There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Montana pays a visit to the 49ers facility

LINK...

Quote:

Matt Maiocco
CSNBayArea.com

SANTA CLARA -- Joe Montana sightings at the 49ers' practice facility have been rare since the Hall of Fame quarterback was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs in the 1993 offseason.

The four-time Super Bowl-winner made a brief appearance Monday morning.

Montana spent some time at the 49ers' complex to take part in the taping of a community relations message. He watched at the side of the practice field for several minutes as the 49ers' defense had a walk-through practice. He did not interact with any of the 49ers' offensive players, who were in meetings at the time.

Montana's last known visit to the 49ers' practice facility with the entire team present was June 2002 when he took part in a video for NFL Films on quarterback mechanics with Bill Walsh and several former teammates.

Coach Mike Singletary saw Montana standing at the side of the practice field Monday and went over to say hello. Singletary said he does not know Montana well -- only from being selected to the same NFC Pro Bowl team six times during their careers.

"I'd love for any of the guys who've been here before -- Joe Montana, Roger Craig, Ronnie Lott -- all those guys to come around," Sinlgetary said.

"I hope they know they're welcome here because they mean something to this organization. They mean something to our players. I don't know what the past has been, but I know what the presence of former guys who have done very well. They have a say and they have a stake in this organization and what we're trying to build."

Read more: Montana Makes Rare Visit to 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
It would've been so awesome if he talked to Alex Smith. Give him a few pointers and overall just talk quarterback.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
It would've been so awesome if he talked to Alex Smith. Give him a few pointers and overall just talk quarterback.

Then pull Alex's jersey over his head, punch him in the gut and make him kiss the pinky ring when he's on his knees....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Then pull Alex's jersey over his head, punch him in the gut and make him kiss the pinky ring when he's on his knees....

Alex Smith >> Joe Montanna
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Alex Smith >> Joe Montanna

X2
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Championship.

Plus, every player now has Sketchers Shape Ups (tm).
he should have hooked up alex smith with some sketchers
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Championship.

I think he's still butthurt
those commercials give me a boner.
Jerry Rice for WR's coach 2011
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Championship.

They make you think strange things. Like maybe camping with valrod isn't a bad idea.
It is too bad Joe Montana hasn't been able to take the higher road. I know it was wrong of the organization to trade him, but sometimes you've got to swallow your pride. Maybe Singletary can help rebuild the relationship. It is nice to think about at least.

Or put him in a headlock and give him a noogie like Nolan Ryan did to Robin Ventura.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home