LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

I think we cut the wrong QB !

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
WOW... so the great and powerful Nate Davis is back on the practice squad. AFTER the entire league had a shot at him... AGAIN. I guess we were extremely lucky (AGAIN) that no other team saw what they were missing.

Nate Davis: Future All Pro Super Bowl Winning Starting Quarterback for your San Francisco 49ers! The hardest working man on the waiver wire!

Ugh.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/nate-davis-clea.html

Actually I was quite surpised that he made it. But after reading a poster suggest that the rest of our team's QBs would have likely made it too, my focus was clarified on the state of 49ers QB position. But when it is all said and done, we will see exactly what Nate is about. This is going to be an interesting season.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
why hasnt any other team seen "potential" in Davis?

he just hit the waivers at 1PM today. Hold off on your commentary until 1PM tomorrow....

I repeat

lol.

-9fA
Originally posted by VA49er:
If Nate is on the practice squad by weeks end then there is the consensus. If someone snatches him up the Nate Davis fans will have to wait with baited breath for him to get his shot with said team and prove Sing wrong.
That was close. I'm mean real close. Whew. Now we can all sleep at night.
If Nate is on the practice squad by weeks end then there is the consensus. If someone snatches him up the Nate Davis fans will have to wait with baited breath for him to get his shot with said team and prove Sing wrong.

I can't hope for injury for Alex Smith. The QB situation in SF is terrifying. Hopefully the rest of the team can carry the lame duck that plays under center.
Originally posted by fister30:
I can't hope for injury for Alex Smith. The QB situation in SF is terrifying. Hopefully the rest of the team can carry the lame duck that plays under center.

So if we're successful with Smith under Center, then it's in spite of Smith? Is that what you're saying?

If this is the case, just go root for another team.

You'll never be happy so long as Smith is the Starter. And that's truly sad.

~Ceadder
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

So if we're successful with Smith under Center, then it's in spite of Smith? Is that what you're saying?

~Ceadder

these are the same type of fans that would have rooted for Montana to beat the 49ers when he was a Chief. Just like back in the day, these guys have already made up there mind... no matter what Alex does, it will never be enough to satisfy these dumbasses
Originally posted by modninerfan:

~Ceadder

these are the same type of fans that would have rooted for Montana to beat the 49ers when he was a Chief. Just like back in the day, these guys have already made up there mind... no matter what Alex does, it will never be enough to satisfy these dumbasses

[ Edited by WestCoast on Sep 9, 2010 at 05:09:53 ]

terrifying? LMFAO what team are you watching!???
Well this looks like another Thomas Clayton/Marcus Maxwell story.
Clayton was suposed to be the next Emmit Smith/Walter Payton/Barry Sanders, and Maxwell was predesined to become the next Jerry Rice.

I honestly belive that Nate has more upside an more of a shot becoming a legitimate player in the NFL than the two mentioned earlyer.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

~Ceadder

these are the same type of fans that would have rooted for Montana to beat the 49ers when he was a Chief. Just like back in the day, these guys have already made up there mind... no matter what Alex does, it will never be enough to satisfy this type of Fan.

Let's be fair now, I rooted for Montana to beat us. Only because I wanted him to show us that he was still a damn good QB and to shut the haters (that said he sucks) down. Look at what Montana did with a team of nobodies. It was Montana, Marcus Allen and a bunch of nobodies Offensively. But I never rooted against Steve either. In that game I rooted for both QBs'.

Fixed. No need to get personal. You can dislike haters that's fine but no need to get warned over a personal attack on the haters

~Ceadder
just lock this thread, all its going to do is get people banned for talking s**t
Originally posted by 4949:
Originally posted by 4949:

LOL... looks like someone else doesn't know what a franchise QB is. Terrell Owens made Jeff Garcia what he was, and that was a slightly above average player at his position. You don't think that, with the weapons we currently have on offense, Smith could lead this team to the playoffs?

If Terrell Owens made Jeff Garcia why is it that TO put up his best numbers with Garcia as his QB and not McNabb or Romo?

Best numbers? His highest average per reception was 16.7 with Dallas in 2007. His highest yards per game was 109 with the Eagles in 2005. Terrell Owens was pretty consistent no matter who his QB was:

http://www.nfl.com/players/terrellowens/careerstats?id=OWE755129

I really hope you are kidding, You judge WRs by highest yards per game when they only reached 763 yards that season and think thats better then a year when they broke 1400 yards?

You mention he had higher yards per game one season with the eagles and higher yards per catch one year with the Cowboys but if you want to use stats that the rest of the world use to judge a WR check RECEPTIONS, YARDS, and TOUCHDOWNS. His highest in the areas that count was with the niners.

Yeah, my point was that Owens was consistent no matter who was throwing the ball. I just hope you're not trying to say that Jeff Garcia was better than McNabb or Romo.

I have to agree that TO made every QB look good, even Rattay.

Lots of TOs TD's while on the Niners were all YAC, TO breaking tackles and running circles around defenders
Share 49ersWebzone