There are 230 users in the forums

TE Vernon Davis says 49ers are better than Saints

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

This team of ours is not very bright.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/09/18/te-vernon-davis-says-49ers-are-better-than-saints/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
  • Chief
  • Veteran

I laugh, but every man has a right to his belief. Hell, I like confidence.

[ Edited by Chief on Sep 18, 2010 at 16:18:36 ]
That's Vernon Davis for ya...
As expected, the quality of the sh*t he's smoking went up as soon as he got that contract extension.
Wee deffinently not better. We could win, just like the raiders beat the steelers last year. No one expected that. Anything can happen on any given sunday. But were deffinently not better.
as with singletary's actions/words this week, this kind of s**t is either a necessary strategy to motivate the team and create an insulating Us vs. Them atmosphere, which might spur more impassioned play; or its a desperate attempt to manufacture confidence and justify the hype the team bought into over the summer.

We'll know sometime Monday night, I'm assuming.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The niners are just giving the Super Bowl Champions more incentive to kick our ass.

I expect the Saints to run up the score on us.
Whatever Vernon is smoking, I want some. That has to be some good s**t!
What did you expect him to say?

"Oh yeah, they're better than us. We're just going to lie down because we don't have a chance."

I've played and coached sports before, and we always HAVE to come in to any game with the mindset that we will compete and to a point, be better than the other team, so that we have a mental edge to the game.

If you come into any game with any doubt,... you've already lost.
What do you expect him to say? Of course a player will say their team is better than another team.

You don't get it, this is a LEADERSHIP MOVE.

Vernon did this before 2 PRIMETIME games last season; before the Zona game on MNF, and against the Bears on NFLN!

He's simply pumping the teams confidence/nastiness up for Monday's game.
would u expect any less of a guy who refers to himself in the 3rd person?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by derek_allen_02:
What do you expect him to say? Of course a player will say their team is better than another team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

No the smart thing to say would be to keep his mouth shut and just play.
So you're saying a Sam Bradford will tell people his team is better than the Baltimore Ravens or the Green Bay Packers?

get that logic outta here son

realism > homerism
Share 49ersWebzone