really want popcorn.
......... and
Originally posted by English:
......... and

Once he gets him going he'll become as great a threat as he should be instead of a free pick for the other team.
Yes, he is good. Potential to be a pro bowler. If you can't see his talent you're blind. As most of us know, sometimes it isn't as simple as looking at a WR's stats. There are MANY more variables... look at the wideouts on Indy, like Collie. Imagine him on the niners. He wouldn't even have a catch.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Yes, he is good. Potential to be a pro bowler. If you can't see his talent you're blind. As most of us know, sometimes it isn't as simple as looking at a WR's stats. There are MANY more variables... look at the wideouts on Indy, like Collie. Imagine him on the niners. He wouldn't even have a catch.

Now imagine Crabs on Indy. A scary thought. Manning DEMANDS hard work and knowledge of the routes. He won't throw it to you otherwise. You know, kinda like Smith. Not.
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by sacniner:

Now imagine Crabs on Indy. A scary thought. Manning DEMANDS hard work and knowledge of the routes. He won't throw it to you otherwise. You know, kinda like Smith. Not.

i think that is what smith is doing right now though.
Originally posted by zozell:
No lock here. It's a legitimate statement. I agree. Vet approved thread

He's unprepared. So I agree it is indeed a logical question.

He looks good on artifical turf cause he CAN'T slip. Looks like an average Receiver on grass. And for the most part out of the last 3 games has been detrimentally unprepared. Every INT Smith has came off a Pass to Tree. If this was Smith it would be more spread around. Instead Tree has Passes thrown in his direction and ends up laying on the ground more than missing catchable Passes.

I said this before I'm saying it again. He needs his ass to be sat on the bench and let Ziggy start in his place.

I don't buy into the "Diva" argument. Even Divas prepare. As much as I hate T.O. even he prepared for games. His issues are all mental. Trees are just straight up laziness. He should also look into getting another pair of cleats. A pair that has interchangeable cleats woulld be best. If he doesn't feel comfortable of his footing in the 1st series then he should change them to the longer ones. ESPECIALLY when he plays on OUR field. Our field is known for having issues regarding traction even on a clear day.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I went to the game yesterday...

Crabtree is not the problem. Alex has no faith in himself to throw 10+ yd routes. They were plenty of times where Crabs, VD, Morgan, Delanie, and Ziegler were one-on-one with their defenders and Alex choose to check down to Gore.

Unless the receiver has three steps on a defender, Alex will not even attempt to make a throw. Even KC fans were wondering why he doesn't even try.

KC's defense pretty much dared Alex to beat them by making the 49ers one-dimensional.

All Alex can do is throw the flats and the 5 yd out routes.

He stopped throwing those passes when playes like Crabs get beat to the ball by a db or stops on a route or he bats the ball in the air, etc. There is now fight from crabs for any ball where there is a hint of coverage. And you'd be the first to bash Smith if he thew it more into coverage and got picked. So lets be consistant, pick your poison, and then we can talk.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoeO321:
Is this guy even good? He drops a ton of passes and looks nothing more than a below average nfl wr. he is a bust right now with people like nicks, maclin, and bryant actually doing something for their teams

you're the bust with 80+ posts and having this pathetic threads....

Originally posted by Ceadderman:

He looks good on artifical turf cause he CAN'T slip. Looks like an average Receiver on grass. And for the most part out of the last 3 games has been detrimentally unprepared. Every INT Smith has came off a Pass to Tree. If this was Smith it would be more spread around. Instead Tree has Passes thrown in his direction and ends up laying on the ground more than missing catchable Passes.

I said this before I'm saying it again. He needs his ass to be sat on the bench and let Ziggy start in his place.

I don't buy into the "Diva" argument. Even Divas prepare. As much as I hate T.O. even he prepared for games. His issues are all mental. Trees are just straight up laziness. He should also look into getting another pair of cleats. A pair that has interchangeable cleats woulld be best. If he doesn't feel comfortable of his footing in the 1st series then he should change them to the longer ones. ESPECIALLY when he plays on OUR field. Our field is known for having issues regarding traction even on a clear day.

~Ceadder

A couple of mistakes here. Smith threw a pick intended to Gore. 4/5 went Crabtree's way.

The slant against New Orleans is no way Crabtree's fault. Tipped ball at the line. No chance in Hell Crabtree could have done anything to save that pick.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=145252&highlight=michael%20crabtree
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I went to the game yesterday...

Crabtree is not the problem. Alex has no faith in himself to throw 10+ yd routes. They were plenty of times where Crabs, VD, Morgan, Delanie, and Ziegler were one-on-one with their defenders and Alex choose to check down to Gore.

Unless the receiver has three steps on a defender, Alex will not even attempt to make a throw. Even KC fans were wondering why he doesn't even try.

KC's defense pretty much dared Alex to beat them by making the 49ers one-dimensional.

All Alex can do is throw the flats and the 5 yd out routes.

He stopped throwing those passes when playes like Crabs get beat to the ball by a db or stops on a route or he bats the ball in the air, etc. There is now fight from crabs for any ball where there is a hint of coverage. And you'd be the first to bash Smith if he thew it more into coverage and got picked. So lets be consistant, pick your poison, and then we can talk.

OMG!!! Most of you people on here don't have a Freaking clue!!! I swear we must have been watching a different team over the past 6 years! I am not an Alex Smith hater, I have wanted more than anything for him to become the QB we drafted him to be. BUT it is CLEAR he is a PUSSSY....this has nothing to do with Crab, or any other WR playing on this team. Alex Smith is the only common denominator of this team horrible offensive showings over the past 6 years. Yeah, Jimmy Raye wasn't the most imaginable play caller but I'm damn sure he actually designed some plays to exceed 15 yards while targeting a Wr in the process.

Please...Please...can anybody in this Organization wake up and realize what every one else in the league already knows?!?!? Smith aka Capt Checkdown is too mentally fragile to ever be a starting Qb in the NFL!!
should have drafted maclin... Crabtree is team obliterator 2.0
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

A couple of mistakes here. Smith threw a pick intended to Gore. 4/5 went Crabtree's way.

The slant against New Orleans is no way Crabtree's fault. Tipped ball at the line. No chance in Hell Crabtree could have done anything to save that pick.

Okay forgot about the Pass to Gore. I'll give you that one.

HOWEVER...

If you think that a Route that was Tree was supposed to cut off on the break was supposed to go to the Sidelines, when EVERY Analyst and Announcer agreed it was a blown play due to being unprepared, you're just looking for fodder to blame Smith.

Tree is unprepared. You CANNOT leave your QB hung out to dry by you not being prepared.

At the NFL level the QB has to trust that you will run the correct route. Why? Cause he has to be able to throw before your break. Did you not listen to the announcers pointing out that our Pick was because Cassel held the ball just a millisecond too long? Allowing Goldson to jump the route and take the Reception. Receivers are supposed to catch Passes they don't know are going to be there. It's called PREPARATION and Tree just doesn't do this. When he turns around he's surprised by the fact that the ball is there. He did this last Season when he had a blatant Pass thrown to him and he DUCKED ala Brandon Frigging Lloyd.

He's relying on his talent to pull his ass out of hot water. When instead he should be preparing himself and hitting the Juggs after Practice with Vernon.

When he does that, I'll give him credit. When he does that and we have an INT Issue worth talking about I'll be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. When he does that I'd also be more inclined to find fault with the QB.

The Pass to Gore not withstanding all other Picks have come from Passes intended for Tree. He's fallen down on 3 of them and 2 of them he was unprepared. Your QB has to be able to rely on you. If he can't then you have no business being on the field.

This is Football 101. You learn it from the time you're first strapping on the Pads at every level. I learned this when I played and if you played you learned it too. If you didn't learn it then you missed some practices. Cause this sh@t is drilled into you from day one.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone