There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eric Davis: Problem is with play management

WE NEED A NEW QB AND A NEW OC, JIMMY RAYE OLD BILL COSBY LOOKIN BUTT IS PAST HIS PRIME, AND MIKE SING WAY OF COACHING JUST DOES NOT WORK, YELLING AND BEING HARD NOSE IS OK, BUT WITHOUT SOME INTRICATE KNOWLEDGE FORGET IT WE GO 8-8 OR WORSE
I think the biggest problem I have with this is:

It was an issue in preseason, evident in the 2nd game

it should have been fixed my now. No reason for this s**t to continue happening.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith is the problem, not the headsets, not the play calling.

It pisses me the f**k off that so many people cannot realize this!!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

so what if he is, singletary picked him, singletary picked raye

they're all losers
Originally posted by Afrikan:

as much as some here like to get on Raye and the players....he did call plays that could've been potential TDs and the players did their job and got open.

that Morgan Pass that was too high could've been placed elsewhere...

that Norris pass could've been elsewhere....I know that some here don't like us going to Norris...but the play worked, he was open for a TD.

that Ginn pass could've been elsewhere.... Ginn burnt his man... Raye drew up a play that worked and was a potential TD...but Alex missed his pass once again.

The pass to Norris. I doubt he and Smith worked on that during training camp, maybe once if at all. We have other more capable options for that play. It was the wrong call by the OC. One of many...
Originally posted by eastie:

as much as some here like to get on Raye and the players....he did call plays that could've been potential TDs and the players did their job and got open.

that Norris pass could've been elsewhere....I know that some here don't like us going to Norris...but the play worked, he was open for a TD.

that Ginn pass could've been elsewhere.... Ginn burnt his man... Raye drew up a play that worked and was a potential TD...but Alex missed his pass once again.

The pass to Norris. I doubt he and Smith worked on that during training camp, maybe once if at all. We have other more capable options for that play. It was the wrong call by the OC. One of many...

and looking back at the norris throw it wasnt horrible if norris ran foward instead of stopping and back peadling for it he wouldve been hit in a stride
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Hey Alex! It's the webzones job to make excuses for you. No need to take the initiative.

Originally posted by skibeerski:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
No link yet but Tim K posted this on Twitter:

@timkawakami Wow. Alex Smith being very clear there was only 1 instance of a tech problem with headphones. Other times: "We had trouble getting it in."

And the more interesting one:

@timkawakami Alex Smith just completely backed up my guess/thoughts. 49ers' slow playcalls came only on key offensive moments. There's a problem here."

Any theories for that last one?

Yeah, my theory is that you're looking for any chance to make an excuse for Alex... Am I wrong?

tim k and kevin lynch hate alex and they are both saying crabtree was at fault for a lot of the game im sorry i gotta believe crabtree was at fault a lot for this game however i am not saying smith played great nor am i making excuses for him he played bad but the fact of the matter is he had no help at all today

tim k hates both of the bay area teams.

How about we blame both Alex and Crabtree. Both sucked it up. Add Jimmy Ray in there also.

You're free to blame whoever you wish. I don't much care for the overthrown TD passes, interceptions, inaccurate passes, and intentional grounding; but, I'm sure Crabs and J-Raye deserve theirs...
this is gonna be the longest week everrrrrrrrr

and looking back at the norris throw it wasnt horrible if norris ran foward instead of stopping and back peadling for it he wouldve been hit in a stride

LOL, some people will stop at nothing to defend the bum.

He f**ked up on that play and many others today. Deal with it.
i blame the two picks on crabtree. alex smith played well the first.

the second half? smith played like absolute dogs**t
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

It may be a combination of playcalling coming in late and Alex not realizing the time.

Did you guys notice before the 2 minute warning in the 2nd half that Alex had no awareness of the timeclock?
That sucks & needs to get fixed

I agree! It looked like he turned around too soon. It looked like alex thought he was supposed to keep running. He still should have come down with that ball IMO.
Originally posted by keeferr75:
this is gonna be the longest week everrrrrrrrr

yes it is