There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Put Nate Davis on the practice squad

Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by TheAcpHater:
Davis posted the highest QB rating of all 3 49ers QBs in the preseason.....

Just saying. (go to NFL.com if you don't believe me, Id post a link but I want the morons to use the interweb)

As for his "poor" week 2 performance (if you want to call it that). Davis led 2 scoring drives from his own 12 and 3 yd line.

Keep believing that Singletary criticism crap.......Why would Singletary be so critical about the semi-mentally retarded 3rd string QB, if he had faith in Carr? Or why are his expectations so high for Davis if he has no talent (according to Naterz)?

Right, which was padded on the 1st game against a weak indy pass defense and 2nd stringers at that. Davis had the better week 1, there's no denying that.

But when Week 2 rolls around, and Smith looks pretty dang good against a tough Minnesota Defense, while Nate looked terrible against that team's 2nd stringers, the edge automatically goes to Smith.

And again, in week 3, facing an underrated Raider pass defense, Smith plays great without his 2 Main targets, and Davis can't get on the field because he showed Singletary and Raye in Week 2 that he has no idea what he is doing out there.

So you tell me who has had the better preseason thus far.

You know Alex and Nate are not competing right?

Well, yeah, that's obvious, Smith is clearly the more advanced quarterback at this time. If you're asking me if this thread was smart, or If I think Carr should be Number 2, you're mistaken, I like Davis and thinks he has a lot of potential, Carr is a joke and shouldn't have been signed, I am just responding to clowns that think Davis is ready to start for us over Smith. Sorry if I put you in that group by mistake.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kendrick:
C'mon guys. Just because Sing fooled the media doesnt mean you have to be fooled. verybody loves Nate. the kid did great on his last outing, not statistically but they learned enough to know he wont be # 2 this year but he will be # 1 in the future.
Sing nipped any controversy in the bud and humbled everyone in the room. The press that follows our team are nothing but rehashers or brown-nosers. So, what Sing says, goes.

Sing did fool the media. I think he is doing what he did to Vernon when he banished him to the locker room - calling somebody very talented out and hoping it brings out the best in him in the future. I think this is a management tactic, and a pretty smart one at that.
I like how the Alex stans have hijacked this thread, even though the topic is about Nate Davis.

My theory is right: Any praise for any QB not named Alex Smith automatically = hate for Alex.

Its kinda hard to get back on the Alex bandwagon with all the saliva on the seats from constant ballwashing by Stans.
Originally posted by NinerMD:
Yeah, hell NO to Davis on the PS. I say cut Carr, waive the other kid, start Smith leave Davis as the backup and let Robinson be the #3 QB and save a roster spot that way.

We don't need a #3 QB. If Smith AND Davis both get injured in the same game, then we're screwed anyway.

Carr is trash and the other kid hasn't even got on the field.

Our season rides on Smiths shoulders, (no pun intended) and Davis is our only option after that.

Bet big, win big...
or lose big.
I like how the Alex stans have hijacked this thread, even though the topic is about Nate Davis.

My theory is right: Any praise for any QB not named Alex Smith automatically = hate for Alex.

Its kinda hard to get back on the Alex bandwagon with all the saliva on the seats from constant ballwashing by Stans.

That's what's up!!!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
Originally posted by fryet:
This is assuming he is still eligible (I don't know what the rules are). After a full season of work, he still doesn't know the entire playbook. Singletary publicly gave a poor assessment of his play. I don't think any other team would put him on their 53 man roster, knowing that he won't be able to play for them at all in 2010.

By doing so, it will allow the 49ers to keep another player around that is more likely to contribute to the 2010 season like Curtis Taylor.

Wow - I do hope you are kidding.
I wish the webzone had a practice squad to put you on....

4 Reals get this guy in the PS

REAL TALK!!!!

this guy swears that another team wont swoop him up with the quickness

& he forgets that we need 3 qb's on the team Jarrett Brown WILL NOT MAKE THE TEAM I GUARANTEE IT!!!!

who the hell is that?

xsactly that undrafted free agent QB we got he has not done NADA all through training camp thats why i forgot his name........

thi guy will not be a factor at all weather on the active squad or the ps

That's what's up!!!

You were the one who brought up Smith in this thread, genius.

Just saying. (go to NFL.com if you don't believe me, Id post a link but I want the morons to use the interweb)

As for his "poor" week 2 performance (if you want to call it that). Davis led 2 scoring drives from his own 12 and 3 yd line.

Keep believing that Singletary criticism crap.......Why would Singletary be so critical about the semi-mentally retarded 3rd string QB, if he had faith in Carr? Or why are his expectations so high for Davis if he has no talent (according to Naterz)?

Right, which was padded on the 1st game against a weak indy pass defense and 2nd stringers at that. Davis had the better week 1, there's no denying that.

But when Week 2 rolls around, and Smith looks pretty dang good against a tough Minnesota Defense, while Nate looked terrible against that team's 2nd stringers, the edge automatically goes to Smith.

And again, in week 3, facing an underrated Raider pass defense, Smith plays great without his 2 Main targets, and Davis can't get on the field because he showed Singletary and Raye in Week 2 that he has no idea what he is doing out there.

So you tell me who has had the better preseason thus far.

You know Alex and Nate are not competing right?

Well, yeah, that's obvious, Smith is clearly the more advanced quarterback at this time. If you're asking me if this thread was smart, or If I think Carr should be Number 2, you're mistaken, I like Davis and thinks he has a lot of potential, Carr is a joke and shouldn't have been signed, I am just responding to clowns that think Davis is ready to start for us over Smith. Sorry if I put you in that group by mistake.

Thanks for the Rational Post..... Yes Nate Davis is a better option than David Carr who is a piece of crap... The guy was boasting after the worst QB play we have had since Rattay. I hope Singletary is just trying to motivate Davis to step up and not pulling a NoWin type of "I like hard working good Character guys", with no talent like Carr. Patrick Willis Frank Gore are not a normal players it is rare to have a Hard Working good character guy that also has tremendous talent, Willis future HOF possibitlity.

If you look at the drops of our recievers during the Minn game Nate would have had even better numbers. The Kid does have amazing talent.

Smith is and should be the starter for now.. With my boy Nate waiting in the wings.
At this time it is very clear that Davis is either headed for the PS, or will be the designated #3 QB. Until/unless such time as Smith or Carr are injured, Davis will not be game eligible. He clearly does not have the understanding of the game to be reliable in the regular season.

Very often kids/people who have a "learning disability" simply have not been taught the discipline necessary to focus and learn. It is a "learning" disability only in that they have not been required to do it. They have been allowed to slide through. In certain cases, when that one thing that want to do is taken away from them, in the case of Nate Davis, play football, all of a sudden the "learning disability" is solved. I believe that is something Singletary understands full well and took Davis to the woodshed in hopes that Davis will use the focus necessary to take advantage of his physical talents.
Originally posted by dj43:
At this time it is very clear that Davis is either headed for the PS, or will be the designated #3 QB. Until/unless such time as Smith or Carr are injured, Davis will not be game eligible. He clearly does not have the understanding of the game to be reliable in the regular season.

Very often kids/people who have a "learning disability" simply have not been taught the discipline necessary to focus and learn. It is a "learning" disability only in that they have not been required to do it. They have been allowed to slide through. In certain cases, when that one thing that want to do is taken away from them, in the case of Nate Davis, play football, all of a sudden the "learning disability" is solved. I believe that is something Singletary understands full well and took Davis to the woodshed in hopes that Davis will use the focus necessary to take advantage of his physical talents.

You my friend are a Moron congatulations
[ Edited by bassmanr on Aug 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by miked1978:
im glad some of you arent in the front office.

Thank you.... He would never clear waivers.
Originally posted by Shaj:
C'mon guys. Just because Sing fooled the media doesnt mean you have to be fooled. verybody loves Nate. the kid did great on his last outing, not statistically but they learned enough to know he wont be # 2 this year but he will be # 1 in the future.
Sing nipped any controversy in the bud and humbled everyone in the room. The press that follows our team are nothing but rehashers or brown-nosers. So, what Sing says, goes.

Sing did fool the media. I think he is doing what he did to Vernon when he banished him to the locker room - calling somebody very talented out and hoping it brings out the best in him in the future. I think this is a management tactic, and a pretty smart one at that.

he is talented but he is cleary not ready did you see what happened when he played against 2nd stringers in game 2 his only good pass was the deep one and everything else was a 3 and out (2 of them were 3 and outs) and on that long pass they still didnt end up scoring face it he can only play against 3rd stringers ( and btw the 1st string offense what alex played with played with nate as well during the drives against the 2nd stringers)
Did OP bump his head? Nate has skills he has shown and would get snapped up in an instant.

That's what's up!!!

You were the one who brought up Smith in this thread, genius.

I told you never call me genius in public - it's embarrassing. And yes I made a Smith/Davis comparison but you and the rest of the Alexcuse posse came and hijacked it! This thread by its very definition is pro-smith, and anti competition. It show ignorance and small ideas inside of a small mind propagated by the media's willingness to destroy any competition to Alex Smith. You call me genuis and I accept... May I call you football feather weight?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Shaj:

he is talented but he is cleary not ready did you see what happened when he played against 2nd stringers in game 2 his only good pass was the deep one and everything else was a 3 and out (2 of them were 3 and outs) and on that long pass they still didnt end up scoring face it he can only play against 3rd stringers ( and btw the 1st string offense what alex played with played with nate as well during the drives against the 2nd stringers)

I don't know how many different ways the same argument can be framed just a little differently? I don't think anybody on this board is calling for Nate to be the starter. I am not an Alex fan but I know that right now, at this moment, Alex gives the niners the best chance to win.

This thread was created because some alex homers were upset that Alex is not getting any love outside of the same homers that have stood by him all of these years.

For myself, this situation is quite simple. If Alex plays the same as he has done for the last several years then I hope the niners get rid of him next offseason and give Nate and whoever they draft next year a chance. I think Nate has the physical tools to be a special QB in the league. The only question mark is how he will perform in a real game.