There are 172 users in the forums

ESPN: Smith worst QB in NFC West and getting worse

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
No QB that comes out for the draft next year will have a good NFL career. BOOK IT

You can't guarantee that without knowing the Juniors that come out. Mallet out of Arkansas or Moore from Boise. I'm not sold on Locker, Luck looks interesting, but I want to see more.

thats my prediction. The niners are better off trying to trade for a vet and develop Nate Davis instead of drafting any of the bums that are draft eligible
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

~ How does it explain why we can't get our plays in on time?
~ How does it explain the players can't understand the OC?
~ Explain why our PR guys can't catch a punt?
~ Explain why we get out coached and out schemed in every single game?
~ Why is our ownership so reactionary instead of being proactive?

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

I think you could make a real strong argument for that.

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

Flacco has looked pretty bad so far this year.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Joe Flacco 108 59 664 54.6 6.1 4 3.7 5 4.6 38 3 19 66.3
Alex Smith 119 72 732 60.5 6.2 2 1.7 5 4.2 41 7 35 66.2

your logic is so flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Find one person with an IQ greater than 50 who would take Smith over Flacco, and you will have found the love of your life.

Doesn't answer the question, with Flacco having the same numbers why the love for him?

because he tore it up in his rookie year and made his team a superbowl contender. is that good enough? Smith can't carry Flacco's jockstrap.
Very overly simplistic. The media always only looks at the QB and thinks that's all there is. Just like most fans.

This is a dysfunctional organization don't kid yourself. You could just as easily say we have the "WORST OWNERSHIP IN THE LEAGUE" and it's getting worse...

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team. Alex is a cancer in this organization. He has the NFL QB version of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy - everyone around him *but him* gets hurt, but he is the one inflicting the harm.

so not the point.

People claiming they want him to play like Flacco have no idea what they are talking about, they come up with these comparisons and don't realize he is playing almost better then Flacco.

Please point out where it flawed? People want Flacco but his numbers are almost exact to Smith but Smith has a higher completion %?

Find one person with an IQ greater than 50 who would take Smith over Flacco, and you will have found the love of your life.

I thought you quit being a 9er fan. Go away little boy.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by darkknight49:

so not the point.

Flaw #1. Who says they want Flacco?

I believe shaj just did.

I have friends that are forced to watch the Ravens every week. They don't like Flacco, as much as the media does.

so not the point.

Per Shaj

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team.

Flaw #2. You are not grasping context and the spirit of his message. He was pointing out a set of QB's and named examples.

You can not counter his message with an argument about just one of those guys...you would have to debate with him on each one before you could even begin to have a point.

Flaw #3. You Alex lovers do the same thing every year. You point out the few QB's who happen to have a worst season than Alex for some very short amount of time....and cling on to that argument for dear life.

Example, I wanted Cutler and Sanchez 2 years ago and got all kind of crap. But nobody wants to debate me on those two anymore Of course not, because right now Flacco is not playing well so he is your magic trump card. If Cutler throws a few INT's tonight then you guys will start using him again. If Matt Ryan has a bad November, then he will be your new "See" example.

You guys are so predictable and lame right now. YOU LOST. YOU WERE WRONG. Now you just look pathetic and stubborn.

so not the point.

It could be that Flacco has thrown twice as many TD's as Smith has this year?

People love a QB who gets them points, not one that falls short all the time (for whatever reason)...
I rest my case...

so not the point.

Doesn't answer the question, with Flacco having the same numbers why the love for him?

because he tore it up in his rookie year and made his team a superbowl contender. is that good enough? Smith can't carry Flacco's jockstrap.

See it's with ignorant comments like this being posted day after day that has me longing for an ignore feature.

I didn't want to even give it any rebuttal time, yet you cannot let something this stupid gain momentum in NT. All the other people out to shat on Alex will take their cues from it and lead to the inmates running the asylum.

So Shaj, if we're going to compare everything on a level field, Baltimore in Flacco's first year had better personnel than Smith in his SHORTER first year. Agreed?

Starting to like the taste of your own shoe leather are you?

Of note, YOU are not stupid. Your opinion IS stupid. JiC you feel the need to whine to the Mods.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 27, 2010 at 3:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

so not the point.

~Ceadder

You are the one who quit being a Niner fan and have become a Smith jock sniffer. What is up with that? Do you actually care about winning? Do you understand that Smith is a big part of the losing equation? Some girls really understand football but you need to find a boyfriend who can teach you a few things.

~Ceadder

You are the one who quit being a Niner fan and have become a Smith jock sniffer. What is up with that? Do you actually care about winning? Do you understand that Smith is a big part of the losing equation? Some girls really understand football but you need to find a boyfriend who can teach you a few things.

LOL... It's funny because it's true.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

so not the point.

Per Shaj

If Smith would come out of the damn chute and play like Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, or so many others, you would be singing the praises of our management team.

Flaw #2. You are not grasping context and the spirit of his message. He was pointing out a set of QB's and named examples.

You can not counter his message with an argument about just one of those guys...you would have to debate with him on each one before you could even begin to have a point.

Flaw #3. You Alex lovers do the same thing every year. You point out the few QB's who happen to have a worst season than Alex for some very short amount of time....and cling on to that argument for dear life.

Example, I wanted Cutler and Sanchez 2 years ago and got all kind of crap. But nobody wants to debate me on those two anymore Of course not, because right now Flacco is not playing well so he is your magic trump card. If Cutler throws a few INT's tonight then you guys will start using him again. If Matt Ryan has a bad November, then he will be your new "See" example.

You guys are so predictable and lame right now. YOU LOST. YOU WERE WRONG. Now you just look pathetic and stubborn.

great post!!!! Agree with you 100%. The Flacco 3 game comparisons are hilarious. How about they compare the rookie years of both Smith and Flacco?

• dj43

so not the point.

Per Shaj

great post!!!! Agree with you 100%. The Flacco 3 game comparisons are hilarious. How about they compare the rookie years of both Smith and Flacco?
HUGELY different supporting casts!

so not the point.

~Ceadder

Wow what a great argument. You took a tact that I have never seen before. When in doubt go for the personal attack.

I would report you but since I know you're one of the offending alias screennames I'll make you look more intelligent by stating you win I give up and let's sh!tcan Smith right now.

Can't wait til I read your Obit. And won't be surprised that CoD was a beatin that got out of hand cause your mouth overrode you your hummingbird ass.

~Ceadder

so not the point.

Per Shaj

I have tried to figure out how someone could still support Smith, and I could only conclude that the average IQ of those guys must be less than 50. Losers compare themselves to people who are not doing well, to justify their own failures. Winners compare themselves to people who are doing well. Ceadder, you have revealed yourself to be a low IQ loser. Congratulations.
smith sux take him out asap put in carr or troy smith please so that we can actually win a game
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I rest my case...

so not the point.

See it's with ignorant comments like this being posted day after day that has me longing for an ignore feature.

I didn't want to even give it any rebuttal time, yet you cannot let something this stupid gain momentum in NT. All the other people out to shat on Alex will take their cues from it and lead to the inmates running the asylum.

So Shaj, if we're going to compare everything on a level field, Baltimore in Flacco's first year had better personnel than Smith in his SHORTER first year. Agreed?

Starting to like the taste of your own shoe leather are you?

Of note, YOU are not stupid. Your opinion IS stupid. JiC you feel the need to whine to the Mods.

~Ceadder

If you want apples to apples comparisons, you should look at Ryan in his first year and Bradford in his first year right now and Stafford now in his second year. All of those are very high draft picks that went to very bad organizations with bad records and in chaos and turmoil.
Share 49ersWebzone