There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why do all teams get better and Niners stay the same?

Good coaches can turn things around in a hurry. Atlanta, Arizona, New Orleans, Miami all turned it around within a very short time of being taken over by a new regime. At this point you could probably add Kansas City there as well.

Meanwhile we're well on out way to our 8th straight year without a winning season. The only teams I can think of who have been worse over this time frame are the Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills and the Detroit Lions.

Incompetence.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Sep 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Bottom line: Ownership..........

York fires Mooch with no plan at all... I was not a huge Mooch fan and thought he was way too conservative, but he was far better then Erickson and anything available at the time...

So York brings in Erickson..... Miserable fail!

Then York brings in Nolan... Never being a head coach before, they bring Nolan in with way too much power.. He's made GM/Coach basically.. Miserable fail...

Then they strip Nolan of his GM status only to give it to McCloughan who had never been anything close to a GM before.. Another fail...

Then Jed comes in.. He fires Nolan halfway through the season. Good move.. Gives the reigns to Singletary for the last half of the season to see what he's got.. Another good move.

Then they make Singletary the head coach, good move as there was really nothing out there at the time.. Holmgren, Shanny, Gruden, Cohwer, those guys weren't going anywhere that year... So Jed gives Coach Sing a 4 year contract.. A 4 year contract for a good half a seasons work?!?!?!?!?! Very, very bad move... I mean the 2 good moves Jed made where obvious... My friends 4 year old kid could have made that call.......

And the Niners still have no GM.... You hire a top notch football guy as your GM and get the f**k out of his way.... But the 49ers from top to bottom, cannot get out of their own way...........

I agreee. We have bad ownership. Until they sell the team or bring in a good GM and then step back we are scre*&*&^%
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by niner4980:
I am sick of this year after year getting excited about this team and year after year they disappoint! It seems so long ago we were any good! The whole organization sucks! I am so ready to give up on this team I can't take another year of no playoffs! Every sunday I get in a horrible mood cuz of this s#$t team!!!

I was 15 the last time the 49ers were a relevant team in the NFL. Now 23

I was 14! Now 22!

Lived my whole high school and college life rooting for a crappy team. Still rocking my Niners jacket in Winter time and Niner T-shirts in summer time the whole time. And I'm in Chicago Bear, Indianapolis Colt, Green Bay Packer and Detroit Lion territory. Hah.
at least I can play as the '94 niners on madden and relive the glory days.
Originally posted by skynet907:
God is punishing you for living in San Fransisco.

haha..thats kinda funny
the yorks wont end up selling the team if they do they will screw us like cohan did when he picked lacob over ellison to buy gsw simple what this team needs what other teams have is vet leadership and a oc that knows how to use the weapons he has on his team i remember people saying when nolan was here oh we want singltary to coach hell get job now people want him out its never ending cycle what people want is bill walsh risen from the dead
~ One of the worst owners in the league.
~ Go from bad coaches to worse and stick with them for way too long...
~ Hang on to certain players for way to long holding out for false hope.
~ Many bad offensive coordinators in a row.
~ Horrendous special teams year after year.
~ Team lacks fundamentals year after year like holding onto the ball.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The Niners have sucked for the past 8 years and never seem to improve while other teams turn it around in a year or two. Look at the chiefs even the lions are looking good. I cant take this s**t anymore when will we be good again! God help us please!

Because our Cheap Owners won't pay for quality coaching. They bottom dollar it and it shows.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The Niners have sucked for the past 8 years and never seem to improve while other teams turn it around in a year or two. Look at the chiefs even the lions are looking good. I cant take this s**t anymore when will we be good again! God help us please!

Because our Cheap Owners won't pay for quality coaching. They bottom dollar it and it shows.
tell who are the quality coachs r u talking about other then gruden
Originally posted by NinerNation:

Harbaugh.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Cowher
coaching
Originally posted by jcs:

Cowher

moooooooch
When was the last time we had knowledgable coaches?

:::crickets::::