LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Why do all teams get better and Niners stay the same?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bottom line: Ownership..........

York fires Mooch with no plan at all... I was not a huge Mooch fan and thought he was way too conservative, but he was far better then Erickson and anything available at the time...

So York brings in Erickson..... Miserable fail!

Then York brings in Nolan... Never being a head coach before, they bring Nolan in with way too much power.. He's made GM/Coach basically.. Miserable fail...

Then they strip Nolan of his GM status only to give it to McCloughan who had never been anything close to a GM before.. Another fail...

Then Jed comes in.. He fires Nolan halfway through the season. Good move.. Gives the reigns to Singletary for the last half of the season to see what he's got.. Another good move.

Then they make Singletary the head coach, good move as there was really nothing out there at the time.. Holmgren, Shanny, Gruden, Cohwer, those guys weren't going anywhere that year... So Jed gives Coach Sing a 4 year contract.. A 4 year contract for a good half a seasons work?!?!?!?!?! Very, very bad move... I mean the 2 good moves Jed made where obvious... My friends 4 year old kid could have made that call.......

And the Niners still have no GM.... You hire a top notch football guy as your GM and get the f**k out of his way.... But the 49ers from top to bottom, cannot get out of their own way...........
Not getting pedigreed and viable offensive coaches/systems. Absolutely NO innovation on Offense. Singletary being very stubborn and one-dimensional, constantly gets out-coached.. These forementioned facts are still a "core-cultural" trait, that until we totally remove, were gonna stay/look the same.
Somebody has to take over from the Warriors...the torch has been passed
hate him all you want, but mike nolan drafted a good club. nolan would have lost 24-21 vs kc.....perhaps that puts into perspective how POOR singletary is?
Originally posted by Eduardo75:

York fires Mooch with no plan at all... I was not a huge Mooch fan and thought he was way too conservative, but he was far better then Erickson and anything available at the time...

Then York brings in Nolan... Never being a head coach before, they bring Nolan in with way too much power.. He's made GM/Coach basically.. Miserable fail...

Then they strip Nolan of his GM status only to give it to McCloughan who had never been anything close to a GM before.. Another fail...

Then Jed comes in.. He fires Nolan halfway through the season. Good move.. Gives the reigns to Singletary for the last half of the season to see what he's got.. Another good move.

Then they make Singletary the head coach, good move as there was really nothing out there at the time.. Holmgren, Shanny, Gruden, Cohwer, those guys weren't going anywhere that year... So Jed gives Coach Sing a 4 year contract.. A 4 year contract for a good half a seasons work?!?!?!?!?! Very, very bad move... I mean the 2 good moves Jed made where obvious... My friends 4 year old kid could have made that call.......

And the Niners still have no GM.... You hire a top notch football guy as your GM and get the f**k out of his way.... But the 49ers from top to bottom, cannot get out of their own way...........

SPOT ON !!!!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

SPOT ON !!!!

Well will need to pull the trigger eventually. I hope Eddie is counseling him now on how to hire a topflight HC. I am not completely done with Sing and Raye, but Smith has to go bye bye. You ask about GM, but Baalke's draft looks to be pretty damn good so far... I would be alright with Baalke heading up the draft for at least another year...
Patrick Willis looks terrible. Got the contract and quit
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The Niners have sucked for the past 8 years and never seem to improve while other teams turn it around in a year or two. Look at the chiefs even the lions are looking good. I cant take this s**t anymore when will we be good again! God help us please!

Its all about QB play and coaching philosophy. This NFL era, you need to pass and score. Meaning, you need QB and speed, speed, and speed.
I guess you can have good players but if you don't have a coach or a qb it doesn't mean s**t
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Well since the start of the 2004 season we have had s**tty QB's and s**tty HC's. That'll do it.

I am sick of this year after year getting excited about this team and year after year they disappoint! It seems so long ago we were any good! The whole organization sucks! I am so ready to give up on this team I can't take another year of no playoffs! Every sunday I get in a horrible mood cuz of this s#$t team!!!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4980:
I am sick of this year after year getting excited about this team and year after year they disappoint! It seems so long ago we were any good! The whole organization sucks! I am so ready to give up on this team I can't take another year of no playoffs! Every sunday I get in a horrible mood cuz of this s#$t team!!!

I was 15 the last time the 49ers were a relevant team in the NFL. Now 23
you should change the headliner we get worse not stay the same !
we have a GREAT football team.....coaches must go!! the whole team needs to quit on him like patrick willis did today.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

SPOT ON !!!!

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone