There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTH Jerry??!?!

http://blog.seahawks.com/2010/09/01/an-evening-with-jerry-rice/

Quote:
Rice walked in through the back door as the surprised players rose to their feet to give him a standing ovation.

But something about the Seahawks giving a standing ovation to a 49er is just hilarious. They don't have any legends, so they had to use one of ours.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
seriously they couldve just watched his hof speech and they wouldve gotten the same thing out of it
  • Chico
  • Veteran
This is great and total respect for the GOAT!

I can't wait to send this link to my Seachicken buddies to rub it in and let them know that since they don't have any of their own championship players, they have to borrow a 49er to motivate them!
Originally posted by BSacamano:
But something about the Seahawks giving a standing ovation to a 49er is just hilarious. They don't have any legends, so they had to use one of ours.

Might want to go find out who Cortez Kennedy and Steve Largent were. SMH.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

We know who they are! The question is, how many rings are they wearing?

I know who they are. SMH. But they don't compare to Jerry Rice. SMH. And considering their team is the Seahawks, one would find it humorous that they didn't go get one of them. SMH. And I don't consider them legends. SMH.
Originally posted by Chico:

How many rings does Dan Marino have ? Rings don't take away from a player's greatness or what he has brought to the game. A great player is a great player regardless of how many rings one has or how many Pro Bowls one has made. Again SMH.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
It makes a huge difference! Plus, Steve Largent & Cortez Kennedy don't even come close to the GOAT! Neither does Dan Marino, btw!
Yeah, that's bush league crap right there.

That's the same as the Raiders announcers claiming him as one of their greats...

What a shame that he ever wore any other jersey than a Niners jersey...
It makes a huge difference! Plus, Steve Largent & Cortez Kennedy don't even come close to the GOAT! Neither does Dan Marino, btw!

No it doesn't. Guys like Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Bruce Smith, Dick Butkus and Deacon Jones are still some of the greatest players to ever play this game regardless of how many rings are on their fingers. A Super Bowl ring does not make a a player any more or less of a legend.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Sep 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM ]
It's the Pete Carrol connection I think. Not sure but didn't Carrol work for the 9ers back in Rice's 1st year or so? Then you have the half a season that he played for them.

I agree that they should get some of their own Greats to come give them a speech. But if we're better than they are(We are) then it wouldn't matter if all our Greats went over and gave them a pep talk.

*I don't know that Fran Tarkentan would agree with you KRS-1 , I do but only cause there are plenty of great players without a ring. John Brodie being one of them

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 2, 2010 at 7:06 AM ]

How many rings does Dan Marino have ? Rings don't take away from a player's greatness or what he has brought to the game. A great player is a great player regardless of how many rings one has or how many Pro Bowls one has made. Again SMH.

I totally disagree. There is a difference between great players and championship players. There is a different level when your season is on the line, and if you lose you're done. Players that take that pressure in stride and elevate their games to match it, are special.

If the Seahawks goal was to motivate their players to look towards the playoffs/Super Bowl, then they would want to bring in a player who's "been there". Players want to ask "Hey man, what's it like to play in the Super Bowl?" - Not "Hey man, what's it like to play on a mediocre team that never wins the division?". They already know all about that last part!
WTF is this s**t! Lock it up mods.
Carroll was the Defensive Coordinator for George Seifert's 1995 and 1996 squads.

Rice played for the Seahawks in 2004.

Rice was likely paid for his appearance.

The 49ers do not own Jerry Rice.

End Thread.