There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Kansas City Chiefs)

Originally posted by billbird2111:
It is a good read -- but what really worries me is this:

The 49ers look outcoached and outmanuevered on BOTH sides of the ball.

I wish I could put my finger on what is going wrong with the defense -- but the inconsistency of this unit just baffles me. We were prepared for just about anything that was thrown at them last season.

But this year? The defense looks just as lost as the offense.

And you can't pin that on poor QB play.

Cosigned. Getting fooled on a double reverse flea flicker or whatever? SMH at that that's terrible. Our safeties look like crap too and we can't stop the run right now.
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
What's so good about it? Not trying to be funny. But... what in that article is stated that makes it a good read?

sorry maybe I should change the title, what I meant by this post is that someone that cover that game notice that everybody in the looker room (chiefs and niners) knew we were out coach and that's probably why coach sing knew he had to make a change on the OC and don't lose the team...

I know that by now is obvious something of that nature happen but this only shows hard evidence of what happen on Sunday and the writer suggest that our problems go deeper than the OC so probably we shouldn't get our expectations to hi for Sundays Atlanta game...

I wish I could put my finger on what is going wrong with the defense -- but the inconsistency of this unit just baffles me. We were prepared for just about anything that was thrown at them last season.

I don't think the Defense is entirely encouraged to make plays only to believe the offense can't get the job done. I guarantee it... if the offense starts making plays and showing some life... the defense will step it up....
Originally posted by Joecool:

When you can't put your finger on what's wrong, it's usually best to point it at the ones who do not perform on the field.

General issues like this point directly towards the higher ups such as the assistants and HC.

Yeah -- but that's what baffles me to no end. It's the same assistants and HC that had the defense performing at a high level last season. Nothing changed.

I'm not going to buy into an argument that Manusky has forgotten how to call an effective game. You just don't "forget."

Unless teams have figured out what we were doing so effectively last season and have learned to neutralize us. And if that's the case -- we're s(rewed.

I don't think the Defense is entirely encouraged to make plays only to believe the offense can't get the job done. I guarantee it... if the offense starts making plays and showing some life... the defense will step it up....

This. The best defense is a good offense... And our offense sucks.
this has not been discussed.
so, we could have told you this when singletary was hired

nothing new

49ers havent had good coaching since Mooch
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Nah bro the best D was the Ravens in 2000. That team didn't have a good offense and they were still beast. If the D had stopped NO from getting 25 points we'd have atleast 1 win right now.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Nah bro the best D was the Ravens in 2000. That team didn't have a good offense and they were still beast. If the D had stopped NO from getting 25 points we'd have atleast 1 win right now.

I'm not saying that our D is even close to the ravens D of 2000... but their offense with Trent "the game manager" Dilfer had the confidence of their D... that they could sustain drives... give the defense some rest... score albeit minimal... but in the end put up some numbers.

Our Defense is pissed off... why work hard for a co-worker... pick up slack... if you know damn well that something is wrong... that they will not hold up their end of the bargain.

This is an unwritten rule so to speak... because... nobody will out right say... "hey the offense sucks... why should I work harder"... but in the deep abyss of game day... you're going to look out for number one and realize that "we can't achieve our goal as a team"... "then I'm not going bust my ass..." I will play just enough to not get noticed as "take plays off kinda guy"...

and if that ain't a coaching ISSUE.... then I don't know what the hell it is.

Sing has got to go... I like him a lot... but man... he is not making the right decisions. Jimmy Raye?... PFFT WTF!
[ Edited by RYPTOUT on Oct 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM ]

umm, ravens... jets... steelers...?? these defenses step up when the offense doesn't. I don't buy your explanation.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

umm, ravens... jets... steelers...?? these defenses step up when the offense doesn't. I don't buy your explanation.

Ravens,Jets,Steelers Offenses > 49ers offense.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Ravens,Jets,Steelers Offenses > 49ers offense.

Yeah but the Ravens and Jets played eachother on the first game of the season and the offenses combined for 19 points. But the defenses kept picking up the slack for their offense and the ravens barely eaked it out but the still one. If that was our offense doing that you wouldn't see our D holding the other team to 9. Heck both the Ravens and Jets would've won the game against NO with the production our O had.