Yikes, Morgan done for the year

Link?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Link?

In one of the other threads it said Morgan had a torn ACL, not confirmed by Maiocco
pretty sad that the Niners are concerned w/ garbage time yards/pts.
We don't use him anyway. We don't throw the ball down the field.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'd be pissed if I tore my ACL with 3 seconds left in a 28 pt blowout.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I hold Sing responsible. he's calling time outs and having his starters out on the field. This is coaching 101, pg 2. Pull your starters in garbage time.
Originally posted by Shaj:
I hold Sing responsible. he's calling time outs and having his starters out on the field. This is coaching 101, pg 2. Pull your starters in garbage time.

he did this last year in the blowout loss to Atlanta too, something about wanting to get in one last hit

plain old stupid coaching decisions
Sing is a joke.
Originally posted by Shaj:

agreed 100%. IMO, if this is true, that alone should get Sing fired
the ending was unclear, did sing in fact call a timeout to do just that, get another play off? his demeanor in walking on the field as it happened kinda made it seem like he didnt call it or stop the game.

Whether Morgan was hurt or not Sing is a moron.

What does he think this is? Pop Warner?

Ridiculous.

Link?

In one of the other threads it said Morgan had a torn ACL, not confirmed by Maiocco

I'm pretty sure that's an unsubstantiated rumor. Nobody close to the team has said he has a torn ACL.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ssahnan:
the ending was unclear, did sing in fact call a timeout to do just that, get another play off? his demeanor in walking on the field as it happened kinda made it seem like he didnt call it or stop the game.

regardless, he had his starters out there in garbage time. Just imagine if we had lost Gore to an acl tear in garbage time. Sing is in way too far over his head, he can't even deal with the basics.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Link?

I'm pretty sure that's an unsubstantiated rumor. Nobody close to the team has said he has a torn ACL.

feeling i get from reading around is they havent even gotten to the point of diagnosing it to that level, sounds like they took a quick look at it and jumped on the plane. if further examination is required, sounds like they'll do it in sf
I think this is a injury that will eventually help us out. Morgan's a good receiver but him and Crabs equals to the slowest receiving tandem in football. Let Ginn start and use Zeigler in the slot more and I think our passing attack should improve.
Share 49ersWebzone