There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Atlanta Falcons)

That was definitely making lemons out of lemonade.

Singletary MUST go. He is awful, and regardless of what issues anyone has - it begins and ends with the coach. We are a mentally weak team.

The defense was FINE aside from Nate Clements stupidity. Manusky is doing a fine job.

Mike Johnson was adequate for the hand he was dealt, but CLEARLY he needs to replace Smith. Despite what folks on this site think, I'm desperate to see David Carr start. He may hold the ball too long, but he CAN throw the ball down field. In addition, he was put in a similar early career situation as Alex Smith. Finally - seriously, what could it hurt?

Taylor Mays looked quite good for his first game. The defense deserved a better fate.
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Again the defence is unable to stop the opponent on the decisive drive of the game.
Last year this happend with the Vikings, this year with the Saints and with the Falcons.

So a great deal of blame goes to Manusky. I do not care if you force negative yards on the first two downs and then give up a first in 3rd down.

Same goes for the end of the games.

Obviously we can not rely on the defence to stop the opposing time.

How are they supposed to stop the opposing offense if they're on the field all the time and have no help from the offense? They can only do so much, this isn't on the defense at all. They even had the game won until Clements went full retard.

If the defense is on the field the entire game stopping them like against the Saints and the Falcons, they're going to get worn out at the end.

I don't think you can say our D was on the field all the time---the Niner offense had the ball from the 10 minute mark of the 4th quarter to the 3:40 mark---almost 7 minutes---they did half their job--the other half--getting some points was the usual fail.
I don't know why everyone is so pissed. Them coming back, and us shooting ourselves in the foot has been the theme of the season. I fully expected Atlanta to get that FG. Cheer up niner faithful, this s**thead of a regime will end this year.
Originally posted by jeremy300:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen




I stopped readying after the first sentence
Is there anyone more error prone than Nate clements...I swear he makes the WORST mistakes
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:
Originally posted by jeremy300:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen




Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

both the INT was his (smiths fault) however he led us to a good drive at the end the o line didnt block smith which eventuall led to a punt and game winning drive

i am not defending smith and this is the first loss this season i can say is on him

however i think he acually had the chance to lead us to a bigger lead on the last drive the o line f**ked that up

also nate had a great INT all he had to do was neal or go outo f bounds and we won the game as well
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Again the defence is unable to stop the opponent on the decisive drive of the game.
Last year this happend with the Vikings, this year with the Saints and with the Falcons.

So a great deal of blame goes to Manusky. I do not care if you force negative yards on the first two downs and then give up a first in 3rd down.

Same goes for the end of the games.

Obviously we can not rely on the defence to stop the opposing time.

How are they supposed to stop the opposing offense if they're on the field all the time and have no help from the offense? They can only do so much, this isn't on the defense at all. They even had the game won until Clements went full retard.

If the defense is on the field the entire game stopping them like against the Saints and the Falcons, they're going to get worn out at the end.

I don't think you can say our D was on the field all the time---the Niner offense had the ball from the 10 minute mark of the 4th quarter to the 3:40 mark---almost 7 minutes---they did half their job--the other half--getting some points was the usual fail.

If the offense can't score the defense can only hold on for so long.
The schedule lets up a bit after next week. The bad news is we'll be 0-5 so it won't mean a damn thing. We really needed this win today but failed miserably.
This time, I am quitting on Smith and joining the Smith haters. He cost us the game. The intercepted throw at the end of the first half brought the falcons back into the game. The score should have been 17-7 at the half. Smith then killed an important drive in the second half with another interception. Enough of that; let's stop this experiment.

At 0-4, the season is over, even though the rest of the team showed tonight that we are potentially better than our record shows.

Clements wanted the TD on the int return; a knee down would have been enough... Stupid play by the veteran !

The 49ers basically killed themselves, as many times recently. This team does no longer know how to win.

Only positive point: the new OC seems to be an upgrade.
Ibtl!
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Started off great and ended badly. Story of the season.



POSITIVES:

-Mike Johnson will be a good OC.

what makes you think that? We scored 7 points on offense... He made a couple good calls, like that td pass to vd, but we sucked on offense...

He dramatically changed the game plan, got the ball to our playmakers, and sustained drives. Called great plays on third down. Put us in a position to win.

Then Alex Smith threw that all away.


this^^
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I don't know why everyone is so pissed. Them coming back, and us shooting ourselves in the foot has been the theme of the season. I fully expected Atlanta to get that FG. Cheer up niner faithful, this s**thead of a regime will end this year.

No it won't and it won't end until the Yorks sell the franchise.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I don't know why everyone is so pissed. Them coming back, and us shooting ourselves in the foot has been the theme of the season. I fully expected Atlanta to get that FG. Cheer up niner faithful, this s**thead of a regime will end this year.

Didn't it end when Jed took over and Singletary was named HC?
p.willis face after the game explains it all!
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by jeremy300:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen




I stopped readying after the first sentence


Seriously. How the hell can you defend Alex after this?

The 1st pick bothered me more than the 2nd pick. The 1st was just a crap throw and decision. The 2nd was great defensive play...Alex thought it was man coverage and Alex tried to press...INT. No excuse but I can live with a pick like that. But the 1st one was just bone headed rookie sht. No excuse.

I'm just over it. He has to be benched. WTF is Sing thinking saying Alex is still the QB...