LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Some Alex Smith love from....Peter King?!?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Originally posted by sacniner:
The webzone mancrush on Peter King continues...

I don't see any indication of a mancrush on Peter King anywhere in this thread.
Did you read through the comments?

people hate him around here.
Isnt he the guy that said Jerry Rice isnt the greatest receiver of all time?

yea he thinks don hutson is
peter king can eat a d**k
He reminds of Dr.Z for those who've been around awhile.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Originally posted by sacniner:
The webzone mancrush on Peter King continues...

I don't see any indication of a mancrush on Peter King anywhere in this thread.
Did you read through the comments?

people hate him around here.
Isnt he the guy that said Jerry Rice isnt the greatest receiver of all time?

yea he thinks don hutson is

In that case..
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
peter king can eat a d**k

WOW! Peter King says Smith passed "with flying colors"?? I'm not a fan of either, but it is interesting that this guy finally has something positive to say about the 49ers.

Quote:
I took a couple of things out of Saints 25, 49ers 22 Monday night. One: San Francisco has to be the sloppiest, ugliest team in the league through two weeks, and that takes in a lot of ground (Cleveland, Carolina, Buffalo). A constant stream of mistakes -- some forced by the Super Bowl champs, some completely of the 49ers own doing (by stars and scrubs alike) -- tells me the Niners might be the best team in an awful division, but they won't give anyone trouble in the playoffs unless they clean up their act. Like, yesterday.

Two: I was very impressed with the poise, presence and accuracy (71.8 percent against Gregg Williams' weird Saints' fake-blitzing front) of Alex Smith. Did he do enough to win the game? No. But he stood toe-to-toe with Drew Brees on a very windy night and was done in by the incompetence of his teammates.

Several 49er fans have written me over the years, saying they've had enough of Smith and it's time to move on. Last night, he executed embattled offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye's plan very well. Down by eight in the last two minutes, Smith drove the Niners 82 yards in eight plays in 53 seconds -- completing four of five throws for 63 yards on the drive -- to the tying touchdown.

There's lot to be depressed about if you're a 49ers fan. You don't know if Mike Singletary is just a great talker and not a great coach. You don't know if your corners will hold up. You don't know if your offensive weapons will get along and play nice. But your quarterback? One night doesn't answer all the questions. But Smith played one of the most complicated defenses in football and wasn't fooled.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/21/Week2/index.html##ixzz10N1yQQ97
he's still delusional, Alex Leaf still sucks

best performance ever is a loss? LOL
Originally posted by oreck16:

True, but I will give him credit for playing a good game. Not great, but good.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

What QB did you guys see?

Anyway, this is expected until he wins a game outright (not up to the D) and wins a playoff.

He played great, not good. Some of those throws were on the money especially to Vernon Davis and his last drive speaks volumes whether you like him or not.

Sure a loss is still a loss, but I surely liked what I saw from Alex.

agreed.

I'll give credit when credit's due, but f*ck moral victories/silver lining bs
Originally posted by ninertico:

Anyway, this is expected until he wins a game outright (not up to the D) and wins a playoff.

He played great, not good. Some of those throws were on the money especially to Vernon Davis and his last drive speaks volumes whether you like him or not.

To me the best throw of Alex's ENTIRE CAREER is the one to Josh Morgan on the sidelines during that final drive.

That was a B-E-A-U-T-Y!

Originally posted by ninertico:

You have your opinion, I have mine. Here is a link that might help you compare Alex to the other starting NFL QBs:

NFL - Weekly Leaders - FOX Sports

-Sort by completion percentage: Alex is 7th overall. (oh and look at who's right above him BTW)
-Sort by Total Yards: Alex is 9th overall. (also look at who's above him)
-Total TDs: Alex is 18th
-Total INTs: Alex is 9th (or 23 from the bottom is how I see it)
-QB Rating: Alex ranked 16th!

These are all of the real, factual stats by which professional NFL QBs are measured. Not by pro-Smith fans nor by anti-Smith fans. So you tell me.... Which stat, compared to all others in the NFL, categorizes his performance as "Great"??? Measure his performance against others in the game, not against himself.

Common man! It's always the same s**t with some of you guys and its getting pretty damn trying. I bumped this post to give props to the kid for being recognized for once and you turn it into an anti/pro Smith thread.
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Sep 23, 2010 at 10:03 AM ]

You've been here two weeks and call him "Alex Leaf"?

We've missed you, Billy.
He usually hates Alex and the 49ers. That's unusual.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Roxy:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Aside from the fact that I don't like Peter King, just reading his first one was him predicting the Steelers in the super bowl makes him lose any credibility at all.

Really? No cred for picking the steelers? Who then? Colts? Bengals? Jets? Is any team in the AFC THAT much better than Pittsburgh?

Indianapolis is. New England probably will be. The Jets too.

And Baltimore.

The Ravens will have to fix their offensive woes though. Joe Flacco is really in a funk right now, and the lack of a running game makes it worse.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Alex just needs some consistency, to go from looking like trash week 1, to awesome week 2 is crazy. I wanna see week 2 Alex from here on out
Share 49ersWebzone