LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 245 users in the forums

Two QB's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
One of the mortal sins of being a QB is not being prepared. If Davis has shown that he lacks the work ethic to become a competent QB in the NFL, which is magnified by his learning disability, then he does not belong on the team. There are tons of other QBs out there with no job that would work their asses off to be in Nate's position, and from what Singletary has said, it sounds like he is letting it go to waste.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by insanemike27:
I like a Nate Davis and I think he has alot of potential, but potential doesn't win you games and we may need the roster space for another position. If having only two QB's
on our roster is an issue, consider this. If Smith and Carr get injured, this season is over anyway. I have strong faith in what singletary is trying to instill into HIS TEAM, and I am satisfied with any decision he decides to make.

EXACTLY...

it doesnt matter, there is a Nate Davis (QB Project) in every single draft... if we cut him we can draft another small school stud next year
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
I like a Nate Davis and I think he has alot of potential, but potential doesn't win you games and we may need the roster space for another position. If having only two QB's
on our roster is an issue, consider this. If Smith and Carr get injured, this season is over anyway. I have strong faith in what singletary is trying to instill into HIS TEAM, and I am satisfied with any decision he decides to make.

EXACTLY...

it doesnt matter, there is a Nate Davis (QB Project) in every single draft... if we cut him we can draft another small school stud next year

Carolina is expected to cut Tony Pike. I'd snag him up and tuck him away on the PS.
I am so tired of this train of thought... Singletary's sucking off Crabtree and giving hell to Nate Davis? The worst kind of father figure is the one that is inconsistent, plays favorites or operates in double standards... In all sincerity I do not believe that N.Davis will be cut (and that this is just anti-marketing, devaluing campaign) but this public lashing comes across as unfair... Especially with the Crabtree situation the way it is.

Dirty
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
I am so tired of this train of thought... Singletary's sucking off Crabtree and giving hell to Nate Davis? The worst kind of father figure is the one that is inconsistent, plays favorites or operates in double standards... In all sincerity I do not believe that N.Davis will be cut (and that this is just anti-marketing, devaluing campaign) but this public lashing comes across as unfair... Especially with the Crabtree situation the way it is.

Dirty

Crabtree has produced, Davis has not...end of story.
Nate did this to himself, he should have prepared himself better. He looked like crap last night, even before the backups backups came in. He was staring down receivers, his throws were wild, and his lack of mobility was exposed. I think many on these boards overvalued him thinking his play against inferior competition was a sign of greatness.
It sounds likes a 50-50 proposition . . .

I wonder if this is what Sing sees . . .

Quote:
Nate Davis is embarrassingly immature. He has no clue about the kind of commitment and work necessary to be an elite level quarterback. None.

He excelled at Ball State because he had USC talent and three coaches -- head coach Brady Hoke, offensive coordinator Stan Parrish and strength coach Aaron Wellman -- and an older brother riding his ass year-round.

In the NFL, you can’t devote three coaches to making sure Nate Davis does the right thing. Things move too fast on and off the field. The players have far more freedom and power. Nate Davis has to want to be a great NFL player. He has to want it 12 months a year.

You know what Nate wants most of the time? He wants to tell people he’s in the NFL. He wants to go back to his hometown of Bellaire, Ohio, and be treated like a star. He wants to hang in Indianapolis and pop bottles like he has Peyton Manning’s contract.

He’s young. He’s ‘hood rich. He doesn’t grasp the big picture. He has no idea that he won’t be the first or last quarterback with big-time talent to flame out because $500,000 felt like lifetime financial security.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/49ers-QB-Nate-Davis-qb-of-future-or-new-headache

The question of the day is, is there a QB desperate team that can afford to keep him on their 53 man roster while getting no use out of him for the entire season?
Originally posted by Krystal:
Nick said if he gets cut we are returning our tickets

Returning tickets over Nate Davis?

returning tickets over ANY third string QB?

That seems drastic.
i am in favor of 2 QBs either way only two are activated for game time the other one is inactive so cant play either way

we just have too much talent at other positions for us to keep 3 qbs
Share 49ersWebzone