LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 119 users in the forums

TE Vernon Davis says 49ers are better than Saints

Shop Find 49ers gear online
all of you bashing vernon for this obviously have never coached or been a captain of any team, from one of our captains, this is what you wanna hear!

if he said that we werent as good, what do you think thats gonna do to the confidence and drive of the rest of our players, obviously, they are the super bowl champs, but there is no way of us beating unless our team believes we are better

[ Edited by superman49er on Sep 18, 2010 at 21:39:29 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by derek_allen_02:
What do you expect him to say? Of course a player will say their team is better than another team.

No the smart thing to say would be to keep his mouth shut and just play.

you have obviously never played anything semi competitive. Im sorry if they dont just roll over and die for your beloved saints. Get out of here

You don't know me man to make that remark. I grew up playing sports, played football in high school

its a lot different when your team is already on top...i dont think drew brees and the super bowl champs need a shot of confidence, in his position a good leader humbles his team to make them keep working

I have played enough sports in my life to know that talk is cheap. The good teams do their talking on the field, only wonna be teams run their mouths like this.

I dont know you but I see how you talk and that tells me all i need to know, a good leader isnt a pessimist and quiet. So im sorry if they arent rolling over and dieing for you, best way to make them play better is to raise the stakes and you do that by talking, this is football everyone talks sh**.

You can keep drinking the homer koolaid all you want. Nobody saying to roll over and die. Look how a champion like Drew Brees handles questions, he says the niners are better then they showed. Does he seem soft to because he didn't say "everyone knows we are gonna destroy the niners". Is he not a good leader ?

Do you remember Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott making stupid ass statements like this ? Were they not good leaders ?

VD is a good player but he leaves a lot to be desired as a leader.

This team and this head coach talk big talk without backing it up. Over confidence is exactly why the Seattle kicked our asses.

Its still armature hour over in Santa Clara.

when your team is on top, your role as a leader changes...brees doesnt have to enstill confidence to the super bowl champs, his job is to humble his team to make sure they keep working hard and dont rest on their laurels...big difference from a team that hasnt made the playoffs in 8 years

[ Edited by superman49er on Sep 18, 2010 at 21:38:39 ]
I love Vernon's confidence I have no doubt he's gonna bring it on Monday.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Bwahahahahaha
xD
vernon is awesome. he's our 2nd best player.
[img=null]

saints???? who dat????
Originally posted by superman49er:
What do you expect him to say? Of course a player will say their team is better than another team.

you have obviously never played anything semi competitive. Im sorry if they dont just roll over and die for your beloved saints. Get out of here

You don't know me man to make that remark. I grew up playing sports, played football in high school

its a lot different when your team is already on top...i dont think drew brees and the super bowl champs need a shot of confidence, in his position a good leader humbles his team to make them keep working

I have played enough sports in my life to know that talk is cheap. The good teams do their talking on the field, only wonna be teams run their mouths like this.

I dont know you but I see how you talk and that tells me all i need to know, a good leader isnt a pessimist and quiet. So im sorry if they arent rolling over and dieing for you, best way to make them play better is to raise the stakes and you do that by talking, this is football everyone talks sh**.

You can keep drinking the homer koolaid all you want. Nobody saying to roll over and die. Look how a champion like Drew Brees handles questions, he says the niners are better then they showed. Does he seem soft to because he didn't say "everyone knows we are gonna destroy the niners". Is he not a good leader ?

Do you remember Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott making stupid ass statements like this ? Were they not good leaders ?

VD is a good player but he leaves a lot to be desired as a leader.

This team and this head coach talk big talk without backing it up. Over confidence is exactly why the Seattle kicked our asses.

when your team is on top, your role as a leader changes...brees doesnt have to enstill confidence to the super bowl champs, his job is to humble his team to make sure they keep working hard and dont rest on their laurels...big difference from a team that hasnt made the playoffs in 8 years

Good points on leadership, Sus and Supe. Leadership certainly has it's ups and downs, it's ebbs and flows. Brees is playing his hand right, by being steady and not overly-confident. BTW, I think MHasselback is an elite QB right alongside Brees (when healthy) whom we let rattle us last Sunday. OUR job is to showcase our talent to the world, and just have fun playing on a Monday night!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
lol WTF is supposed to say we are going to lose lol if any of you ever have competed you know this is not what people who have any balls say before a big game or any game at that. all of you that dont believe GTFO GO NINERS SON
Too much talking. They haven't even showed they are better than last year, let alone the defending champs. These f'ing guys set themselves up for embarrassment by always opening their mouths about what they're gonna do. From Singletary to Raye to Vernon, please shut up and improve your 3rd down conversion rate, route running and pass blocking oh and get the plays in on time too. Until they do that, they can all fcck off in my book. Results speak louder than an empty soundbite based on "confidence".

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Sep 19, 2010 at 02:19:23 ]

Well, there will be electricity in the air..., or new stadium "Tessla Electrical Field".
Originally posted by HessianDud:
as with singletary's actions/words this week, this kind of s**t is either a necessary strategy to motivate the team and create an insulating Us vs. Them atmosphere, which might spur more impassioned play; or its a desperate attempt to manufacture confidence and justify the hype the team bought into over the summer.

We'll know sometime Monday night, I'm assuming.

We won't know until we're certain we're a playoff team or not, that shouldn't be sooner than Week 15.
  • Mex49
I bet he drops two
Originally posted by Mex49:
I bet he drops two

I bet he drops none.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by Mex49:
I bet he drops two

I bet he drops none.

Hope so
Share 49ersWebzone