LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Atlanta Falcons)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex Smith 3 TD 7 INT, and people are still defending him. BENCH HIS ASS NOW.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Alex taking the podium acknowledging the 2 mistakes

At least he is a stand up guy not trying to deflect the blam

Doesn't change the outcome though

He's always been a stand up guy. His problem has been the whole QB thing. I think he can be offensive play caller one day.

He is what he is. Time to move on.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Why do all threads talking about firing Singletary get locked? Do the Yorks own this site? Guess I'll have to say it in every other thread then. FIRE SINGLETARY NOW!

If I remember correctly, the mods announced after last week's game that they want those threads in the Singletary General Discussion thread.
i want the St louis qb rook he is playing better than Alice Smith this mother f**ker needs to be cut , we should have moved on long time ago. when we had Mike Martz he refused to start Alex , Martz knew that he is useless ! 2nd Int if we had the field gold we would have won the game !
Originally posted by jeremy300:
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

the bold, yes was the Oline fault, alex got rushed, wanted to run, but they couldn't even keep a small hole open for that. you sound like a guy who's going to argue that with "alex sucks" type s**t, go for it, but watch the game. as far as the LB he threw too, yeah his bad, but every qb misses a LB every year and throws a dumb interception, so im not worried about it, because we have far far worse to worry about.

Yeah but dude, the OLine can't be perfect on every friggin play. Be realistic. Peyton and Eli and Romo and Brady don't have perfect OLines every time. I mean come on bro, yeah a bad OLine will make you look like s**t but there were times he had time and just didn't make throws and stuff. He's never done it for most of his career and he's not a good QB. He's just not. He makes mistakes when they kill you and it costs you points. Sure Nate f**ked up but if our offense scores more than 7 points it doesn't matter. Smith had good play calling, mostly good protection, good players around him making plays, and he DIDN'T GET IT DONE. Period. Not only did he NOT get it done, he killed us with those INTs. He lost us the game. Period. I'm done. Make him go away. I supported him for the last couple years but I'm completely done. I'm washing my hands of the guy. Judging him objectively from now on. And from my point of view he played badly and we had a chance to win and he killed us.
Originally posted by kidash:
Post all game analysis on this thread.

hey man you got a nice little thread going on here (up to 7 pages now) with all those other threads locked
Oh you're a moderator ... i see
forget it
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Wish we still had Shaun Hill
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

I stopped readying after the first sentence

Seriously. How the hell can you defend Alex after this?

The 1st pick bothered me more than the 2nd pick. The 1st was just a crap throw and decision. The 2nd was great defensive play...Alex thought it was man coverage and Alex tried to press...INT. No excuse but I can live with a pick like that. But the 1st one was just bone headed rookie sht. No excuse.

I'm just over it. He has to be benched. WTF is Sing thinking saying Alex is still the QB...

Thank you! He sucks... period... We could have won if not for other mistakes, but there is still a glaring problem at QB... I really mean glaring... Why did we get an offensive touchdown? Because we got "lucky" (it was not a PI) on a PI call.

Smith's 2 INTs --> 2 ATL FGs
Smith's intentional grounding --> loss of SF FG

He brings NOTHING to this team. Every pass was a "routine pass" that every NFL QB is expected to make. He missed several WRs deep down the field. The negated PI on Crabtree was a perfect example, as was the DW deep pass and the one where Morgan obviously had a step on the guy....
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

both the INT was his (smiths fault) however he led us to a good drive at the end the o line didnt block smith which eventuall led to a punt and game winning drive

i am not defending smith and this is the first loss this season i can say is on him

however i think he acually had the chance to lead us to a bigger lead on the last drive the o line f**ked that up

also nate had a great INT all he had to do was neal or go outo f bounds and we won the game as well

Oh you mean the drive where Smith intentionally grounded us out of FG range? If he sees the blitz he needs to get rid of the ball quick or try to take a short sack and give Nedney a chance at a FG.

Dude hate Alex Smith all you want b/c he has many warts but get your facts straight. He didn't intentionally ground us out of FG range. He was going to take a sack taking us out of FG range regardless of that penalty.

I don't know what the blocking assignment was but that Falcon came untouched up the middle and blew up the play. Gore ran by him but maybe he was supposed to take a quick screen who knows.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Alex taking the podium acknowledging the 2 mistakes

At least he is a stand up guy not trying to deflect the blam

Doesn't change the outcome though

He's always been a stand up guy. His problem has been the whole QB thing. I think he can be offensive play caller one day.

He is what he is. Time to move on.

Exactly, he's a smart guy he just doesn't mentally process things fast enough on the field. So he's got to go. I'm done.

• Nuns
  • Veteran
Taylor Mays!!!

(phonetically: Drew Brees! on Sirius commercials)

He made a ton of tackles, and wow what a special teams play. Clements needs some game situation training. He sits down and we win.
Besides the anemic offense - the real problem with this team is the defense can't stop teams in the final minutes. This stems entirely from their game philosophy of giving up yards, but stiffening in the red zone. The problem with this philosophy is that at the end of a game, they can't suddenly change modes and stop teams from at least getting into field goal range.

This defensive philosophy is completely ill-matched to a anemic offense. And that is on the coaches for not knowing how to use their team best.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Wish we still had Shaun Hill

no man we couldn't afford him ... he's a winner !
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

both the INT was his (smiths fault) however he led us to a good drive at the end the o line didnt block smith which eventuall led to a punt and game winning drive

i am not defending smith and this is the first loss this season i can say is on him

however i think he acually had the chance to lead us to a bigger lead on the last drive the o line f**ked that up

also nate had a great INT all he had to do was neal or go outo f bounds and we won the game as well

Oh you mean the drive where Smith intentionally grounded us out of FG range? If he sees the blitz he needs to get rid of the ball quick or try to take a short sack and give Nedney a chance at a FG.

Dude hate Alex Smith all you want b/c he has many warts but get your facts straight. He didn't intentionally ground us out of FG range. He was going to take a sack taking us out of FG range regardless of that penalty.

I don't know what the blocking assignment was but that Falcon came untouched up the middle and blew up the play. Gore ran by him but maybe he was supposed to take a quick screen who knows.

Not if he moved up in the pocket to take the sack or tried to run instead of intentional grounding it.
Share 49ersWebzone