There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about this....

  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,092
Trade Nate Clements for Darrelle Revis and a #1 and #2 pick and maybe even some cash? I love Clements because he is GREAT in short yardage situations and hits like a SS but he consistently gets burned on the deep ball.

Revis is a shut down corner, young and would be worth the $!

What do you guys think? I'm watching Hard Knocks and it doesn't sound like the Jets are going to have him anytime soon.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,216
Originally posted by Chico:
Trade Nate Clements for Darrelle Revis and a #1 and #2 pick and maybe even some cash? I love Clements because he is GREAT in short yardage situations and hits like a SS but he consistently gets burned on the deep ball.

Revis is a shut down corner, young and would be worth the $!

What do you guys think? I'm watching Hard Knocks and it doesn't sound like the Jets are going to have him anytime soon.

wait, a 1, 2 and Revis for Nate, or Nate, 1 and 2 for Revis.

Also Revis wants 120M-150M over 10 yrs, and if you thought Nate's deal was bad then wait till you would see Revis structure and bonus money, in the 40M.

But on topic, im against it either way.
If AB says it's a bad deal, then there's no further discussion on this.

End thread
Get a personalized 9er jersey and just have them stitch R-E-V-I-S on it, already.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,092
Nate, a 1 and 2 for Revis - He has shut down pretty much ALL the best receivers in the NFL and he's young and only getting better. Or do you all think that he's going to cash in and be a lazy a$$ once he gets paid?
What if there is a stud in next years draft? Do you think the jets will make that trade? Plus i really don't want to deal with NY after the crabtree thing..
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,092
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
What if there is a stud in next years draft? Do you think the jets will make that trade? Plus i really don't want to deal with NY after the crabtree thing..

I just think our secondary is going to be struggling this year and the trade makes sense. Revis is one of the best and a shut down corner!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,216
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
What if there is a stud in next years draft? Do you think the jets will make that trade? Plus i really don't want to deal with NY after the crabtree thing..

I just think our secondary is going to be struggling this year and the trade makes sense. Revis is one of the best and a shut down corner!

i agree, but he will return to NY
yea i watch hard knocks too..that means i know a lot about things
can't sacrifice the franchise for one player, IMO... Revis is hands down the best CB playing right now, bar none, but it's not worth it. The lost of the draft pick and the money spent will bring us back at the end of the dynasty year... NINER CAP HELL!*

- 98 (* if there is a CBA in place)
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
What if there is a stud in next years draft? Do you think the jets will make that trade? Plus i really don't want to deal with NY after the crabtree thing..

I just think our secondary is going to be struggling this year and the trade makes sense. Revis is one of the best and a shut down corner!

We haven't played a down of a meaningful game yet and although I share your sentiment that we MIGHT struggle, not worth it IMO...

- 98
agreed with Dash, we havent played, yet and no guarantee we can win with or without Revis, if we lose and have top 10 pick, and give that to the Jets, were screwed.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,092
Originally posted by kidash:
can't sacrifice the franchise for one player, IMO... Revis is hands down the best CB playing right now, bar none, but it's not worth it. The lost of the draft pick and the money spent will bring us back at the end of the dynasty year... NINER CAP HELL!*

- 98 (* if there is a CBA in place)

I'm expecting the 49ers to make the playoffs this year. We have the talent to make the playoffs and possibley even get to the SB!...if we trade for Revis today, what do we lose? We end up drafting another rookie that will take 2-3 years to groom and Revis is ready NOW!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home