There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Current 9rs haunted by 9rs past?

• 9r4lf
So stay with me here:

It almost feels like players, coaches etc on our current roster are unable to meet the expectations of the "9r" past mystique; not their play, but their mystique. Like the jobs are too BIG for them. I was comparing and here is what I came up with-

We have been trying to replace Eddie D.
We have been trying to replace Walsh.
We have been trying to replace Young.
We have been trying to replace Rice...
And so on…

Not bashing on anyone at all…what kind of coach could come in here and be the guy who wouldn’t be haunted by the 9rs past? Again, not that Sing isn’t doing a good job….but it is like the 9rs organization eats up and spits out people…make any sense? Sing lost his F'n mind in an interview yesterday; it reminds me on Nolan's beginning of his end...

Outside of Willis and VD, really, do we have players who want to be compared to the past…Is there a possibility that most of our current team and coaches just can’t stand up to the legends of our past mentally? Our team isn’t this bad. We have had teams the past couple years that aren’t that bad…but it just seems like they are going to s**t on themselves each Sunday, and we all know it, we hope it doesn’t happen, but it does…We are a ton better than Seattle!

I am frustrated of course, just thinking.

Maybe way off, just a thought.
no its just the ghost of Jimmy Raye
Originally posted by znk916:

Ditto!
you are making excuses for years of failure. We are not asking for SB wins right now. Just competence.
Originally posted by WildBill:

Ditto!

He sees s**t we dun't always seh.

• 9r4lf
Originally posted by Smokie:
you are making excuses for years of failure. We are not asking for SB wins right now. Just competence.

Certainly not making excuses. What I see on the field is incompetence and wonder if mentally, they are in over their heads. You do realize that most of anything we do is 80% mental or more. Look at Tiger Woods. He was the best, now less than average? Is his loss becuase he sucks? No. It is because is is mental from his current challenges. Is it an excuse? Nope...he is a mental case. So my question is, is the 9r mystique a mental challenge for these guys?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Ditto!

LOL!
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Ditto!

LOL!
he sees dead people
Originally posted by seeking6th:

Ditto!

LOL!
he sees dead people

Didn't you know? Raye is dead.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran

Ditto!

I have to say, this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on here!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Ditto!

LOL!
he sees dead people

[img=]]

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Ditto!

LOL!
he sees dead people

yoda is trully amazing
LOL I'm calling bs on this. The problem is they're in a culture of losing and they hire coaches who don't know how to coach. If we were "haunted" by our past that'd mean we were trying to stick with the WCO and build on things and win superbowls and the expectations were too much. IMO this team has gotten too far away from their past, the players from years ago don't come around often, the team doesn't use the offense that got them 5 SBs and the playoffs in 17/18 years, we don't have a great QB, we don't have a great offense, we've had instability as far as an offensive system goes which makes it hard for any of your offensive players to be great, we don't have a complete defense because we're still missing a great pass rusher or a shutdown corner(both of which we had in the 80s/90s when we won superbowls).

The 49ers have lost their identity. They were a team that was a great passing team and had good pass defenses. Now they're trying to be a team that runs the ball over and over and uses play action every now and then and field a great run defense lead by a middle linebacker. That sounds more like the 2000 Ravens or the 85 bears and we don't have the Ds that either of those teams did. Plus the 2000 ravens had a way better running game.
It is entirely possible. Pressure can be a hard thing for many to overcome.
Everything fell apart when Eddie D was no longer the owner.