49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 640 users in the forums

Joe Montana pays a visit to the 49ers facility

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,143
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
he should have hooked up alex smith with some skills

lol

fixed
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
he should have hooked up alex smith with some skills

lol

fixed

~Ceadder
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Championship.


Plus, every player now has Sketchers Shape Ups (tm).

Patrick Willis does not approve of this.



During the Viking's game, they commented on Patrick Willis, they said something like, "Ya, Willis just chased down Adrian Peterson, he's a really fast player, I think he can run a 4.5 40, obviously not as fast as Adrian Peterson, but still really fast for a linebacker."

None of those idiots had any idea that Willis ran a 4.37 at his pro-day. Adrian Peterson ran a 4.37 at his school. I don't know if he ran at his pro-day, because he had such a good time at the combine.

At the combine Willis ran a 4.49 with a partially torn ACL, and Peterson ran a 4.38.
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
It would've been so awesome if he talked to Alex Smith. Give him a few pointers and overall just talk quarterback.

I wish that would happen as well... I was watching the... I think 3rd episode of Hard Knocks with the Jets... and Joe Namath was on site talking to Mark "Sanchise". Namath was in the film room with them and giving pointers to Mark.

And went to sleep as soon as the cameras turned off n
Joe needs to get over the sour grapes and get in there more often to inspire and help this team. Without the 49'ers/Walsh/Debartolo, there would be no Joe Cool, hall of famer, best QB in history.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
It would've been so awesome if he talked to Alex Smith. Give him a few pointers and overall just talk quarterback.

I wish that would happen as well... I was watching the... I think 3rd episode of Hard Knocks with the Jets... and Joe Namath was on site talking to Mark "Sanchise". Namath was in the film room with them and giving pointers to Mark.

And went to sleep as soon as the cameras turned off n

I hope Joe Namath gives Mark Sanchez some pointers. Cuz Namath sucked ass and is one over rated son of a b***h
Originally posted by defenderDX:
It would've been so awesome if he talked to Alex Smith. Give him a few pointers and overall just talk quarterback.

Joe Montana seems like a douche that wouldn't help out at all.

He was great on the field, though.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think he's still butthurt

I think you are the one who is "butthurt"...and too young to appreciate Joe Montana....probably just a Steve Young fan who thinks you need to only worship one 9er QB or something.

show some respect, instead of just saying "Joe Montana is still butthurt" WTF?



THIS. Joe has every reason to be mad about the way s**t went down. I guarantee that if we had not shipped him to KC, the 49ers go on to win at LEAST three more Super Bowls in the 1990s.

It took Eddie D signing the greatest one-year free agency class in history for Young to get his ring. Montana, with the 49ers cast already in place pre-1994, would have beaten the Cowboys and Packers upside the head all by himself.

I sure as hell would rather the 49ers own 8 Lombardi Trophies right now rather than Steve Young's six passing titles.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think he's still butthurt

I think you are the one who is "butthurt"...and too young to appreciate Joe Montana....probably just a Steve Young fan who thinks you need to only worship one 9er QB or something.

show some respect, instead of just saying "Joe Montana is still butthurt" WTF?



THIS. Joe has every reason to be mad about the way s**t went down. I guarantee that if we had not shipped him to KC, the 49ers go on to win at LEAST three more Super Bowls in the 1990s.

It took Eddie D signing the greatest one-year free agency class in history for Young to get his ring. Montana, with the 49ers cast already in place pre-1994, would have beaten the Cowboys and Packers upside the head all by himself.

I sure as hell would rather the 49ers own 8 Lombardi Trophies right now rather than Steve Young's six passing titles.

I refuse to pick a side. I respect what both Joe Montana and Steve Young were able to do for this franchise.

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think he's still butthurt

I think you are the one who is "butthurt"...and too young to appreciate Joe Montana....probably just a Steve Young fan who thinks you need to only worship one 9er QB or something.

show some respect, instead of just saying "Joe Montana is still butthurt" WTF?



THIS. Joe has every reason to be mad about the way s**t went down. I guarantee that if we had not shipped him to KC, the 49ers go on to win at LEAST three more Super Bowls in the 1990s.

It took Eddie D signing the greatest one-year free agency class in history for Young to get his ring. Montana, with the 49ers cast already in place pre-1994, would have beaten the Cowboys and Packers upside the head all by himself.

I sure as hell would rather the 49ers own 8 Lombardi Trophies right now rather than Steve Young's six passing titles.

nahh...the offense wasn't the problem 1992-96 (years Montana might've played till had he stayed with the Niners). By 1992/93 the 49ers defensive players on the back-to-back title years of 88-89/nearly90 were getting old and out of step (Michael Carter, f*gan, Holt, mike walter, don griffin etc, plus Lott was gone) so that they were badly exposed by the cowboys and even the high-powered 49ers offense always had trouble catching up from behind (though Montana might have led a comeback in the 2nd half of the 92 NFC title game had he been given the chance by Seifert). it would have been the same/worse in 1993. Debartolo and Policy would've done the same thin in 1994 and go crazy in fre agency trying to sign whole new defense (but at the same time mortgaging the future for a journey through salary cap hell). If anything Montana might've led the Niners to one last back-to-back run in 1994/1995 (or alternatively Steve Bono leads the '95 team), but at most i still think the dynasty slowly and steadily falls apart after 1997 (when the Packers have our number), and the most Super Bowls I see the team having in this alternate timeline is either the same of 5 or marginally one more of 6.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think he's still butthurt

I think you are the one who is "butthurt"...and too young to appreciate Joe Montana....probably just a Steve Young fan who thinks you need to only worship one 9er QB or something.

show some respect, instead of just saying "Joe Montana is still butthurt" WTF?



THIS. Joe has every reason to be mad about the way s**t went down. I guarantee that if we had not shipped him to KC, the 49ers go on to win at LEAST three more Super Bowls in the 1990s.

It took Eddie D signing the greatest one-year free agency class in history for Young to get his ring. Montana, with the 49ers cast already in place pre-1994, would have beaten the Cowboys and Packers upside the head all by himself.

I sure as hell would rather the 49ers own 8 Lombardi Trophies right now rather than Steve Young's six passing titles.

Montana only lasted two more seasons. How could the 49ers win 3 more SBs? Steve Young would demand a trade if Montana started, and Montana was not going to serve as a backup to Steve Young.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think he's still butthurt

I think you are the one who is "butthurt"...and too young to appreciate Joe Montana....probably just a Steve Young fan who thinks you need to only worship one 9er QB or something.

show some respect, instead of just saying "Joe Montana is still butthurt" WTF?



THIS. Joe has every reason to be mad about the way s**t went down. I guarantee that if we had not shipped him to KC, the 49ers go on to win at LEAST three more Super Bowls in the 1990s.

It took Eddie D signing the greatest one-year free agency class in history for Young to get his ring. Montana, with the 49ers cast already in place pre-1994, would have beaten the Cowboys and Packers upside the head all by himself.

I sure as hell would rather the 49ers own 8 Lombardi Trophies right now rather than Steve Young's six passing titles.

I refuse to pick a side. I respect what both Joe Montana and Steve Young were able to do for this franchise.


This
Originally posted by Shaj:
I like Sing's attitude about the old time vets having a say. I think Nolan would have been too arrogant to say something like that.

I too like Sing's attitude... I think Nolan was just too insecure to have the greats around.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,546
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think he's still butthurt

I think you are the one who is "butthurt"...and too young to appreciate Joe Montana....probably just a Steve Young fan who thinks you need to only worship one 9er QB or something.

show some respect, instead of just saying "Joe Montana is still butthurt" WTF?



THIS. Joe has every reason to be mad about the way s**t went down. I guarantee that if we had not shipped him to KC, the 49ers go on to win at LEAST three more Super Bowls in the 1990s.

It took Eddie D signing the greatest one-year free agency class in history for Young to get his ring. Montana, with the 49ers cast already in place pre-1994, would have beaten the Cowboys and Packers upside the head all by himself.

I sure as hell would rather the 49ers own 8 Lombardi Trophies right now rather than Steve Young's six passing titles.

Wow! strong statement but i agree! If we kept JOE COOL, we would have beaten the Cowpokes in those NFC Championships... to me it seemed like Seifert wanted to make a name for himself with his own team and seperate himself from Walsh.
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think he's still butthurt

I think you are the one who is "butthurt"...and too young to appreciate Joe Montana....probably just a Steve Young fan who thinks you need to only worship one 9er QB or something.

show some respect, instead of just saying "Joe Montana is still butthurt" WTF?



THIS. Joe has every reason to be mad about the way s**t went down. I guarantee that if we had not shipped him to KC, the 49ers go on to win at LEAST three more Super Bowls in the 1990s.

It took Eddie D signing the greatest one-year free agency class in history for Young to get his ring. Montana, with the 49ers cast already in place pre-1994, would have beaten the Cowboys and Packers upside the head all by himself.

I sure as hell would rather the 49ers own 8 Lombardi Trophies right now rather than Steve Young's six passing titles.

Wow! strong statement but i agree! If we kept JOE COOL, we would have beaten the Cowpokes in those NFC Championships... to me it seemed like Seifert wanted to make a name for himself with his own team and seperate himself from Walsh.

he should've at least put in Montana in the 2nd half of the '92 NFC title game (tied 10-10 at the half) and nipped the cowpukes' attempt at resurgence in the bud!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone