There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Jay Glazer call Singletary " He is a motivational speaker, not a head coach"

Here in NYC, on WFAN 660 with Mike Francesa. Jay Glazer just said that Singletary is just a motivational speaker not a X's and O's coach. He also said the a nfl head coach has alot of things that come to their plate, but Singletary simply doesnt have the answers due to his lack of technical football knowledge, and the team is at a disadvantage every week. Wow.
Originally posted by nyc49erking:
Here in NYC, on WFAN 660 with Mike Francesa. Jay Glazer just said that Singletary is just a motivational speaker not a X's and O's coach. He also said the a nfl head coach has alot of things that come to their plate, but Singletary simply doesnt have the answers due to his lack of technical football knowledge, and the team is at a disadvantage every week. Wow.

That's very well obvious if you watch the games and it's what many of us have been saying on the WZ for a long time.

truth hurts !
YAY ANOTHER SINGLETARY THREAD
I don't think Mike Singletary is qualified to be a head coach, at least with s**tty assistants and coordinators like Jimmy Raye. If Singletary could be a figurehead and nothing more, then that would be fine.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
After Sings interview with O'Donnell, I tend to agree.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 17, 2010 at 13:04:26 ]
Wonder if any head coaches agree...that would be interesting, of course they'd never say so.
Originally posted by valrod33:
YAY ANOTHER SINGLETARY THREAD
That's just Singletary being Singletary. It's how he talks to the media. They will probably make another Coors Light commercial out of it or something...
Originally posted by dobo:
I don't think Mike Singletary is qualified to be a head coach, at least with s**tty assistants and coordinators like Jimmy Raye. If Singletary could be a figurehead and nothing more, then that would be fine.

But only a qualified front office/gm could build a strong staff around singletary. Niners don't have one of those. They don't even have a GM.
Originally posted by lamontb:

But only a qualified front office/gm could build a strong staff around singletary. Niners don't have one of those. They don't even have a GM.

A pretty fantastic organization. It took the Yorks how many years to come up with this organizational structure and these coaches?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I just can't imagine what's going to happen next week if we lay another egg.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

A pretty fantastic organization. It took the Yorks how many years to come up with this organizational structure and these coaches?

the ownership is proud of our track record, we are the only franchise with a long term plan and have the determination to stay the course.
Originally posted by jed_york:

the ownership is proud of our track record, we are the only franchise with a long term plan and have the determination to stay the course.

So we are staying the course on the original Nolan plan?...
Originally posted by jed_york:

Pretty sure the Colts have a long term plan (and are well into that plan). There are several others too. Having a long term plan is great, as long as it's a good long term plan.