Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by derek_allen_02:
What do you expect him to say? Of course a player will say their team is better than another team.

No the smart thing to say would be to keep his mouth shut and just play.

you have obviously never played anything semi competitive. Im sorry if they dont just roll over and die for your beloved saints. Get out of here

You don't know me man to make that remark. I grew up playing sports, played football in high school

I have played enough sports in my life to know that talk is cheap. The good teams do their talking on the field, only wonna be teams run their mouths like this.

I dont know you but I see how you talk and that tells me all i need to know, a good leader isnt a pessimist and quiet. So im sorry if they arent rolling over and dieing for you, best way to make them play better is to raise the stakes and you do that by talking, this is football everyone talks sh**.

You can keep drinking the homer koolaid all you want. Nobody saying to roll over and die. Look how a champion like Drew Brees handles questions, he says the niners are better then they showed. Does he seem soft to because he didn't say "everyone knows we are gonna destroy the niners". Is he not a good leader ?

Do you remember Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott making stupid ass statements like this ? Were they not good leaders ?

VD is a good player but he leaves a lot to be desired as a leader.

This team and this head coach talk big talk without backing it up. Over confidence is exactly why the Seattle kicked our asses.

Its still armature hour over in Santa Clara.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
You don't get it, this is a LEADERSHIP MOVE.

Vernon did this before 2 PRIMETIME games last season; before the Zona game on MNF, and against the Bears on NFLN!

He's simply pumping the teams confidence/nastiness up for Monday's game.

This
Originally posted by kstolai:

Vernon did this before 2 PRIMETIME games last season; before the Zona game on MNF, and against the Bears on NFLN!

This

It seriously amazes me what Zoners have a problem with these days. VD can't win either way with half the posters on this board.

This

and to try to take some heat off sing for being a dumbass this week.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
smh, the saints are gonna embarrass us monday night

atleast if this happens theyre actually a good team and not a team we shouldve smashed...

the thing is no homerism i really think we can compete and pull off a win against them. its our lack of pass rush and garbage secondary that kills me, i believe we will come out prepared on offense believe it or not and it wont be a reason we lose
  • jrg
  • Veteran

This
alot of you duds are fake 9er fans , of course we are better were gonna just lye down in candlestick and lose ! your crazy . when we get back on top you fake 9er fans can get on someone elses ban wagon
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
smh, the saints are gonna embarrass us monday night

atleast if this happens theyre actually a good team and not a team we shouldve smashed...

the thing is no homerism i really think we can compete and pull off a win against them. its our lack of pass rush and garbage secondary that kills me, i believe we will come out prepared on offense believe it or not and it wont be a reason we lose

i totally agree bro, i dont have this game as a sure loss. we can win this one but we shouldnt be giving the best offense in the game more motivation to use against us
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Quote:
Do you remember Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott making stupid ass statements like this ? Were they not good leaders ?

LMAO. Those guys were actually good enough to not have to ever open their mouths. They never needed to.

Why even bring those guys up? There's no comparison.

Davis need to shut the eff up....

These idiots are just making our team into the biggest laughingstock out there. You have no idea how painfuil it is to see our team get dismissed as doormats by bandwagon Saint fans....a franchise that sucked for eternity until basically last year.
Originally posted by kray28:
Quote:

LMAO. Those guys were actually good enough to not have to ever open their mouths. They never needed to.

Why even bring those guys up? There's no comparison.

Davis need to shut the eff up....

These idiots are just making our team into the biggest laughingstock out there. You have no idea how painfuil it is to see our team get dismissed as doormats by bandwagon Saint fans....a franchise that sucked for eternity until basically last year.

Yeah this is kind of embarrassing. It'd be one thing if we beat the Seachickens but to get smashed by them and now we're going up against the Super Bowl champs? Dude STFU and let your play do the talking. Bill Walsh didn't give the media ammo to use against his team. Neither did Joe or Jerry or Steve. I'm glad Vernon has confidenced but ehh.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sanfran5rings:
alot of you duds are fake 9er fans , of course we are better were gonna just lye down in candlestick and lose ! your crazy . when we get back on top you fake 9er fans can get on someone elses ban wagon

Only one that should be on the ban wagon is you with that complete disaster of a post.

we can be fans of a team and say another team is better the saints are a better team than us record and personell wise

just cause we think the saints are better doesn not mean i will be rooting any less for the niners than i usually do
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

we can be fans of a team and say another team is better the saints are a better team than us record and personell wise

just cause we think the saints are better doesn not mean i will be rooting any less for the niners than i usually do

Exactly, I want us to win really badly but that doesn't mean I'm going to think giving a superbowl championship winning team bullet board material is a smart thing to do. Yeah if it's the cardinals and they're talking s**t first then go ahead respond back, but this is like trying to wake a sleeping giant. The Saints have been respectful and they are way more proven than us, plus they beat a good team week 1 while we got the s**t kicked out of us by a crappy team. What the heck happened to Sing's philosophy of "dont tell me, show me" anyway?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niners are going all-in this week, and I LIKE it. Saints are in for a rude awakening. I can feel it.

This team of ours is not very bright.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/09/18/te-vernon-davis-says-49ers-are-better-than-saints/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

WTF do you expect him to say? Dude is a competitor. Would you rather him say that we suck? If he doesn't think he can win every time he steps on the field then he shouldn't be out there. The guy backs up his talk on the field, and works harder that anyone on the team. This team needs a vocal leader, and Vernon is stepping up. Good for him. Hopefully he gets his boys fired up. Good for Vernon.
Share 49ersWebzone