LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Kansas City Chiefs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I hate to say it, but Patrick Willis played like crap today.. That was the problem on the front 7 IMO... As for the DB's, I think both our safeties suck.
We played a cover 2 shell the whole game which put Willis 10-15 yards deep every play.
Originally posted by Go49erss:
We played a cover 2 shell the whole game which put Willis 10-15 yards deep every play.

that was disgusting to see
Ugh who merged my thread? It wasn't just analysis for the chiefs game it was a suggestion of what to do for our d the rest of the season. In case people haven't noticed they're giving up about 28 points per game or something like that.
Todd Haley had an excellent game plan.
On Offence:
Always have some guy block/chip Willis to spring Charles and Jones.
Take advantage of the DB's tendency to bite on plays (see flea flicker).
Most run plays came off left and right tackle. Aubrayo actually held his own in the middle.
Rolled Cassel away from any blitz pressure.
On Defence:
On the other side Romeo played a great game against Raye's offence.
Not allow any deep balls with double coverage and force Alex to dink and dunk. Not being able to establish a running game was the icing on the cake. You would have thought Frank and the o-line tried to run against the Steelers D-line.
As a Chiefs fan who suffered through the Herm Edwards Era....And many other craptacular Chiefs eras...I just came here to say that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, guys.
Originally posted by kswheels:
As a Chiefs fan who suffered through the Herm Edwards Era....And many other craptacular Chiefs eras...I just came here to say that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, guys.

No there isn't. Have you seen our owner? He believes the 49ers are his personal toy and his parents won't open up the wallet for a real coach, and he doesn't want to bring in a Holmgren/Parcells type of VP guy because then he would be forced to listen to someone who actually knows something. This whole team is talented but they don't play together and our coachings a mess and this whole damn thing is a huge gigantic fail.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
can i get a refund for sunday ticket snap?
I don't know if is posted but here you go...

"After working the 49ers locker room Sunday in K.C., I heard just how lost and bewildered Singletary's team is at this point. Todd Haley and the rest of his Chiefs staff coached circles around San Francisco, and it was obvious how poorly prepared the 49ers were in terms of their adjustments and in-game reaction to what they saw from the creative and aggressive Chiefs. Late Sunday afternoon in the bowels of Arrowhead Stadium, San Francisco looked like a team that didn't even know what hit it."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/09/27/react/index.html

go niners
[ Edited by servegmo on Oct 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM ]
ok?....

What's so good about it? Not trying to be funny. But... what in that article is stated that makes it a good read?
It is a good read -- but what really worries me is this:

The 49ers look outcoached and outmanuevered on BOTH sides of the ball.

I wish I could put my finger on what is going wrong with the defense -- but the inconsistency of this unit just baffles me. We were prepared for just about anything that was thrown at them last season.

But this year? The defense looks just as lost as the offense.

And you can't pin that on poor QB play.
We all know how bad the locker room is and how bad our game plan is...I havent felt this low as a 49er fan since Alex Smith's rookie year.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
It is a good read -- but what really worries me is this:

The 49ers look outcoached and outmanuevered on BOTH sides of the ball.

I wish I could put my finger on what is going wrong with the defense -- but the inconsistency of this unit just baffles me. We were prepared for just about anything that was thrown at them last season.

But this year? The defense looks just as lost as the offense.

And you can't pin that on poor QB play.

When you can't put your finger on what's wrong, it's usually best to point it at the ones who do not perform on the field.

General issues like this point directly towards the higher ups such as the assistants and HC.
Share 49ersWebzone