There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WOW Steve Young #81 on 100 All Time best Players

• Axl49
  • Veteran
This is absurd he has the highest qb rating ever for a qb and is top 10 qb's ever and he is 81 who the hell is putting this list together and the fans that voted for him this low are stupid. He is 60-50 best players ever not 81 give me a break. I hope Jerry Rice gets greatest ever or JOE but I know dumb ass Jim Brown will get this spot.
Originally posted by Axl49:
This is absurd he has the highest qb rating ever for a qb and is top 10 qb's ever and he is 81 who the hell is putting this list together and the fans that voted for him this low are stupid. He is 60-50 best players ever not 81 give me a break. I hope Jerry Rice gets greatest ever or JOE but I know dumb ass Jim Brown will get this spot.

with our luck it will be
1. J. Brown
2. J. Rice
3. J. Montana
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:

with our luck it will be
1. J. Brown
2. J. Rice
3. J. Montana
I think you hit it right on the head. I told my bud the exact same thing event though Rice and Montana should 1 and 2 in any order( for me its Rice then Joe) 3 I would go Manning.
It's really f**king pathetic (and I'm not even being a homer), Steve Young was (of the 90's) what Peyton Manning was of the 00's. (Back-to-back Pro Bowls, MVP awards, All-decade passing yards).

And to know Aikman is going to get rated ahead of Young simply based on "rings" is f**king disgusting. Troy Aikman was one of the (statistically) worst Superbowl-era dynasty QBs in all of NFL history.

Seriously, don't be f**king surprised if they rate Jim Brown ahead of Jerry Rice (aka that Browns RB who succeeded in a s**tty era of football cause his defensive competition was made up of 162 lb white boys named Billy "Buzz Rocket" Thompson, and Vern "Jumping Jack" Mahoney.).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 8, 2010 at 12:52 AM ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's really f**king pathetic (and I'm not even being a homer), Steve Young was (of the 90's) what Peyton Manning was of the 00's. (Back-to-back Pro Bowls, MVP awards, All-decade passing yards).

And to know Aikman is going to get rated ahead of Young simply based on "rings" is f**king disgusting. Troy Aikman was one of the (statistically) worst Superbowl-era dynasty QBs in all of NFL history.

Seriously, don't be f**king surprised if they rate Jim Brown ahead of Jerry Rice (aka that Browns RB who succeeded in a s**tty era of football cause his defensive competition was made up of 162 lb white boys named Billy "Buzz" Thompson, and Vern "Jumping Jack" Mahoney.).

True on Aikmem is just retarded YOUNG was the Most COMPLETE qb in the history of the league. Jim brown did play against white dudes named Butch lol. Rice and Montana are in a league of their own. Steve Young never gets any respect i swear.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
The biggest travesty is that Bradshaw is gonna be ahead of Young I HATE the NFL and their East coast bias along with ESPN west coast gets no love from anybody.

If anyone would just go back and watch a simple highlight reel of Young in the 90s, he or she would be floored. The guy was flat out amazing at times, making play after play out of nothing. To me, Young was as gifted a QB as Gale Sayers was a RB. He had skills that I believe have not been seen since he retired. One of the most accurate passers in NFL history, Young was a pretty decent runner too, and a great leader.

I personally believe Steve Young is among the top 20 players of all time in the NFL and perhaps even top 10....and I find it difficult to name a better QB not named Montana. Can any of you?.... Favre has great numbers as does Manning but I would take Young over both of them because he could beat a team in so many ways.

Brady? That would be a good debate...
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Seriously, don't be f**king surprised if they rate Jim Brown ahead of Jerry Rice (aka that Browns RB who succeeded in a s**tty era of football cause his defensive competition was made up of 162 lb white boys named Billy "Buzz" Thompson, and Vern "Jumping Jack" Mahoney.).

True on Aikmem is just retarded YOUNG was the Most COMPLETE qb in the history of the league. Jim brown did play against white dudes named Butch lol. Rice and Montana are in a league of their own. Steve Young never gets any respect i swear.

Seriously, people just don't get it, but I hope to f**k Rice and Montana are #1/#2.

Every week in the late 80's you'd see some lame ass attempt at the NFL trying to promote some stupid NFC/AFC East team as the "team" to bury the 49ers, and Joe & Co. would just f**king humiliate them on national television in a surreal fashion!
This is now upchuck central.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
I say we all mass email the NFL on how stupid they are lol. On the real though steve young is one of the top 30 players of all time I would be content at 60-50 as LOTS of players are great in their own mind as well(Deacon Jones, Chris Carter, Manning, Favre, LT, LT 2, Barry Sanders etc) but give the man his due and respect. He earned it after playing behind the GOAT himself and taking heat from everyone including his own fans.
These kinds of list are always crap. Always biased toward the more recent players because those are the ones people know and have seen.

The NFL started in 1920, so there must be 10's of thousands of guys who have played in the league. To be considered one of the top 100 out of at least 20-30,000 players is pretty amazing.

I'm happy he made the list.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for Axl49.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
These kinds of list are always crap. Always biased toward the more recent players because those are the ones people know and have seen.

The NFL started in 1920, so there must be 10's of thousands of guys who have played in the league. To be considered one of the top 100 out of at least 20-30,000 players is pretty amazing.

Michael Irvin is NOT better than Young neither is Elway or Marino which im sure will be on here. We are just saying give the man the respect he deserves 81 is way too low and there are lots of old school players on the list as of right now.
[ Edited by Axl49 on Sep 8, 2010 at 1:21 AM ]

Michael Irvin is NOT better than Young neither is Elway or Marino which im sure will be on here. We are just saying give the man the respect he deserves 81 is way too low and there are lots of old school players on the list as of right now.

elway>young

with our luck it will be
1. J. Brown
2. J. Rice
3. J. Montana

LOL

elway>young

take...that...BACK