There are 265 users in the forums

Revised season predictions knowing what you know now.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by LivFreeOrdIHrd9r:
Wow you are selling them out this early? Have some faith man. Its one game into the season and your already pouting. Let me tell you something, The 1994 49ers started the season terribly and at one point steve young was taken out and replaced in a 33-8 loss to the eagles. But that was the turning point!! Steve got fired up and wanted to mangle Seifer for what he did. Thats when the team truly started to look at young as their leader. The next game against the lions they turned things around jump started their season again. 33-8 was a worse score than 31-6 and they played a hell of lot worse to. It was not even on the road. So let me tell you something mr 1-15, HAVE SOME FAITH!!!!! It only takes one game to turn a season around.

LOL! Comparing a team that had a tradition of domination along with a HOF QB to one that has a culture of losing and BHOF (Bust Hall of Fame) QB Smith is really funny. That is the definition of an improper analogy. Have the 49er fans become so degraded that they are willing to compare this trainwreck to teams of old? The fans actually deserve some of the blame actually because we continue to support this abomination of a team despite losing year after year. Stop buying tickets! Make the Yorks sell! That was one of the big factors for Cohan selling last year (besides his tax troubles)-- he saw attendance declining, and weak season ticket sales. Prior to that, Warrior fans were co-dependents in the losing tradition. People like you who continue to have "faith" are the fools that the Yorks count on to keep afloat. I have been a fool before, but I refuse to put a cent into their coffers until they put out a winning product or go away. The fans have no other option to change things. If you REALLY cared about the team, you would be critical, not supportive. So many people are quick to say that you are not a "true" fan unless you support the team at all costs. BS! You guys are not helping the situation at all.

I am not predicting 1-15 because we do have some talent, but I think they will be 8-8 at best this year.
If York sells you can say goodbye to any Bay Area location for the 49ers. No one other than PERHAPS Larry Ellison would put up with the anti-business, anti-"rich people" mentality of the Bay Area. A ready-made market exists in SoCal for the first established team that wants to move there.
Originally posted by kray28:
We'll finish somewhere between 5-11 and 7-9.

5-11 if things get really bad and Singletary totally loses the team....a real danger if we're sitting at 0-4 in early October.

7-9 if the team can salvage a win in September (maybe win in KC?).

He could easily lose the team if we go 0 - 4. Even at 0 - 2.
Originally posted by dj43:
Wow you are selling them out this early? Have some faith man. Its one game into the season and your already pouting. Let me tell you something, The 1994 49ers started the season terribly and at one point steve young was taken out and replaced in a 33-8 loss to the eagles. But that was the turning point!! Steve got fired up and wanted to mangle Seifer for what he did. Thats when the team truly started to look at young as their leader. The next game against the lions they turned things around jump started their season again. 33-8 was a worse score than 31-6 and they played a hell of lot worse to. It was not even on the road. So let me tell you something mr 1-15, HAVE SOME FAITH!!!!! It only takes one game to turn a season around.

LOL! Comparing a team that had a tradition of domination along with a HOF QB to one that has a culture of losing and BHOF (Bust Hall of Fame) QB Smith is really funny. That is the definition of an improper analogy. Have the 49er fans become so degraded that they are willing to compare this trainwreck to teams of old? The fans actually deserve some of the blame actually because we continue to support this abomination of a team despite losing year after year. Stop buying tickets! Make the Yorks sell! That was one of the big factors for Cohan selling last year (besides his tax troubles)-- he saw attendance declining, and weak season ticket sales. Prior to that, Warrior fans were co-dependents in the losing tradition. People like you who continue to have "faith" are the fools that the Yorks count on to keep afloat. I have been a fool before, but I refuse to put a cent into their coffers until they put out a winning product or go away. The fans have no other option to change things. If you REALLY cared about the team, you would be critical, not supportive. So many people are quick to say that you are not a "true" fan unless you support the team at all costs. BS! You guys are not helping the situation at all.

I am not predicting 1-15 because we do have some talent, but I think they will be 8-8 at best this year.
If York sells you can say goodbye to any Bay Area location for the 49ers. No one other than PERHAPS Larry Ellison would put up with the anti-business, anti-"rich people" mentality of the Bay Area. A ready-made market exists in SoCal for the first established team that wants to move there.

I'll take my chances. I would rather have no team than one that loses every year and is a two bit circus.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
6-10. It may only be one game but we got blown out by the Seachickens, it's not like we went into Indy and lost by a FG. Everyone looked lost out there on the field and the coaching staff was lost. Then the finger pointing, a total meltdown.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 1swift:
So who's the one win then?

We should be able to beat the Rams twice.

Cards almost lost to bradford.
9-7
7-9 and missing the playoffs again, drafting a QB in the 1st round of the 2011 NFL draft, and back to rebuilding for the next 3 years.

You cant have inferior parts and expect elite performance. Its why you don't go to Kragen or Grand Auto to get major parts for you fine German engineered vehicle like a Benz or a BMW. Until the 49ers organization realize that putting Smith in at QB is not the way to reach elite status in the NFL, we're rooting for a team with inferior parts.

I know to some posters on here, saying this is sacrilege, but I don't feel the need to validate my fandom just because some of y'all folks disagree with my views. I feel strongly that lying to yourself in the name of "being a real fan" just makes you late for the party when Smith is ushered out to greener pastures, as we all know he will be.

He's not the answer and for getting behind him and preaching about how he is the answer all off season, Singletary more than likely isn't the answer either.

what a silly thing to say.
10-6/9-7. We still win a s**t division.

I said this before the season starts: I will be happy to be 4-4 going into the bye week. We have enough talent to win every game let's not fool ourselves there. It's just that execution obviously is crucial. From top to bottom. Our coaching staff got a kick in their asses, as did our team, and I'm very excited to see how we respond. After that whooping I can't see us laying a goose egg as badly as we did last game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by kray28:
We'll finish somewhere between 5-11 and 7-9.

5-11 if things get really bad and Singletary totally loses the team....a real danger if we're sitting at 0-4 in early October.

7-9 if the team can salvage a win in September (maybe win in KC?).

He could easily lose the team if we go 0 - 4. Even at 0 - 2.

he will motivate them back.

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
10-6/9-7. We still win a s**t division.

I said this before the season starts: I will be happy to be 4-4 going into the bye week. We have enough talent to win every game let's not fool ourselves there. It's just that execution obviously is crucial. From top to bottom. Our coaching staff got a kick in their asses, as did our team, and I'm very excited to see how we respond. After that whooping I can't see us laying a goose egg as badly as we did last game.

well said. agree 100%
HEY GUYS ANYONE ELSE REMINDED OF 40-8 THIS WAS THE SAME THING

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS
  • dj43
Originally posted by HessianDud:

What do you mean silly? That is the absolute mentality of the SF Board. They hung so many requirements on anything in the city that it made no sense at all. SF ranks second to New York in terms of attractiveness to businesses, and that includes the 49ers.

So Santa Clara looks like the best shot but where is that money going to come from? It is one thing for voters to say, "we want a team here" but that doesn't mean there is any money going to be available.

LA is much more likely to build a premium facility than SF...and I dislike LA with a passion.

But this is all irrelevant because I don't see John York's ego allowing him to sell the team. He has said on numerous occasions he wanted to keep it for Jed to run.
i still say 10-6 with losses to SEA, NO, ATL, SD, GB and PHI. but now i say maybe 11-5 because i think we will beat the Eagles. So 11-5
Originally posted by HessianDud:

What do you mean silly? That is the absolute mentality of the SF Board. They hung so many requirements on anything in the city that it made no sense at all. SF ranks second to New York in terms of attractiveness to businesses, and that includes the 49ers.

So Santa Clara looks like the best shot but where is that money going to come from? It is one thing for voters to say, "we want a team here" but that doesn't mean there is any money going to be available.

LA is much more likely to build a premium facility than SF...and I dislike LA with a passion.

But this is all irrelevant because I don't see John York's ego allowing him to sell the team. He has said on numerous occasions he wanted to keep it for Jed to run.

its silly because it comes even further out of left field than the thought of the Yorks selling. They aren't going to sell, and even if they did, I haven't read/seen/heard anything to indicate that anyone who bought a Bay Area team would move out of the Bay Area. The Warriors aren't moving.

The SF Board is dumb, and they mishandled the entire stadium issue. But there will be a new stadium in the Bay Area sooner than later--Santa Clara is in the Bay Area, after all--and you said that the team would move out of the Bay Area. Silly.

Anyway, there will probably be an NFL team in LA at some point soon, but the owner who moves his team there is going to regret it. The city wants an NFL team, but the public, last I heard, is decidedly lukewarm on the issue.
Share 49ersWebzone