LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Clements Demoted?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I didn't know nate is now our number 2 CB...... He plays the right side which normally lines up on the teams second receiver, then in the slot on 3 wr sets...... This actually maybe a good idea thought! Nate should do well in this roll, but i guess this is the niner's feeling spencer is a number one CB
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's still starting, he just plays the slot on passing downs.
Good, maybe he won't get burnt as bad
I would put Clements on Williams, he's not a burner so Nate should be ok and he's better with the physical guys like Williams.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Good, maybe he won't get burnt as bad

It's a new season. Clements is still a good CB, but not elite. He is trying to either keep his spot on the Niners or impress someone else for next season. He is definitely not as fast as he once was, so putting him in the slot with T. Brown and Spencer on the outside is a smart move. With the Niners pass rush hopefully improving once Brooks gets healthy and with LaBoy in the mix, our entire secondary should do better than last year.
just hope he proves it no the field now!
Originally posted by jreff22:
I would put Clements on Williams, he's not a burner so Nate should be ok and he's better with the physical guys like Williams.

this
I thought slot Recievers are the quick shifty ones....I.E Ginn
It's because Shawntae Spencer is one of the most underrated shutdown corners in the NFL.

*See Andre Johnson's stats last year when he faced Spencer.

Originally posted by STNiner:

Ginn isn't shifty. Ginn's skill sets fits that of a flanker (the receiver that stretches the field because of his speed). When think of slot receivers, think Wes Welker or Steve Smith.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by STNiner:

Ginn isn't shifty. Ginn's skill sets fits that of a flanker (the receiver that stretches the field because of his speed). When think of slot receivers, think Wes Welker or Steve Smith.

or Kyle Williams
Wasn't Clements one of the best CB's in the league before he came here?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I think he could be a deadly blitzer out of the slot and help more in run support than any other corner we have.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Wasn't Clements one of the best CB's in the league before he came here?

No, he was a good CB. He had made the pro bowl one time. His huge contract fooled a lot of us into thinking he was better than he was.
Share 49ersWebzone