49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 569 users in the forums

ESPN: Smith worst QB in NFC West and getting worse

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by Shaj:

Stafford went to an 0-16 team, possibly the worst in NFL history, and in his 2nd year has a better career passer rating than Smith has either this year or in his career. What do you want to know specifically?

Comparisons to Stafford and Bradford are valid comparisons as both went to teams lacking a lot of talent. The comparisons to Flacco, Ryan, or Roethlisberger are a little ridiculous when considering the personnel around them compared to Smith.

people go over board on this too though.

Yes, Stafford and Bradford are the better situational comparisons.....but lets not pretend that teams like ATL pre Matt Ryan were anything more than average. They are a much better team now directly because Matt Ryan wasted no time in contributing to the franchise that drafted him
[ Edited by danimal on Sep 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM ]
I'm reading the thread title :Smith worst QB in NFC West and getting worse

I think its safe to say he's without a doubt the worst Starting QB in the ENTIRE league , or pretty darn close..
[ Edited by EndAround81 on Sep 27, 2010 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

~ How does it explain why we can't get our plays in on time?
~ How does it explain the players can't understand the OC?
~ Explain why our PR guys can't catch a punt?
~ Explain why we get out coached and out schemed in every single game?
~ Why is our ownership so reactionary instead of being proactive?

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

I think you could make a real strong argument for that.

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

Flacco has looked pretty bad so far this year.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Joe Flacco 108 59 664 54.6 6.1 4 3.7 5 4.6 38 3 19 66.3
Alex Smith 119 72 732 60.5 6.2 2 1.7 5 4.2 41 7 35 66.2

your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Find one person with an IQ greater than 50 who would take Smith over Flacco, and you will have found the love of your life.

I thought you quit being a 9er fan. Go away little boy.

~Ceadder

You are the one who quit being a Niner fan and have become a Smith jock sniffer. What is up with that? Do you actually care about winning? Do you understand that Smith is a big part of the losing equation? Some girls really understand football but you need to find a boyfriend who can teach you a few things.

Wow what a great argument. You took a tact that I have never seen before. When in doubt go for the personal attack.

I would report you but since I know you're one of the offending alias screennames I'll make you look more intelligent by stating you win I give up and let's sh!tcan Smith right now.

Can't wait til I read your Obit. And won't be surprised that CoD was a beatin that got out of hand cause your mouth overrode you your hummingbird ass.

~Ceadder

LOL you call someone a little boy then get your panties in a bunch when you get some of your same medicine.

Smokie,

Bud -- you're at 50% warning now and because you're new -- I can see the Mods wiping you off the Zone completely.

Perhaps that's what you want. You're frustrated to the point that you want to irritate someone. Heck -- we all feel that way.

But if you want to stay on the zone and post some cognizant and relevant discussion -- I suggest you stop posting for an hour or two -- take a deep breath -- and realize there are other things in life than your San Francisco 49ers.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 13,365
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

~ How does it explain why we can't get our plays in on time?
~ How does it explain the players can't understand the OC?
~ Explain why our PR guys can't catch a punt?
~ Explain why we get out coached and out schemed in every single game?
~ Why is our ownership so reactionary instead of being proactive?

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

I think you could make a real strong argument for that.

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

Flacco has looked pretty bad so far this year.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Joe Flacco 108 59 664 54.6 6.1 4 3.7 5 4.6 38 3 19 66.3
Alex Smith 119 72 732 60.5 6.2 2 1.7 5 4.2 41 7 35 66.2

your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Find one person with an IQ greater than 50 who would take Smith over Flacco, and you will have found the love of your life.

I thought you quit being a 9er fan. Go away little boy.

~Ceadder

You are the one who quit being a Niner fan and have become a Smith jock sniffer. What is up with that? Do you actually care about winning? Do you understand that Smith is a big part of the losing equation? Some girls really understand football but you need to find a boyfriend who can teach you a few things.

Wow what a great argument. You took a tact that I have never seen before. When in doubt go for the personal attack.

I would report you but since I know you're one of the offending alias screennames I'll make you look more intelligent by stating you win I give up and let's sh!tcan Smith right now.

Can't wait til I read your Obit. And won't be surprised that CoD was a beatin that got out of hand cause your mouth overrode you your hummingbird ass.

~Ceadder

LOL you call someone a little boy then get your panties in a bunch when you get some of your same medicine.

Smokie,

Bud -- you're at 50% warning now and because you're new -- I can see the Mods wiping you off the Zone completely.

Perhaps that's what you want. You're frustrated to the point that you want to irritate someone. Heck -- we all feel that way.

But if you want to stay on the zone and post some cognizant and relevant discussion -- I suggest you stop posting for an hour or two -- take a deep breath -- and realize there are other things in life than your San Francisco 49ers.

Too late...
  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

~ How does it explain why we can't get our plays in on time?
~ How does it explain the players can't understand the OC?
~ Explain why our PR guys can't catch a punt?
~ Explain why we get out coached and out schemed in every single game?
~ Why is our ownership so reactionary instead of being proactive?

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

I think you could make a real strong argument for that.

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

Flacco has looked pretty bad so far this year.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Joe Flacco 108 59 664 54.6 6.1 4 3.7 5 4.6 38 3 19 66.3
Alex Smith 119 72 732 60.5 6.2 2 1.7 5 4.2 41 7 35 66.2

your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Flaw #1. Who says they want Flacco?

Per Shaj

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team.

Flaw #2. You are not grasping context and the spirit of his message. He was pointing out a set of QB's and named examples.

You can not counter his message with an argument about just one of those guys...you would have to debate with him on each one before you could even begin to have a point.

Flaw #3. You Alex lovers do the same thing every year. You point out the few QB's who happen to have a worst season than Alex for some very short amount of time....and cling on to that argument for dear life.

Example, I wanted Cutler and Sanchez 2 years ago and got all kind of crap. But nobody wants to debate me on those two anymore Of course not, because right now Flacco is not playing well so he is your magic trump card. If Cutler throws a few INT's tonight then you guys will start using him again. If Matt Ryan has a bad November, then he will be your new "See" example.

You guys are so predictable and lame right now. YOU LOST. YOU WERE WRONG. Now you just look pathetic and stubborn.

great post!!!! Agree with you 100%. The Flacco 3 game comparisons are hilarious. How about they compare the rookie years of both Smith and Flacco?

I have tried to figure out how someone could still support Smith, and I could only conclude that the average IQ of those guys must be less than 50. Losers compare themselves to people who are not doing well, to justify their own failures. Winners compare themselves to people who are doing well. Ceadder, you have revealed yourself to be a low IQ loser. Congratulations.

That's it. Come up here and say this garbage to my face. You have made your last personal attack. Reason being is if you cannot come up here and back your crap up then you should shut your pie hole you're obviously trying to get me to start attacking you. Well I won't. The offer stands open and I'm really hoping you take me up on it. I've PM'ed you my town. Google a place here of your choosing and we can speak face to face about my Sex and my IQ.

I won't make personal attacks. I'll let you continue to do so but you will be sorry if you think you can do this type of crap right to my face.

~Ceadder

Hey Smokie, quit with the personal attacks on zoners. Focus on the issues, not the people conveying the issues. I may agree with what you say about Smith, but I don't agree with making it personal with zoners.

how about YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS or TELL F'n CEADDER TO STOP TALKING SH1T HIMSELF...

if you were defending anyone else, I'd wouldn't respond like that Shaj....but you have to know who you are calling out and who you are defending, first and foremost.

I'm fine with the no personal attack rules here....but I wish they would be implemented fairly to everyone.


Yep, I got warned yesterday because luv and jrg wasted the entire gameday thread posting about how we were horrible fans for not keeping the faith and how they thought everything would be great in Ninerland.

Well, I pointed out that it may seem ok to them since they are likely closet fans and could wake up the next morning not feeling the same emotional letdown that someone like I would.

I got warned for "instigating". Meanwhile, having 2 nuts talk about how happy they are with the Niners and that they will be "supporters" forever...........while watching your team get mauled by an inferior opponent is not considered "inciting".

Yep...........not all's equal here in NT.
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

~ How does it explain why we can't get our plays in on time?
~ How does it explain the players can't understand the OC?
~ Explain why our PR guys can't catch a punt?
~ Explain why we get out coached and out schemed in every single game?
~ Why is our ownership so reactionary instead of being proactive?

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

I think you could make a real strong argument for that.

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

Flacco has looked pretty bad so far this year.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Joe Flacco 108 59 664 54.6 6.1 4 3.7 5 4.6 38 3 19 66.3
Alex Smith 119 72 732 60.5 6.2 2 1.7 5 4.2 41 7 35 66.2

your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Find one person with an IQ greater than 50 who would take Smith over Flacco, and you will have found the love of your life.

I thought you quit being a 9er fan. Go away little boy.

~Ceadder

You are the one who quit being a Niner fan and have become a Smith jock sniffer. What is up with that? Do you actually care about winning? Do you understand that Smith is a big part of the losing equation? Some girls really understand football but you need to find a boyfriend who can teach you a few things.

Wow what a great argument. You took a tact that I have never seen before. When in doubt go for the personal attack.

I would report you but since I know you're one of the offending alias screennames I'll make you look more intelligent by stating you win I give up and let's sh!tcan Smith right now.

Can't wait til I read your Obit. And won't be surprised that CoD was a beatin that got out of hand cause your mouth overrode you your hummingbird ass.

~Ceadder

LOL you call someone a little boy then get your panties in a bunch when you get some of your same medicine.

Smokie,

Bud -- you're at 50% warning now and because you're new -- I can see the Mods wiping you off the Zone completely.

Perhaps that's what you want. You're frustrated to the point that you want to irritate someone. Heck -- we all feel that way.

But if you want to stay on the zone and post some cognizant and relevant discussion -- I suggest you stop posting for an hour or two -- take a deep breath -- and realize there are other things in life than your San Francisco 49ers.

Too late...

Boom goes the ban-amite!
Originally posted by ZRF80:


Yep, I got warned yesterday because luv and jrg wasted the entire gameday thread posting about how we were horrible fans for not keeping the faith and how they thought everything would be great in Ninerland.

Well, I pointed out that it may seem ok to them since they are likely closet fans and could wake up the next morning not feeling the same emotional letdown that someone like I would.

I got warned for "instigating". Meanwhile, having 2 nuts talk about how happy they are with the Niners and that they will be "supporters" forever...........while watching your team get mauled by an inferior opponent is not considered "inciting".

Yep...........not all's equal here in NT.

You're comparing two people stating that they will support their team no matter what, to calling them closet fans? Then in the process you call them nuts? Do you really not see the difference, and not understand why it is viewed as instigating?
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by ihatealex2005:
as u can see on my username i hate alex. but i also know that even if we got rodgers we wud look the damm same gettin 1.5 seconds to throw A SCREEN PASS


Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

~ How does it explain why we can't get our plays in on time?
~ How does it explain the players can't understand the OC?
~ Explain why our PR guys can't catch a punt?
~ Explain why we get out coached and out schemed in every single game?
~ Why is our ownership so reactionary instead of being proactive?

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

I think you could make a real strong argument for that.

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

Flacco has looked pretty bad so far this year.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Joe Flacco 108 59 664 54.6 6.1 4 3.7 5 4.6 38 3 19 66.3
Alex Smith 119 72 732 60.5 6.2 2 1.7 5 4.2 41 7 35 66.2

your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Find one person with an IQ greater than 50 who would take Smith over Flacco, and you will have found the love of your life.

I thought you quit being a 9er fan. Go away little boy.

~Ceadder

You are the one who quit being a Niner fan and have become a Smith jock sniffer. What is up with that? Do you actually care about winning? Do you understand that Smith is a big part of the losing equation? Some girls really understand football but you need to find a boyfriend who can teach you a few things.

Wow what a great argument. You took a tact that I have never seen before. When in doubt go for the personal attack.

I would report you but since I know you're one of the offending alias screennames I'll make you look more intelligent by stating you win I give up and let's sh!tcan Smith right now.

Can't wait til I read your Obit. And won't be surprised that CoD was a beatin that got out of hand cause your mouth overrode you your hummingbird ass.

~Ceadder

LOL you call someone a little boy then get your panties in a bunch when you get some of your same medicine.

I didn't question your gender. I also did not question your IQ. Though the way you post I'm seriously reconsidering the IQ portion of this issue.

Either come up here and settle it like the man you think you are or stop with the personal attacks altogether. I question your maturity because you constantly post like your 10 years old. If you are a 10 year old than accept it gracefully. You aren't old enough to take offense to being called on it.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

~ How does it explain why we can't get our plays in on time?
~ How does it explain the players can't understand the OC?
~ Explain why our PR guys can't catch a punt?
~ Explain why we get out coached and out schemed in every single game?
~ Why is our ownership so reactionary instead of being proactive?

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

I think you could make a real strong argument for that.

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

Flacco has looked pretty bad so far this year.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Joe Flacco 108 59 664 54.6 6.1 4 3.7 5 4.6 38 3 19 66.3
Alex Smith 119 72 732 60.5 6.2 2 1.7 5 4.2 41 7 35 66.2

your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Flaw #1. Who says they want Flacco?

Per Shaj

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team.

Flaw #2. You are not grasping context and the spirit of his message. He was pointing out a set of QB's and named examples.

You can not counter his message with an argument about just one of those guys...you would have to debate with him on each one before you could even begin to have a point.

Flaw #3. You Alex lovers do the same thing every year. You point out the few QB's who happen to have a worst season than Alex for some very short amount of time....and cling on to that argument for dear life.

Example, I wanted Cutler and Sanchez 2 years ago and got all kind of crap. But nobody wants to debate me on those two anymore Of course not, because right now Flacco is not playing well so he is your magic trump card. If Cutler throws a few INT's tonight then you guys will start using him again. If Matt Ryan has a bad November, then he will be your new "See" example.

You guys are so predictable and lame right now. YOU LOST. YOU WERE WRONG. Now you just look pathetic and stubborn.

great post!!!! Agree with you 100%. The Flacco 3 game comparisons are hilarious. How about they compare the rookie years of both Smith and Flacco?

I have tried to figure out how someone could still support Smith, and I could only conclude that the average IQ of those guys must be less than 50. Losers compare themselves to people who are not doing well, to justify their own failures. Winners compare themselves to people who are doing well. Ceadder, you have revealed yourself to be a low IQ loser. Congratulations.

That's it. Come up here and say this garbage to my face. You have made your last personal attack. Reason being is if you cannot come up here and back your crap up then you should shut your pie hole you're obviously trying to get me to start attacking you. Well I won't. The offer stands open and I'm really hoping you take me up on it. I've PM'ed you my town. Google a place here of your choosing and we can speak face to face about my Sex and my IQ.

I won't make personal attacks. I'll let you continue to do so but you will be sorry if you think you can do this type of crap right to my face.

~Ceadder

Hey Smokie, quit with the personal attacks on zoners. Focus on the issues, not the people conveying the issues. I may agree with what you say about Smith, but I don't agree with making it personal with zoners.

how about YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS or TELL F'n CEADDER TO STOP TALKING SH1T HIMSELF...

if you were defending anyone else, I'd wouldn't respond like that Shaj....but you have to know who you are calling out and who you are defending, first and foremost.

I'm fine with the no personal attack rules here....but I wish they would be implemented fairly to everyone.


Yep, I got warned yesterday because luv and jrg wasted the entire gameday thread posting about how we were horrible fans for not keeping the faith and how they thought everything would be great in Ninerland.

Well, I pointed out that it may seem ok to them since they are likely closet fans and could wake up the next morning not feeling the same emotional letdown that someone like I would.

I got warned for "instigating". Meanwhile, having 2 nuts talk about how happy they are with the Niners and that they will be "supporters" forever...........while watching your team get mauled by an inferior opponent is not considered "inciting".

Yep...........not all's equal here in NT.

Good luck with finding equal treatment here. More like separate but equal.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by ihatealex2005:
as u can see on my username i hate alex. but i also know that even if we got rodgers we wud look the damm same gettin 1.5 seconds to throw A SCREEN PASS



However low a blow that was I have to admit that was pretty funny if it weren't our Starter.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

~ How does it explain why we can't get our plays in on time?
~ How does it explain the players can't understand the OC?
~ Explain why our PR guys can't catch a punt?
~ Explain why we get out coached and out schemed in every single game?
~ Why is our ownership so reactionary instead of being proactive?

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

I think you could make a real strong argument for that.

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

Flacco has looked pretty bad so far this year.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Joe Flacco 108 59 664 54.6 6.1 4 3.7 5 4.6 38 3 19 66.3
Alex Smith 119 72 732 60.5 6.2 2 1.7 5 4.2 41 7 35 66.2

your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Find one person with an IQ greater than 50 who would take Smith over Flacco, and you will have found the love of your life.

I thought you quit being a 9er fan. Go away little boy.

~Ceadder

You are the one who quit being a Niner fan and have become a Smith jock sniffer. What is up with that? Do you actually care about winning? Do you understand that Smith is a big part of the losing equation? Some girls really understand football but you need to find a boyfriend who can teach you a few things.

Wow what a great argument. You took a tact that I have never seen before. When in doubt go for the personal attack.

I would report you but since I know you're one of the offending alias screennames I'll make you look more intelligent by stating you win I give up and let's sh!tcan Smith right now.

Can't wait til I read your Obit. And won't be surprised that CoD was a beatin that got out of hand cause your mouth overrode you your hummingbird ass.

~Ceadder

LOL you call someone a little boy then get your panties in a bunch when you get some of your same medicine.

I didn't question your gender. I also did not question your IQ. Though the way you post I'm seriously reconsidering the IQ portion of this issue.

Either come up here and settle it like the man you think you are or stop with the personal attacks altogether. I question your maturity because you constantly post like your 10 years old. If you are a 10 year old than accept it gracefully. You aren't old enough to take offense to being called on it.

~Ceadder

WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING s**t TO HIM.... HE IS ALREADY BANNED. HE CAN'T RESPOND!

you talking about "come up here settle s**t" to a person who can't respond to you.....very brave move.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by Shaj:

Stafford went to an 0-16 team, possibly the worst in NFL history, and in his 2nd year has a better career passer rating than Smith has either this year or in his career. What do you want to know specifically?

Comparisons to Stafford and Bradford are valid comparisons as both went to teams lacking a lot of talent. The comparisons to Flacco, Ryan, or Roethlisberger are a little ridiculous when considering the personnel around them compared to Smith.

people go over board on this too though.

Yes, Stafford and Bradford are the better situational comparisons.....but lets not pretend that teams like ATL pre Matt Ryan were anything more than average. They are a much better team now directly because Matt Ryan wasted no time in contributing to the franchise that drafted him

True, but the 2005 and 2006 49ers were well below average. Insert Matt Ryan on the 2005 team and I'm not sure he contributes, and who knows how that impacts his development.

This is Smith's make or break year. 2005 and 2006 were difficult to judge because of the surrounding talent, 2007 and 2008 were lost to injury. 2009 showed some promise in the spread. 2010, so far I'd say break. But I don't see a better option on the roster. 2011, hopefully one of the college kids shows enough to be worthy of a draft pick.
Id take Alex Smith over any qb in our division right NOW
Id obviously take Bradford long term
Originally posted by Shaj:
1st Place, Matt Hasselbeck (Sideways arrow)

2nd Place, Sam Bradford (Green Arrow pointing up)

3rd Place, Derek Anderson (Sideways arrow)

4th Place, Alex Smith (Red Arrow Pointing Down)

"Smith has thrown three of his five interceptions on third down. He failed to build upon the tying drive he led against New Orleans a week ago. The 49ers have problems beyond Smith right now, but it's tougher to say Smith is part of the solution after a 0-3 start and two horrid road performances. Smith probably remains the 49ers' best option after the team traded away Shaun Hill. But if NFL teams had to choose their starters for Week 4 from the current starters in the division, I don't think Smith would generate much momentum. The 49ers have converted only five times in 32 third-down chances on the road."


Link to ESPN analysis

Whoa Shaj.... are you posting this because you agree with it? Do you also think Smith is a bad QB? I would never have guessed that from your other 1 million posts on the topic.. I can't come in this place without being bombarded by Shaj-hates-Smith threads. We get it. Nothing you wsay from now on will better show how much you despise Alex Smith as a QB. From now on just write "Shaj" whenever you post, and we will all regurgitate the normal Lines about Smith verbatim in out heads. It will be more efficient for everyone.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone