LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Rams are our chief competition now...Seattle can be had, so long as you pressure Hasselback. 'Zona's a mess offensively, only thing saving them is their defense. With Bradford and Jackson, the Rams now have two kingpins to power their offense...and their defense is beginning to step up. Beating them won't be easy...so I expect a very tough game on the 14th.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

Oh yeah!!!!!!!! It's gonna happen! Seattle is going down hard to the Giants. If we lose to the god damn Rams then we deserve to suck this season.

I don't think we will beat the Rams.

They are 6th in the league in sacks (23) and allowing an opposing QB rating of 76.3.

Broncos are 29th in the league in sacks (9) and allowing an opposing QB rating of 93.6.

Their defense is 8th against the rush and 6th in points allowed.

They just picked up Michael Lewis, who knows our defense as well as anyone.

Not. Good.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Youngone:

Oh yeah!!!!!!!! It's gonna happen! Seattle is going down hard to the Giants. If we lose to the god damn Rams then we deserve to suck this season.

I don't think we will beat the Rams.

They are 6th in the league in sacks (23) and allowing an opposing QB rating of 76.3.

Broncos are 29th in the league in sacks (9) and allowing an opposing QB rating of 93.6.

Their defense is 8th against the rush and 6th in points allowed.

They just picked up Michael Lewis, who knows our defense as well as anyone.

Not. Good.

They wouldn't have picked up Lewis if he was on another team outside of our division. They only picked up his sorry ass because they have us next week. Those lousy cheaters are going down!
Matt Hasselbeck will not be playing Sunday against the Giants.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:

It would be a loss even he did play. Giants are playing good football right now.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Joecool:

It would be a loss even he did play. Giants are playing good football right now.

SEA is a pretty tough place to play. While the Giants are playing well, the 12th man has done serious damage to good teams before.
If we can "IMPROVE" as a team, we will be in a good position to battle for the NFC West down the stretch..

A weak division, unpredictable play by ALL 4 teams in the west, at 2-6 we are still in the thick of things..

At 2-6 we have lost 4 games by a FG or less, we have killed ourselves with penalties, turnovers, and game management and we have still competed in 6 of our 8 games..

If we can improve on the above, take care of the football, Singletary improve on game management, then we all know we have the TALENT to REALLY take this division and RUN WITH IT!! I know its hard to tell right now what kind of football team we have at 2-6, but I still think we have the most talented team in the nfc west and if we can finish the second half at 6-2 and win in the division.. Playoffs and the division will be in our hands..

With that said.. IYHO, where do you see the Niners finishing ??? Im gonna hope for 8-8; we go 4-1 in the division, and 2-1 vs non conference.
8-8 at the very best i think.
7-9 They will finish strong like they do every year. Just keeps us wanting more.
The remaining 8 games, theres NO ONE that scares me.. If we can take care of the ball, and not kill ourselves with penalities, I dont see why we cant dominate the remaining schedule..

With that said, we did find a way to lose v.s Carolina..
Matt Moore had the game of his life lighting up the defense
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Nov 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM ]

Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
The remaining 8 games, theres NO ONE that scares me..

You're delusional.

There's one team in each of those 8 games that should scared you, and it's the one you're rooting for.
I had the pleasure of watching the Cardinals lose on TV today, despite repeated attempts by the Vikings to hand the game to Arizona on a silver platter. And As I write, the Seahawks are in the process of being blown-out by the Giants.

Barring some miraculous turnaround by the Hawks today, standings going into week 10 will be as follows:

SEA - 4-4
STL - 4-4
ARI - 3-5
SF - 2-6

We play STL in week 10, and SEA goes to ARI. So if we beat St. Louis and Arizona takes care of business at home -- there will be a 3-way tie for first-place at 4-5 and we'll be 3-6...only one game out.

And I am a big fan of footballoutsiders.com, and according to them the Cardinals are the worst team in football -- should be 2-6. We, however, are the 17th-best team in the NFL and should be 4-4...SEA is 24th and STL is 28th. I think those performance numbers will play themselves out in the standings over the remainder of the year and we will see the first 7-9 playoff team in NFL history...maybe even 6-10.

Arizona will fade -- they are getting very lucky (statistically) -- as is STL (thought not as much). The key will be how Seattle plays out the year -- if Hasselback starts getting injured again or fails to return from his concussion in top form, we can win this thing!

We also have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff
For the record, Whitehurst has 5 yards passing through the first quarter.
i see a problem here....

dingleberry is still the coach
Originally posted by rxrunner:
i see a problem here....

dingleberry is still the coach

Agreed, but Dingleberry can still win 6 - 7 games.
Share 49ersWebzone