49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 701 users in the forums

Is Chilo Rachal a bust?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Chilo Rachal a bust?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/14/secret-superstar-chilo-rachal-san-francisco-49ers/


Not sure if I can take anything these guys say seriously after reading this
Sure seems like it these days.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,105
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Sure seems like it these days.

this
The train has left the station....and Rachal is still standing on the platform. He may still be needed in 2011 as an injury replacement, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kilgore be elevated to Active status, later this season, taking Rachal's spot.
Wow. People hate this guy.
think fast = play fast Rachal is too slow at both. Leave him as a back-up and in 3 yrs when he knows his assignments by rote memory he may start again. That's if he works at his craft instead of expecting to play because he was a 2nd round pick and makes a nice salary
Originally posted by VA49er:
Wow. People hate this guy.

He sucks. Why wouldn't people hate him? He hurts the team far more often than he helps it.
early-mid 2nd round guard? I'd say so.
he's a certified grade A kentwan balmer BUST

if harbaugh can't fix him then no one can
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,132
He will be gone next season.

Bust
Originally posted by jimbagg:
The train has left the station....and Rachal is still standing on the platform. He may still be needed in 2011 as an injury replacement, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kilgore be elevated to Active status, later this season, taking Rachal's spot.

More like the tracks
.

R.I.P Bust
yes
irrelevant whether we drrm him a bust or not-- whay is important is that the offense is infinitely better with snyder
I think Chilo has a ton of potential but it's no surprise that we drafted Kilgore and Person and have two lineman on the practice squad.

Chilo has some big problems

1) Not very mobile, he lost weight but he's still not mobile and to be effective in West Coast blocking ala Bobb McKittrick that the niners preferred mobile lineman.
2) He's strong, but he gets blown up on way too many occasions
3) ALL THE STUPID PENALTIES HE MAKES AND THE LINE HAS BEEN MAKING (I will give them that it's a new offense and they had hardly any offseason together)

I think the 49ers will draft a lineman in the first 3 rounds next year. I'm not counting Chilo out, but he has to step up his game.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone