There are 232 users in the forums

Feeling really good about our back ups

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kw49r
  • Veteran
I think it might be a sign we might of finally arrived because I don't recall feeling this comfortable with our back ups in a long time.

I remember way back if Joe got hurt, I was like, 'Its Ok, Steve's coming. We're good, they're screwed.'

Or in more recent times, Jerry is out, "Its ok, TO will catch 20 balls tonight and the niner will keep trampling.

But its been sooooooo looooong since I felt like that.

Lately its been, "Man we would of beat those Dolphins if Gore were playing, or come on Dilfer you can do it", yeah right.

No, with the slight exception of QB (which Carr didn't look too too bad last night) I feel just peachy about our back ups. Quick List:

Smith/Carr - I am starting to believe Carr could pull it out if he had to step in. We have a lot of talent surrounding him and he looked decent last night. But i am creaming my pants that Alex is finally seeing the whole field, showing confidence and taking control. Seems like its like a Madden game for him out there lately.

Gore/Westbrook/Dixon -- This list speaks for itself. I think I would be fine even if we didn't have Westbrook cause Dixon is a monster. But hell I'll take Westbrook, he is no cupcake, by far. Plus, the way Gore is, you know these two are already lighting a fire under his already burning ass as evident during his one carry.

Crabtree/Morgan/Ginn/Zeigler/Williams - I am in love with each and every one of these guys. I am estatic Zeigler can finally contribute his natural talents. Smooth receiver!

Vernon/Delany/Byham - Vernon is our God, our Captain, our enforcerf but Delany is awesome in his own right. He is actually a big ass Receiver. Byham has showed his versatility in playing the Hback already and should learn quickly behind these two allstars.

So we temporarily lose our center, no problem Bass steps right in and is a natural, with Wragge just as good waiting in the wings.
We have two experience multi role playing back ups in Simms and Snyder who have plenty of experience up and down the line and we get to keep Boone, YES!

Defense, we are double stacked everywhere. Notable mentions are Bowman, RJF, Brown and those two lovable crazy OLB LaBoy and Riggs who cant keep their hands of the other team's Quarterback. Oh and Brooks too!

We are so ready and able if and when that unfortunate day comes where we lose one of our many stars to injury or some other unforseen tragedy. We will not loose a step. I'm telling you, this is a hell of a team all the way through.
Don't forget Taylor Mays!!!
  • kw49r
  • Veteran
Of course, Mays! How could I forget! I am almost rooting for Lewis to go ahead and get his next concussion already so Mays can begin Administering concussions. Just kidding, Lewis can still lay the wood and can probably mentor Mays for a couple of months before he goes.
Originally posted by kw49r:
Notable mentions are Bowman, RJF, Brown and those two lovable crazy OLB LaBoy and Riggs who cant keep their hands of the other team's Quarterback. Oh and Brooks too!

That guy Riggs is pretty good.

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Notable mentions are Bowman, RJF, Brown and those two lovable crazy OLB LaBoy and Riggs who cant keep their hands of the other team's Quarterback. Oh and Brooks too!

That guy Riggs is pretty good.

good catch
  • kw49r
  • Veteran
I'd take Riggs too, especially if we are playing some Jews. lol
a lot of our back ups could start for some lesser talented teams.....and even some better ones. This shows our talent is sick and we will have almost everythink to make a sb push or minimum at least into the playoffs for a few games. I see us winning our home playoff game minimun and then depending on who we play next, who knows. I will say however that if we play minn again, if we have gore and crabtree they are done.....we have gotten better and they have gotten worse. Dallas scares me a bit but our run D and their horrible pass D seems fine by me. I am really only worried about having to out score the saints....or maybe packers, that's it.

We are a really good team this year at all positions....finally
  • kw49r
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
a lot of our back ups could start for some lesser talented teams.....and even some better ones. This shows our talent is sick and we will have almost everythink to make a sb push or minimum at least into the playoffs for a few games. I see us winning our home playoff game minimun and then depending on who we play next, who knows. I will say however that if we play minn again, if we have gore and crabtree they are done.....we have gotten better and they have gotten worse. Dallas scares me a bit but our run D and their horrible pass D seems fine by me. I am really only worried about having to out score the saints....or maybe packers, that's it.

We are a really good team this year at all positions....finally

The Packers do scare me, especially Aaron. I am so glad we didnt't pick him over Smith though. It will be so great to watch Smith finally have a better game when they go head to head again. I want the commentators to make a big deal about it when it happends. I want them to acknowledge that Aaron had the advantage of sitting behink Favre and had the ability to soak up the offense for four years. Smith has had to overcome so much more that I feel that in the end he will be the better Quarter much better prepared to deal with adversity. Aaron has been lucky to have been pampered for four years and only put in the spotligtht only after they knew he had finally learned enough from watching Carr. Smith will provide us with a beautiful, heart warming Cinderalla story and cement his legacy within the great Vince Young and I will be extatic about our QB. Go Alex I believe in you. Make us proud!
There is a reason Carr had bounced around..

We need a legit backup...

Byham appears to be one player who should have been cut. He is inconsistent as both a blocker and reciever. He makes mistkes and there is no mention of it; while others performed better.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Share 49ersWebzone