There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jean-Francois/Franklin

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Emergence? Ive yet to see the man take a regular season snap. Let's see how he plays when it counts and then we can discuss possibilities

Exactly It's pre season folks.
Originally posted by cools:
Keep em both.

Mitchell is looking good also
He needs to get rid of that #60 and take Balmers #96

I was think the same thing the other day.
I like what I've seen and read from Jean. I think he'll develop into a hell of a player for us. Physically, he's as talented as they come. He's a young guy though and had limited reps in college. He seems very motivated and it's translating to the field. If/when Franklin returns, I would love to see Jean slide over split time with Soapoga.

I like Franklin, but I don't think he's as valuable to the team as other do. Sure, we're better with him, but I don't think we lose much with him away.
Originally posted by jta854:
Keep em both.

I was think the same thing the other day.

Agreed
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Why don't we see how RJF plays in real games before we anoint him Franklin's successor?

You guys crack me up, you think RJF is going against sleds out there in preseason?

as long as i dont here anything bad about his play so far works for me.
If we trade Franklin then we are one ankle sprain/concussion/rolled knee from having no depth. Leaving our best defensive player exposed to more hits from O lineman. Ice may be capable but I don't trust him as a NT if Frankling/RJF go down.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Why don't we see how RJF plays in real games before we anoint him Franklin's successor?

You guys crack me up, you think RJF is going against sleds out there in preseason?

as long as i dont here anything bad about his play so far works for me.

You guys crack me up, you don't think that I have been impressed with RJF's play so far? Of course I am, he's shown the talent that he had in college.

But to immediately suggest after TWO preseason games that RJF should jump ahead Franklin on the depth chart is completely ludicrous. Franklin was one of the best DTs in football last year. I need to see what RJF does in REAL games before declaring him our best NT.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Aug 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM ]
Why is it that someone always wants to trade someone for a draft pick when we have a SEEM to have a replacement?

You know how hard it is to find good linemen. As the saying goes "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

1) You don't even know if RJF can play for real yet.
2) 16 games + playoffs if the niners make it are a long a$$ hual. What if there is an injury? Down goes the niners D. Plus, like gore, you want your DT fresh. Both during the game and thrughout the season.
this thread is retarded.
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
this thread is retarded.

so is your well thought out response lol
Keep em both.

LOL Man I was thinking the same thing about him deserving a better number. I liked Khalif Mitchell last year. I'm glad the Niners held on to him because he looks even better this year.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
this thread is retarded.

Daniel, a well thought out response to trading our starting Nose Tackle isn't possible.

The whole thought is....retarded.

It ain't madden, if you have someone who can play the nose in a 3/4 you keep him. If RJF continues to play well, awesome, it gives us a little leverage come contract time and some insurance is Franklin goes down.
[ Edited by pdxredandgold on Aug 25, 2010 at 2:48 PM ]
this thread is retarded.

Daniel, a well thought out response to trading our starting Nose Tackle isn't possible.

It ain't madden, if you have someone who can play the nose in a 3/4 you keep him. If RJF continues to play well, awesome, it gives us a little leverage come contract time and some insurance is Franklin goes down.

please excuse the retarded thread, for a second there, i thought maybe an additional 2nd round pick, would be great considering that i havent seen that much of a drop of at the NT positiion. stupid me lol
this thread is retarded.

please excuse the retarded thread, for a second there, i thought maybe an additional 2nd round pick, would be great considering that i havent seen that much of a drop of at the NT positiion. stupid me lol

And what are the odds that a 2nd round pick will actually end up being as good a player as Franklin? 20%? 30%? NTs rarely make it through the season without getting dinged anyway. We need Franklin this year. RJF coming along is great, but Franklin is a better player right now.
this thread is retarded.

So, lets say we trade Franklin for a second pick and RJF gets hurt? Move Soap over? He really hasn't played all that well on the nose, plus McDonald would move into a starting role at the end and he hasn't been the picture of health throughout his career.

The success of a 3/4 lives and dies with the nose. If we don't have a solid man up front the whole system breaks down. It's just too much risk for a second rounder.
[ Edited by pdxredandgold on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM ]