There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Originally posted by 49ermark:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by 49ermark:
I'm a ASmith hater and I have ever reason to be one after all the s**tty seasons we have had with him at the position... However, I think there is an upside to his waiting 5 years to put it in gear. I like his willingness to keep going no matter what his label is. To me my patience is very low for him and I give him 3-4 games to prove me wrong. So far he has done well with what he has but it is preseason and lets not go to far into this and wait till the 3rd or 4th game to make our decision. This is it for the kid if he yields no results than it's bye bye bye...

Yeah, take your time. Your decision is really important.

I give the guy some props and get slammed for it? ...You homers make me sick - I guess I should say something like Smith Played so well lets make him the next Joe Montana or Steve Young...

lol
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! ohlord] don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

You really enjoy hanging on Nate's nuts don't you

you have been hanging on Alexes for 7 years & where has it gotten us !

43 games PLAYED in (not started). That's 2.6875 seasons.

Damnit 949, Alex is suxorz DOOD, get with the program Nate Davis can throw bombs, who cares if he didnt even complete 50 percent of his passes HE CAN THROW IT 65 YARDS, So you go ahead and Cheer for Alex Smith even though he hasnt done anything in the 7 years he has been here
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
By the way, as soon as we had that false start on 2nd down to put us in 2nd and 13 I knew Raye was going to call draws and runs up the middle.

I think we all did.
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

Man you got some serious reality recognition problems. Nate looked mediocre at best and failed to score a single touchdown. After last night, there is absolutely no doubt that he is the #3 QB. The kid has raw talent, but from what the word is, a poor work ethic, and that will make it even harder for him to get away from playing DB on the practice squad. You need to work on your math too man, Smith was drafted in 2005, which means this is starting his sixth season.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Originally posted by Chief:
7 points in 7 offensive drives.

Meh..

He looked great on the first drive but after that he fizzled and so did the rest of the offense.

I will give him a B, because he earned an A on the first drive and a D for everything after that.

Um, he had 4 drives (excluding the run out the clock at the end of the half), and in one of them, he didn't even attempt a pass. So 3 drives, 7 points.
...and one of those began with a false start, after which Raye took the ball out of his hands.

We all need to realize that Smith was only given one drive with a full play book. In that drive Smith did exactly as would be expected of a winning QB. The rest of the time the coaches were focused on watching individual players competing for starting jobs and roster spots, and Smith's job is in neither of those two categories. Consequently, as is the norm for all teams in pre-season, they kept all the good stuff in the playbook closed - don't want to show other teams any more than they must in order to evaluate players.
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

No Gore, No Crabtree, No Vernon against the Vikings starters is very different than against the Vikings #2's & 3's.

And this is the start of Smith's 6th year . . .
Originally posted by 49erRider:
First drive - A
Rest of game - C+

Overall - B

Yep, noting spectacular just got the job done on that 1st drive. Nothing really happened after that
solid B+

haha u know nothing about football and our team i now no to disregard anything you say
Overall I thought Smith played a solid game, the first drive he was really impressive, converting three third down conversions while taking the ball 70 yards down the field for the 7 points. I thought the rythm of the offense as a whole was a lot better than last week, Smith looked confident, stepping up into the pocket and making accurate (for the most part) passes down field. It was also good to see him use his legs to roll out and make some plays. After the first drive, the third down conversions were harder for them to convert, but if you watched the game then it was obvious the playcalling didn't help him much in those cases. I'm happy with how Alex came out and played, finally he looked like he is playing up to his potential. Good Job Smith!

oh, and I say B+

Ya but he's played more than Aaron Rodgers. That was a pretty interesting graphic they put up yesterday.
Careful now....

This message to Alex Smith supporters: You're starting to post some of the same Alexcuses that got the Bandwagon thread locked.

Resist the DARK SIDE...

He had a great series and then Raye took the car keys away. The Niners weren't going to throw out the whole playbook. They gave us a taste in Drive One and that was enough.

Smith did FINE. But don't start posting that he was "missing that player" or "missing this guy." That's called an Alexcuse.

He was sharp in Drive One. It's all we needed to see.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Careful now....

This message to Alex Smith supporters: You're starting to post some of the same Alexcuses that got the Bandwagon thread locked.

Resist the DARK SIDE...

He had a great series and then Raye took the car keys away. The Niners weren't going to throw out the whole playbook. They gave us a taste in Drive One and that was enough.

Smith did FINE. But don't start posting that he was "missing that player" or "missing this guy." That's called an Alexcuse.

Wasn't it locked due to your trolling?
Originally posted by valrod33:
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! ohlord] don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

Damnit 949, Alex is suxorz DOOD, get with the program Nate Davis can throw bombs, who cares if he didnt even complete 50 percent of his passes HE CAN THROW IT 65 YARDS, So you go ahead and Cheer for Alex Smith even though he hasnt done anything in the 7 years he has been here

I haz an ashaymd.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Careful now....

Resist the DARK SIDE...

Wasn't it locked due to your trolling?

zing!