There are 345 users in the forums

Crabtree drops a ton of passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm starting to think he is the most overrated 49er repalcing Josh Morgan at the top of the list. Lets see.

1) Slow.
2) Bad hands. Plays volleyball tipping ball up into the air instead of just catching it.
3) Runs the wrong routes.
4) Doesn't know the playbook.
5) Does not practice.
6) Does not participate in preseason.
7) Does not work to get better.
8) Despite it all has major DIVA attitude and huge confidence.

Maturity & direction will fix this. Remember VD?

Jerry Rice PLEASE have a talk with this boy. Cause i want a thousand yard wr and he won't be one until he truly commits.

Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing the ball to him.

Crabtree has Alex

That is all you need to know.

morgan and vernon hell even ziegler seem to be doing ok imagine then they would be better than jerry rice

seriously though zeigler and morgan have yet to drop balls when they get open th eonly WR that has a problem is crabtree
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Thought I'd post this in here too since it's very interesting:

Smith to Crabtree = 6.6

Quote:
Smith + Crabtree = 6.6
Who would have thought Michael Crabtree's strained neck would cause Alex Smith so much pain?

After Crabtree missed most of training camp with his injury, his connection with his quarterback has been crippled in the season's first three games.

In fact, the numbers are stunning.

On Smith's 19 passes targeted at Crabtree, he has six completions for 81 yards with no touchdowns and four interceptions. Quarterback rating: 6.6.
On Smith's 100 passes targeted at other receivers, he has 66 completions for 651 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. Quarterback rating: 86.7.

In other words, throwing to No. 15 has cost Smith, who has a 66.2 rating, about 20 points.

It's been assumed that Crabtree is one of the "playmakers" the Niners will want to do a better job of "getting into open space" under Mike Johnson. Not saying that's a mistake - it's clear Crabtree has Pro-Bowl potential - but it's worth monitoring how much longer it takes Smith and the second-year wideout to get on the same page.

Here's a look at Smith's numbers when targeting Niners receivers this season (minimum 5 targets):

To WR Josh Morgan
Smith: 10 of 17, 114 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 98.7

To TE Delanie Walker
Smith: 6 of 8, 59 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 95.3

To RB Frank Gore
Smith: 22 of 29, 203 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
QB Rating: 91.6

To TE Vernon Davis
Smith: 15 of 25, 173 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.9

To WR Dominique Zeigler
Smith: 5 of 8, 50 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 80.2

To WR Michael Crabtree
Smith: 6 of 19, 81 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 6.6

And, absolutely free today, Smith numbers when targeting running backs, tight end and wide receivers. :

To RBs
Smith: 26 of 35, 216 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
QB Rating: 87.3

To TEs
Smith: 24 of 36, 252 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
QB Rating: 86.8

To WRs
Smith: 22 of 46, 264 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT
QB Rating: 36.9

Wow! I'm a "Smith hater" and even I was surprised at these numbers. He just has to stop throwing to Crabs and he'll average above 85 QB rating!

i was right all WR and every1 seems to be catching the ball ok the only one who hasnt has been crabtree

of course most people who will blame crabtrres ineffectivenss on alex will ignore this post
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by pd24:
I notice that he slips alot, atleast once or twice a game. Even last year.

this

"This". Is "this" the way you pad your stats on the posts? I mean, is that really a post at all? Should be a word minimum or something in order to get credit on here... Reminds me of Alex Smith's only TD in KC....meaningless...
Originally posted by NINERSWINTHEWEST:

this

"This". Is "this" the way you pad your stats on the posts? I mean, is that really a post at all? Should be a word minimum or something in order to get credit on here... Reminds me of Alex Smith's only TD in KC....meaningless...

this means he agrees nothing wrong in saying that

this

x2
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

this

x2

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/09/smith-crabtree-66.html

LOL you guys puting it all on Smitty need to read that from Eric Branch.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

this

x2

it has been posted for a while many specific people have chosen not to answer to that post
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

this

x2

it has been posted for a while many specific people have chosen not to answer to that post

I love how everyone continues to answer with sarcastic "omg alex is da greatest obviously i want to drink his f**king koolaid yay!" or "he's just a disaster and it's not crabtree's fault at all" when the numbers say he's doing well going to Morgan, Walker, VD, and Gore.
Originally posted by zozell:
No lock here. It's a legitimate statement. I agree. Vet approved thread

SO THAT'S IT...... People have to agree with you for a discussion to happen...... I got it now (ANG) GODDESS of all Threads......
Originally posted by drake49er:

..................Priceless.. it says it all.

Share 49ersWebzone