LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Some Alex Smith love from....Peter King?!?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Some of you guys want praise from Peter King like a kid does from a father who always criticizes him.

Originally posted by Roxy:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Aside from the fact that I don't like Peter King, just reading his first one was him predicting the Steelers in the super bowl makes him lose any credibility at all.

Really? No cred for picking the steelers? Who then? Colts? Bengals? Jets? Is any team in the AFC THAT much better than Pittsburgh?

Indianapolis is. New England probably will be. The Jets too.
Aside from the fact that I don't like Peter King, just reading his first one was him predicting the Steelers in the super bowl makes him lose any credibility at all.

Picking the Bears to win the Superbowl last year and for the Saints to go under .500 doesen't help either. He picked the Steelers to go to the Superbowl this year because he knew it would give him PR and stir things up a bit.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Really? No cred for picking the steelers? Who then? Colts? Bengals? Jets? Is any team in the AFC THAT much better than Pittsburgh?

And Baltimore.

And Baltimore.

clearly the steelers have no shot of winning it all, that's pretty much every team in the league that is better than them

And Baltimore.

And San Diego.
  • Roxy
  • Veteran

Honestly I don't really care about the AFC but all those teams have a lot of ? marks - Jets could easily falter, NE has lost a lot on D, colts are small and injury prone...Steelers could make a run - not like I EVEN CARE go niners!
[ Edited by Roxy on Sep 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by scopur49er:
From his Monday Morning QB - Tuesday edition.....

9. I think Alex Smith starts 16 games, saves his job, and earns a new contract in San Francisco.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/07/mail/index.html?eref=nflg#ixzz0yrmWkQSM

I mean...it's not high praise but it is something positive and it's coming from Peter King who, historically, hasn't give us much love.
The only way I see this scenario panning out is if we actualy make the playoffs this year and I'm assuming King thinks the same thing.

I don't view it as high praise either, but I'm pretty confident that he's right and that's exactly what will happen.
Originally posted by Shaj:
From his Monday Morning QB - Tuesday edition.....

9. I think Alex Smith starts 16 games, saves his job, and earns a new contract in San Francisco.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/07/mail/index.html?eref=nflg#ixzz0yrmWkQSM

I mean...it's not high praise but it is something positive and it's coming from Peter King who, historically, hasn't give us much love.
The only way I see this scenario panning out is if we actualy make the playoffs this year and I'm assuming King thinks the same thing.

I don't view it as high praise either, but I'm pretty confident that he's right and that's exactly what will happen.

Yup, that was pretty much my take as well Shaj.
The guy rarely says anything good about the Niners and the one time he does, it's actually a somewhat realistic prediction.
Lotta punks here see the name "Peter King" and use it as an opportunity to post something negative but this is one of those times I think most of us would agree with him.
I wonder who paid him to say that...that's partly tongue in cheek, partly not. He's a notorious East Coast homer...who rarely gives the Niners or any Western team props. I happen to agree with him, in this case, however.

why? the steelers have won 2 superbowls since 2005. roethlisberger is only out for 4 games.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
There is another link in that article by Peter King that has a bunch of predictions and under it a link to playoff predictions. All of the SI staff have the Niners taking the west. 2 writers have Willis as the defensive MVP and on has Alex Smith predicted as a non star who make a big jump. null

Take it for what it's worth cuz I saw King's predictions. He has us winning our division at 8-8? Losing to the Cowboys 31-17 in the first round of the playoffs and the Steelers win another Super Bowl

If we or anyone else ever wins a division at 8-8 they should automatically change the rules to just be the top 6 seeds get in. 9-7 is bad enough but 8-8 would be embarassing for the league IMO

It's already happened in 2008, the Chargers.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
There is another link in that article by Peter King that has a bunch of predictions and under it a link to playoff predictions. All of the SI staff have the Niners taking the west. 2 writers have Willis as the defensive MVP and on has Alex Smith predicted as a non star who make a big jump. null

Take it for what it's worth cuz I saw King's predictions. He has us winning our division at 8-8? Losing to the Cowboys 31-17 in the first round of the playoffs and the Steelers win another Super Bowl

If we win the division at 8-8, that would mean that we open the playoffs at home and the Cowboys play us on the road. Who does he then have winning the NFC East? Please don't tell me it's the Cowboys.

-9fA
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by sacniner:
The webzone mancrush on Peter King continues...

I don't see any indication of a mancrush on Peter King anywhere in this thread.
Did you read through the comments?

people hate him around here.
Isnt he the guy that said Jerry Rice isnt the greatest receiver of all time?
Why do we care what King says? Big deal Smith plays 16 games, saves his job and gets a new contract really going out on a limb there especially with this organization. How is that viewed as a compliment?

King loves the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Jets, Giants and Cowboys (do we see a trend here). This is a guy who when the Niners were the best in football consistently trashed talked them In ’84 it was Miami and Marino, ‘ 85 all about the Bears, the rest of the 80’s and 90’s he went on about the Cowboys, Giants (Parcell is the real genius) and Redskins.

The guy is an east coast homer and will never give us any respect, so stop caring about what he thinks.
Share 49ersWebzone