LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

If a Change is Made

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If a Change is Made

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
What i don't understand is why the hesitation in firing BM and JR. They have done nothing different from last yr, which we all kind of gave them a pass on, but to come back this yr and pull the same Krap? that is inexcusable, and also is the definition of insanity.

so who takes over now then? manusky?
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Singletary should have brought in his own QB when he was hired- that's rule #1 to any NFL coach.

Shanahan- trades for McNabb
Spagnoulo- cuts Bulger drafts Bradford in year 2
Schwartz- drafts Stafford
Rex Ryan- drafts Sanchez

Singletary- decides to ride a previous coaching regime's bust

Damning evidence indeed....just..wow
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Singletary should have brought in his own QB when he was hired- that's rule #1 to any NFL coach.

Shanahan- trades for McNabb
Spagnoulo- cuts Bulger drafts Bradford in year 2
Schwartz- drafts Stafford
Rex Ryan- drafts Sanchez

Singletary- decides to ride a previous coaching regime's bust

Damning evidence indeed....just..wow

He is a day late with David Carr and Troy Smith.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
We should just trade for Randy Moss. Kill Jimmy Raye. Boot Singletary. Hire Holmgren. Move up and draft Luck or Locker. Let Vernon Davis b***hslap Michael Crabtree's p***y ass. But one can only dream right?

"move up" to draft a QB.. ughhh, well, if paly continues like this no moving up required, yet another high draft pick.
First thing i'd do is see if baalke has the power to fire BM and JR. If so, or if bigmike(BM) leaves out of sheer embarrassment, i would try and see if Tony Dungy would try and help us out rest of yr while we get baalke to huddle with prospective HCs/OCs. As for immediately, JR and BM have proven they can't think on their feet, and i would let the qB, whoever he is call the plays. That's one way to guarantee they get in on time, and they sure couldn't possibly be as witless as that poor excuse for game calling we saw today. Also, and i have posted this many times, jR and BM and alex should game plan on Mon, and script plays. BM and JR are slow thinkers, so have scripted plays(hell coach Walsh did it and he was quick on his feet, and bellichek does too). Additionally, there should be scripted plays for 3rd and 2 on the 5O, and 4th and goal at the 1 yd. line, etc.. There isn't...but there sure as heck should be. These are just simple things, but our simpler OC and HC just can't get their thots together in a timely fashion. Makes alex look stupid too, plus it puts extra pressure on him and no time to make adjustments.

Two TOs for clock issues in first half is grounds for firing, which is what i think should happen. The fact we blew a 4th and 1 foot on the goal line due to delay of game is shameful and NO decent coach should EVER be guilty of that. BM just needs to return to college ball, learn all positions, and then return when he has coached each and every position. There is NO easy route to HC. It is earned, and wasn't in this case. That needs to be corrected before another game goes by. It won't be...but it should.
  • dj43
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by John-ATL:
Originally posted by danimal:
the only change that will happen this season is that Alex will be benched. It won't help, but it will be Sing's last ditch effort to distance himself from Alex and save his job. That won't work either though.

I have noticed that Singletary lays blame on other a lot.

It's not all Smith's fault.

this was Sing's fault. Alex has real limitations. Anybody who does not recognize those limitations is an idiot. If Sing could not live with his limitations then he should have gotten him replaced a long time ago. Alex's limitations are he needs the game to be in hand...otherwise he implodes. This Defense and Alex Smith in control and Nedney would have given the Niners a 12 point halftime lead. Alex most likely would have protected that lead.

Sing f**ked that up.

I don't blame Alex at all, I accept what he can and cannot do.
I don't care who the QB is unless his first name is Peyton, when the QB doesn't has to wait for the play from the bench until 12 seconds remain on the play clock, the defense will always have the upper hand.

The most important change that MUST be made is to get the plays in quicker, and that is the one change that probably CANNOT be made because it does not appear that Jimmy Raye is capable of getting them in quicker. This is the second season of the same stuff. At some point you just have to realize he is a guy that is very limited.

Today Hasselback repeatedly had 8-10 seconds AT THE LOS to audible, and he did it well. He had more time to audible than Smith had to align the play from Raye.

You can bench Crabtree, Alex, whatever but the play-calling will still be too slow and too utterly lacking in imagination.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
First thing i'd do is see if baalke has the power to fire BM and JR. If so, or if bigmike(BM) leaves out of sheer embarrassment, i would try and see if Tony Dungy would try and help us out rest of yr while we get baalke to huddle with prospective HCs/OCs. As for immediately, JR and BM have proven they can't think on their feet, and i would let the qB, whoever he is call the plays. That's one way to guarantee they get in on time, and they sure couldn't possibly be as witless as that poor excuse for game calling we saw today. Also, and i have posted this many times, jR and BM and alex should game plan on Mon, and script plays. BM and JR are slow thinkers, so have scripted plays(hell coach Walsh did it and he was quick on his feet, and bellichek does too). Additionally, there should be scripted plays for 3rd and 2 on the 5O, and 4th and goal at the 1 yd. line, etc.. There isn't...but there sure as heck should be. These are just simple things, but our simpler OC and HC just can't get their thots together in a timely fashion. Makes alex look stupid too, plus it puts extra pressure on him and no time to make adjustments.

Two TOs for clock issues in first half is grounds for firing, which is what i think should happen. The fact we blew a 4th and 1 foot on the goal line due to delay of game is shameful and NO decent coach should EVER be guilty of that. BM just needs to return to college ball, learn all positions, and then return when he has coached each and every position. There is NO easy route to HC. It is earned, and wasn't in this case. That needs to be corrected before another game goes by. It won't be...but it should.

Most cases in the NFL, firing a head coach, and OC two games into the season is unheard of. In this case, these two are obviously unable to get their jobs done. Jed shucked out some bucks for players this season. We have too much talent now. A change probably wont happen this season, but if it happened now, and who would it be, wouldnt hurt this team in any way. In other words, we cant possibly coach any worse right now. Our coaches are holding back this talent. Diva should not have been out there. We needed Dixon to change the pace in the backfield. Wheres Nate Byham? Wheres the next play? Do we wanna win?
Alex Smith and Jimmy Raye need to go. They've needed to go, I've been saying it forever! f**king smith can't put the ball where it needs to be on little 5 yard passes, let alone long balls. Worst part about this is we have no other option at QB. We're stuck with this f**ker till next season. The Yorks better demand answers from Singletary on WTF happened? Why are the plays being called in late? Whos' fault is it? Does f**king jimmy raye take naps between play calling?? Get that old f**ker outta there. He sucks!

go on with your "it's only one game" excuses. We looked like s**t against a team we should of beat. It's gonna be f**king embarrassing this coming Monday. Before this season began, I though we'd definitely be making the playoffs. Now I'm not so sure. I also thought, we wouldn't see any embarrassing losses like the one against the falcon's last year. Obviously I was wrong again.

Dear Alex Smith, f**k YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We never should have gotten rid of Shaun Hill. That's the problem here. We coddled Smith and didn't want him to have any real competition.

Lets all be realistic here...Hill was not afforded the same opportunities on offense that Smith was last year. When Hill was in, our offense was conservative and crunched. People are going to try to say that had to do with the fact that Hill was limited...BS! Look at the offense he handled GREATLY under Martz. That offense requires a QB who can throw the ball down the field. Our coaching staff's 1980s philosophy was too goddamn stupid to realize that and they limited the offense to a run-run-punt in the first part of the 09 season. The results were that Hill looked over-matched and Smith was inserted into the lineup.

The fact is, he never got a fair shake as our starter in 09.

Fast forward to the trade...we only did this because Hill was a team leader and Smith needed him to get out of the way so the management could HAND OVER the QB job to him. WTF has he ever won a QB competition? It's mind boggling how inept we are at evaluating QBs.

If we had Shaun Hill right now, things would look a lot better. We'd have a legit QB on the bench (WHO SHOULD BE STARTING ANYWAY). Instead we have David Carr...another write-off who's probably not much better and Troy Smith...a guy who has no business being on an NFL roster.

Yes it's just one game...but really do any of you guys really think Smith is going to get better? It's year 6 for f**ks sake and all the excuses have run dry.
Alex is on a very short leash. If something looks like a fish and smells like a fish it's probably a fish. Alex has been inaccurate from day one. Same old, same old, either he shows something in the next two or three games or bye-bye. And for all the talk about not drafting Rodgers, if the 49ers had drafted him he'd be out of the league with injuries within his first three years.

Originally posted by Leathaface:
We never should have gotten rid of Shaun Hill. That's the problem here. We coddled Smith and didn't want him to have any real competition.

Lets all be realistic here...Hill was not afforded the same opportunities on offense that Smith was last year. When Hill was in, our offense was conservative and crunched. People are going to try to say that had to do with the fact that Hill was limited...BS! Look at the offense he handled GREATLY under Martz. That offense requires a QB who can throw the ball down the field. Our coaching staff's 1980s philosophy was too goddamn stupid to realize that and they limited the offense to a run-run-punt in the first part of the 09 season. The results were that Hill looked over-matched and Smith was inserted into the lineup.

The fact is, he never got a fair shake as our starter in 09.

Fast forward to the trade...we only did this because Hill was a team leader and Smith needed him to get out of the way so the management could HAND OVER the QB job to him. WTF has he ever won a QB competition? It's mind boggling how inept we are at evaluating QBs.

If we had Shaun Hill right now, things would look a lot better. We'd have a legit QB on the bench (WHO SHOULD BE STARTING ANYWAY). Instead we have David Carr...another write-off who's probably not much better and Troy Smith...a guy who has no business being on an NFL roster.

Yes it's just one game...but really do any of you guys really think Smith is going to get better? It's year 6 for f**ks sake and all the excuses have run dry.

Sing got Shaun Hill out of the way for Alex's confidence. Everything has been set up for Alex to succeed. Sing has his job riding on Alex's back this year! It could be crash and burn time, we'll see.
Share 49ersWebzone