There are 296 users in the forums

How about this....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by kidash:
can't sacrifice the franchise for one player, IMO... Revis is hands down the best CB playing right now, bar none, but it's not worth it. The lost of the draft pick and the money spent will bring us back at the end of the dynasty year... NINER CAP HELL!*

- 98 (* if there is a CBA in place)

I'm expecting the 49ers to make the playoffs this year. We have the talent to make the playoffs and possibley even get to the SB!...if we trade for Revis today, what do we lose? We end up drafting another rookie that will take 2-3 years to groom and Revis is ready NOW!

We lose the players we need to extend at the end of the year
its a good thing youre not a GM :)
can't sacrifice the franchise for one player, IMO... Revis is hands down the best CB playing right now, bar none, but it's not worth it. The lost of the draft pick and the money spent will bring us back at the end of the dynasty year... NINER CAP HELL!*

I'm expecting the 49ers to make the playoffs this year. We have the talent to make the playoffs and possibley even get to the SB!...if we trade for Revis today, what do we lose? We end up drafting another rookie that will take 2-3 years to groom and Revis is ready NOW!

Cap space, MONEY, future draft picks and as someone mentioned, the ability to re-sign our current players on a gamble that we will need ONE player to get to the big dance. NAH - UH!

Although our secondary is suspect, we do not need to mortgage our future for one player. You said it yourself, "We have the talent to make the playoffs and possibly even get to the SB!" so why not see how far this team can go?

Our defense is capable of playing the best of them IF WE PLAY TO OUR POTENTIAL. If we uses more blitz package on our game plan, our secondary has the chance to succeed in so many ways and we have the front 7 to create that havoc in the LOS... Too many times we see weakness in the preseason and we automatically think it will translate into the regular season. We have 16 games to test our mantle and for once, let's not make a move that can, or will, destroy the franchise..

[ Edited by kidash on Sep 1, 2010 at 9:05 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran

Cap space, MONEY, future draft pics on a gamble that we will need ONE player to get to the big dance. NAH - UH!

Although our secondary is suspect, we do not need to mortgage our future for one player. You said it yourself, "We have the talent to make the playoffs and possibley even get to the SB!" so why not see how far this team can go?

Our defense is capable of playing the best of them IF WE PLAY TO OUR POTENTIAL. If we uses more blitz package on our game plan, our secondary has the chance to succeed in so many ways and we have the front 7 to create that havoc in the LOS... Too many times we see weakness in the preseason and we automatically think it will translate into the regular season. We have 16 games to test our mantle and for once, let's not make a move that can, or will, destroy the franchise..

Ok, good point kidash! i guess another thing to think about is what would it do to the team if you bring in someone that may not have earned the respect of the team yet and he's getting paid 10 times as much as everyone. Also, what message do we send the rest of the 49er corners that have worked their a$$es off to make the team?

Fine! end of thread!
Originally posted by jreff22:

*lol* exactly what I was thinking...

• fan49
  • Veteran
ill wait on ras i dowling, or prince amukamara in the draft next year....
the mods have fallen asleep at the wheel again
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
ill wait on ras i dowling, or prince amukamara in the draft next year....

huh?
He doesn't get consistently burned on the deep ball, you just have 2 games burned into your memory, Dallas 2 years ago and the Falcons last year. Nate doesn't give up that many big plays. And besides the Jets won't trade Revis in the first place.

good idea in theory, or on madden it might be possible....but revis will be too expensive and we'll have too much trouble resigning other players we need....also, i was checking out our drafts from 2004 to 2010 and ive noticed that our drafts were really bad in the past, but the last couple have been really solid, i think with our more intelligent and not mccloughan front office, a first and second round pick are too valuable
Share 49ersWebzone