There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is happening to our D?

Now that heads are rolling in 49erland, what's gonna happen with our defense? It's pretty obvious that there has been a huge dropoff from last season. How are we going to fix this?
2 things mainly

demoralized by the offense
cant stop the screen
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Now that heads are rolling in 49erland, what's gonna happen with our defense? It's pretty obvious that there has been a huge dropoff from last season. How are we going to fix this?

well in KC's case, we couldnt stop a single screen i mean honestly their playcalling was so predictable it was sad how we couldnt stop their runs or their screens all damn day
It's called being demoralized. Knowing that if you allow a TD or two, that you are done. Watching a mealy mouthed, back slouching, aw-shucksing, high throwin' QB take the field for you. Then going back out there in like 3 minutes.

Fire Vance Joseph and Jonnie Lynn...we never solve the problem with where it starts....the HC
Originally posted by znk916:
2 things mainly

cant stop the screen

Also

OUR DEFENSE IS OVERRATED!!!! I know alot of you will hate to hear this but come on it's true.
Spencer made a great pick, but man he get's burnt alot or it's always his WR making a big play or it's Nate's man. Our DB's are subpar. Spikes needs to go. We should've never even signed him. When Vilma was available we didn't even bring him in. He would be a much better partner next to Willis.
Our Defensive Line is Crap! All we have is Smith, and Franklin is okay. He had 1 break out year for us. Wonder why (contract). Manny Lawson just doesn't know how to utilize his talents. Michael Lewis is crap he's slow. Dashon has rapidly regressed.
They are on the field to long.

//end//
Originally posted by dald1:

well in KC's case, we couldnt stop a single screen i mean honestly their playcalling was so predictable it was sad how we couldnt stop their runs or their screens all damn day

You have to give props to KC on those screen calls. Notice how Lawson or Willis were nowhere to be found. They put McClusster & Charles. and Jones in good positions to make big plays out of those screens. Look at their screen plays compared to ours.
They have their O-lineman pulling out all over the place confuseing our LB's our screen plays are like High School routes. It's pathetic.
Not sure but they got owned all day yesterday
We made Matt Heselbeck and Matt Cassell look like Joe Montanna and John Elway. Pitiful. This whole team is complete garbage. Coaching staff and all.
Originally posted by wailers15:
2 things mainly

cant stop the screen

Also

OUR DEFENSE IS OVERRATED!!!! I know alot of you will hate to hear this but come on it's true.
Spencer made a great pick, but man he get's burnt alot or it's always his WR making a big play or it's Nate's man. Our DB's are subpar. Spikes needs to go. We should've never even signed him. When Vilma was available we didn't even bring him in. He would be a much better partner next to Willis.
Our Defensive Line is Crap! All we have is Smith, and Franklin is okay. He had 1 break out year for us. Wonder why (contract). Manny Lawson just doesn't know how to utilize his talents. Michael Lewis is crap he's slow. Dashon has rapidly regressed.

vilma wanted out of ny because they were going to the 3-4, it wouldve been pointless to trade for him. agreed with demoralized by our garbage offense and we have a coach and defense that cant stop a screen for their lives. a team can call screens all game and we couldnt do s**t about it, i do agree our d is overrated. i dont like our cbs and the only 1 i like is spencer, i dont like goldson sorry non covering ass and lewis as well. i'll be satisified going into next yr with reggie smith at fs and mays at ss. we cant even rush the passer for s**t
2 things mainly

cant stop the screen

Also

Manusky needs to get a lot of blame for this. He continues to call the most vanilla 3-4 in the game, places ZERO premium on OLB's who can pass rush, can't make in-game adjustments or identify OBVIOUS weaknesses in this defense (off-tackle runs, screen passes, zero pass rush, slow safety and ILB and piss poor coverage in the middle of the field, etc.)...same problems every year yet you freaking fans expect us to be a top 5 defense? Laughable!

Want to watch one play that exemplifies our defense? Watch the flea-flicker TD by KC. Watch an unblocked Manny Lawson lightly jogging towards Cassel as he completed that TD. NO HEART!
If anything this was supposed to give a fighting chance, we have to have the most talented players on the sh***est D ever!
Why... just why can't we put two good performance in a week together in a row???
Too many 3 & outs. Outcoached - we had no answer for their very effective screens and imaginative play calling. The flee-flicker, onside kick [we lucked out on that one] and their better use of talent.
Originally posted by NCommand:
2 things mainly

cant stop the screen

Also

Manusky needs to get a lot of blame for this. He continues to call the most vanilla 3-4 in the game, places ZERO premium on OLB's who can pass rush, can't make in-game adjustments or identify OBVIOUS weaknesses in this defense (off-tackle runs, screen passes, zero pass rush, slow safety and ILB and piss poor coverage in the middle of the field, etc.)...same problems every year yet you freaking fans expect us to be a top 5 defense? Laughable!

Want to watch one play that exemplifies our defense? Watch the flea-flicker TD by KC. Watch an unblocked Manny Lawson lightly jogging towards Cassel as he completed that TD. NO HEART!

f**k manny
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home