It's a good 8-8.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
We will be 8-8

That's my take

Dam, no improvement......

It's a good 8-8.

8-8 would probably be good enough for the playoffs this year. But I think we'll be better than that, by quite a bit.
I expect 10 - 12 wins. Niners should definitely sweep the NFC West and win the division title. The obvious games to watch will be against the Saints, Falcons, Eagles, Packers and Chargers. If those are the only loses thats 11-5. Now thats a record we haven't seen in a long while........
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I expect 10 - 12 wins. Niners should definitely sweep the NFC West and win the division title. The obvious games to watch will be against the Saints, Falcons, Eagles, Packers and Chargers. If those are the only loses thats 11-5. Now thats a record we haven't seen in a long while........

we need to beat those teams if we want to win in the playoffs, its about time we beat good teams and not find a way to lose
Are the Falcons really that good. Their schedule was not very impressive in terms of their actual wins. I think that we will pull that game off. I think last year was was a fluke and feel that we were off guard. Our secondary looked weak, but i think it wont happen again for sure.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I totally hear you, but I've been watching pro football for over 50 years, and I'm telling you brother, strange things ALWAYS happen.

Wow. You are OTB!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I totally hear you, but I've been watching pro football for over 50 years, and I'm telling you brother, strange things ALWAYS happen.

Wow. You are OTB!

My dad raised me right...started watching Niner football as a child, and have been hooked ever since.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Wow. You are OTB!

My dad raised me right...started watching Niner football as a child, and have been hooked ever since.

Originally posted by skitzofrenic:
Are the Falcons really that good. Their schedule was not very impressive in terms of their actual wins. I think that we will pull that game off. I think last year was was a fluke and feel that we were off guard. Our secondary looked weak, but i think it wont happen again for sure.

Shaun Hill murdered us that game. His play caused the defense to quit. That game was also embarrassing for Singletary. Do you recall what happened?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by kemp_j:

we need to beat those teams if we want to win in the playoffs, its about time we beat good teams and not find a way to lose

Very true....... I'm a believer!!!

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by 5280High:
10-6 and 11-5 are the most realistic records we can expect. We have the potential to pull off a 12-4 or 13-3 record, but lets face it, this team lays down for an opponent they should beat at least twice a season. And we haven't shown the ability to contain spread offenses like the saints or packers. If games like that turn into a scoring race, you gotta think we won't come out winners, we could but the odds are against us.

Assuming we win one or two we shouldn't and lose two we should of won, 10-6 seems most probable.

I think 9-7 is most probable...

If we had a QB that could carry this team and consistenly make the big play when needed, we'd be a SB contender. I mean that seriously. We have one of the best defenses in the league (definitely good enough to make a deep playoff run), one of the top RBs in the league, one of the best TEs in the league and group of young and talented WRs. We're deep across the board and have a young o-line made up of 1st/2nd rounders that will likely only get better as the season goes on.

The only thing we're missing is a top-tier QB. I pray Alex can be that, but he hasn't shown it yet, so he's the missing piece to this puzzle right now. Unfortunately, it's the key piece to winning a SB...so we'll see how this all plays out.

But we don't... That's why 9-7 is most probable.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints I think we shock the world ( home opener)
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons They play us well
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders

Sun 10/24 @Panthers We beat ourselves
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers I think we will win but now im gettting greedy
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers Tough loss
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

After taking another look at our schedule and a peek at the goings on around the league, I think my original 2010 PYMWYMI record might be a little short.
Is a 13-3 or 12-4 record really that crazy.

I don't think so

Why do people insist we have to lose to good teams? We can beat anybody.

16-0
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by skitzofrenic:

Shaun Hill murdered us that game. His play caused the defense to quit. That game was also embarrassing for Singletary. Do you recall what happened?

i just remember freaking clements missing a tackle on white on a simple comeback route and white taking it 90+ yds i believe. clements got owned that game
10-6 and 11-5 are the most realistic records we can expect. We have the potential to pull off a 12-4 or 13-3 record, but lets face it, this team lays down for an opponent they should beat at least twice a season. And we haven't shown the ability to contain spread offenses like the saints or packers. If games like that turn into a scoring race, you gotta think we won't come out winners, we could but the odds are against us.

Assuming we win one or two we shouldn't and lose two we should of won, 10-6 seems most probable.

If we had a QB that could carry this team and consistenly make the big play when needed, we'd be a SB contender. I mean that seriously. We have one of the best defenses in the league (definitely good enough to make a deep playoff run), one of the top RBs in the league, one of the best TEs in the league and group of young and talented WRs. We're deep across the board and have a young o-line made up of 1st/2nd rounders that will likely only get better as the season goes on.

The only thing we're missing is a top-tier QB. I pray Alex can be that, but he hasn't shown it yet, so he's the missing piece to this puzzle right now. Unfortunately, it's the key piece to winning a SB...so we'll see how this all plays out.

Given our schedule, I think you're selling us a little short...but I wouldn't be absolutely shocked or upset if that happened.

Given our schedule, I think you're selling us a little short...but I wouldn't be absolutely shocked or upset if that happened.

Oh I know I'm selling "us" a little short. No question. On paper you can EASILY predict at most a 12-4 season. But that's on paper. Two different things here. The 49ers always seem to find away to shoot themselves in the foot. Like at winnable games against Seattle last year. I'm trying to be realistic basing my opinion off of last season.

I'd rather be realistic by predicting a 9-7 season and finishing 12-4, than being UNrealistic by predicting a 12-4 season and finishing 9-7. If you know what I mean.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Aug 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone