There are 325 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Crabtree

Crabtree needs to man up and open up a bit to the media.

s**t hit the fan about him not playing in the pre-season because of his "neck sprain". Just man up and say, "I need to get it done and put in the extra time."

It's not very hard...or better yet just go out and do it.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
bust


No I think it is pretty safe to say at this point he's been more trouble than he's been worth. Cost us 2 picks today and sat out all of TC because he doesn't give a f**k about anything and doesn't even want to be here, last year holds out for 5 games. This guy seems like a real diva, I mean who knows it's entirely possible that he just played hard last year to showcase himself to other teams and he's mailing it in now because he didn't want to be here in the first place.

C'mmon Willis, how can you blame Crabs for two picks?

Because one hit him right in the f**king hands and deflected off his hands resulting in an int, and the other one the OC said HE RAN THE WRONG ROUTE. What is not clear about that. My cousin who doesn't even like the 9ers but plays football said it wasn't Smiths fault because I was pissed after the INT, and on the replay he's like "dude it hit him in the hands that's not the QBs fault, just watch" and on the replay you see it bounce off his f**king hands. You get the ball right between the numbers you catch it.

Hoe do you know all the right routes??

For f**ks sake dude if the QB and the OC both say he ran the wrong route then he probably ran the wrong route:

Quote:

On the first interception, Crabtree appeared to take his eye off the ball as it arrived. Safety Jordan Babineaux intercepted the pass on the ricochet and returned it to the 13-yard line. One play later, the Seahawks scored a touchdown to take a 14-6 lead at halftime.

Less than a minute into the second half, Smith threw high to Crabtree, who had no chance to make the catch. Smith and offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye intimated Crabtree did not run the proper route. Cornerback Marcus Trufant made the interception and returned it 32 yards for a back-breaking touchdown.

"The first one, I don't know if that's so much chemistry -- just him being quick to turn and make a play," Smith said. "The second one, I'd say a little more of that. I'm thinking one thing, and he obviously wasn't thinking the same thing, resulting in a pick-six. It changed the game."

What made it especially frustrating for Raye is that play is a staple of the 49ers' offense. There was nothing complex about it. There should have been no confusion over the execution of the play, Raye said.


"We've probably run it 50,000 times, and it goes back for a touchdown the other way," Raye said. "You don't anticipate that."



Read more: Maiocco: Singletary Calls Out Smith, Crabtree, O-Line
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/12/10/Maiocco-Singletary-Calls-Out-Smith-Crabt/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=309406&feedID=5878
The honest truth. Scot McClown's big moment, when he "stole" CRaps at #10...we shoulda drafted an OL, because the 3 first round OLs we have aren't enough. BAas never moved his man, nor did Rachal, nor snyder, nor wragge. That's a quadrafecta folks, and just as we had no business drafting a qB #1 in the draft before we had an OL( a real one), we should have had an OL. Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi..."Lines first, lines first" We see the wisdom of that now. Plus, Craps didn't show up last yr as the team's best citizen, sitting out half the games. Clown's "steal" of the draft? Yup, he stole a perfectly good player from us that we should have had instead of craps.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
bust


No I think it is pretty safe to say at this point he's been more trouble than he's been worth. Cost us 2 picks today and sat out all of TC because he doesn't give a f**k about anything and doesn't even want to be here, last year holds out for 5 games. This guy seems like a real diva, I mean who knows it's entirely possible that he just played hard last year to showcase himself to other teams and he's mailing it in now because he didn't want to be here in the first place.

C'mmon Willis, how can you blame Crabs for two picks?

Because one hit him right in the f**king hands and deflected off his hands resulting in an int, and the other one the OC said HE RAN THE WRONG ROUTE. What is not clear about that. My cousin who doesn't even like the 9ers but plays football said it wasn't Smiths fault because I was pissed after the INT, and on the replay he's like "dude it hit him in the hands that's not the QBs fault, just watch" and on the replay you see it bounce off his f**king hands. You get the ball right between the numbers you catch it.

Hoe do you know all the right routes??

For f**ks sake dude if the QB and the OC both say he ran the wrong route then he probably ran the wrong route:

Quote:

On the first interception, Crabtree appeared to take his eye off the ball as it arrived. Safety Jordan Babineaux intercepted the pass on the ricochet and returned it to the 13-yard line. One play later, the Seahawks scored a touchdown to take a 14-6 lead at halftime.

Less than a minute into the second half, Smith threw high to Crabtree, who had no chance to make the catch. Smith and offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye intimated Crabtree did not run the proper route. Cornerback Marcus Trufant made the interception and returned it 32 yards for a back-breaking touchdown.

"The first one, I don't know if that's so much chemistry -- just him being quick to turn and make a play," Smith said. "The second one, I'd say a little more of that. I'm thinking one thing, and he obviously wasn't thinking the same thing, resulting in a pick-six. It changed the game."

What made it especially frustrating for Raye is that play is a staple of the 49ers' offense. There was nothing complex about it. There should have been no confusion over the execution of the play, Raye said.


"We've probably run it 50,000 times, and it goes back for a touchdown the other way," Raye said. "You don't anticipate that."



Read more: Maiocco: Singletary Calls Out Smith, Crabtree, O-Line
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/12/10/Maiocco-Singletary-Calls-Out-Smith-Crabt/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=309406&feedID=5878

"probably" thats the key word
I really dislike this guy's attitude, he never mans up and takes the blame. Dropped a ton of passes last year, and now today's brutal game.
you guys are nuts, crabtree sucked, yes, but it's the first bad game of his career...we gave vernon 4 years, alex gets all the time he needs, ad you guys want to cut him?
Originally posted by cestmoi:
you guys are nuts, crabtree sucked, yes, but it's the first bad game of his career...we gave vernon 4 years, alex gets all the time he needs, ad you guys want to cut him?

It's because those guys appeared to work hard and did things like gut out injuries or try to play through them. Sure, Smith might suck, but he atleast tries really hard. And Davis has always worked hard, he just wasn't polished. Crabs has all the talent in the world and doesn't seem like he wants it that bad or even cares if he's here or not.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
you guys are nuts, crabtree sucked, yes, but it's the first bad game of his career...we gave vernon 4 years, alex gets all the time he needs, ad you guys want to cut him?

exactly people here don't make sense. The problem has been the Qb and if no one can see that then they are the problem. Another problem that has no been talked about is our O-line. Frank Gore was non-existent and were supposed to be better and it didn't show. I have to say the o-line play was by far the most disappointing factor in the game cause we got dominated up front and yet it's not getting talked about. We drafted to OL and we still can't block or get the push.
cestmoi, coaching error. Frank ,craps, vd, alex were all held out to keep from getting injured in preseason. What about learning how to play with their team mates. Screw the injury stuff. If it happens , it happens. But not having your team ready to play a game, and inability to get plays in on time, which caused us to lose a shot at a TD from the half foot line when delay of game was called? That is inexcusable, and is reason to fire BM (bigmike), and send him back to learn how to coach football...and take JR with him.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,739
Originally posted by cestmoi:
you guys are nuts, crabtree sucked, yes, but it's the first bad game of his career...we gave vernon 4 years, alex gets all the time he needs, ad you guys want to cut him?

there shouldn't be any remote Crabs to vernon comparison . Vernon earned his money, Crab's without ever catching a pass in the NFL, felt entitled and held out. Vernon's work ethic has never been in question either, unlike Crabs who supposedly had no interest in playing in the preseason or supposedly practicing much.
Both picks were Tree's fault...awesome...I don't know why Smith doesn't just lay into that guy on the sideline...that would pump up the team more than anything.
is it me or is everyone getting a little to excited about this game? we a had a bad game in a really tough place to play in, and now all of us are acting like we don't have 15 more games to play. yes, crabs looked bad, hell almost everyone looked bad, kinda like the Atlanta game last year, remember. this game was an epic fail, now lets see if they can pull it together and give it everything they have against a great Saints team. we need to be great fans and support this team, especially after a loss like this...

[ Edited by IstruckG0LDS0N on Sep 12, 2010 at 22:11:04 ]
  • Apone
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,739
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
is it me or is everyone getting a little to excited about this game? we a had a bad game in a really tough place to play in, and now all of us are acting that we don't have 15 more games to play. yes, crabs looked bad, hell almost everyone looked bad, kinda like the Atlanta game last remember. this game was an epic fail, now lets see if they can pull it together and give it everything they have against a great Saints team. we need to be great fans and support this team, especially after a loss like this...

I see where your coming at, but Atlanta was expected to be a tough game. Not the Seahawks. They had just traded, arguably there best receiver. There first round pick was out, and they were playing with a patched up offensive line. They have no RB's. With all the expectations we had coming into this season, IMO it's one of the worst loses in the past 8 years.
I don't like crabtree. He didn't show up to family day when he was a rookie, f**k him
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't like crabtree. He didn't show up to family day when he was a rookie, f**k him