LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Alex Smith's performance in Game 2 vs Minnesota...

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Okay, I must go into the bathroom draw a warm tub and slit my wrists now. fly15 gave Smith a B.

~Ceadder

Billbird man'ed up and gave Smith props too!
I would have to give him a solid B+. It seemed as after the first drive the coaches wanted to see more of what Dixon could do against a starting defense and a stout running defense at that. Overall I was pretty happy with what I saw.
HES THE MAN!!!

I'll give him an A.

Considering the hand he was dealt with which was lacking the top 3 weapons on offense and run heavy play calling he played it about as well as he could.

The only mistake I saw was a high pass to Ginn but it still was a catchable ball but I still think you put that on the QB.
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
HES THE MAN!!!

• fly15
  • Veteran
Okay, I must go into the bathroom draw a warm tub and slit my wrists now. fly15 gave Smith a B.

~Ceadder

you like me now??
Originally posted by cNiner:
I don't understand what everyone is happy about ? he is been 7 years and this is the second preseaon and no TD ! no explosiveness , look at a 2nd year player 65 yard bomb ! don't tell me no VD, Crap or Gore ! cuz Nate did not have them niether.

How about the three touchdown passes in the second half against Houstan and Green Bay last year. You wouldn't call that explosive? I know the knock will be he hasn't done it enough but he has shown it to us.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for TDilvr.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Smith played well and looked very confident and poised. 5-6 on the first drive with decent play calling and got us on the board, after that the play calling was very vanilla and smith went 4-7

Forgive me if the below commentary has already been pointed out I'm on a time crunch and don't have time to read all of the comments but no one has up to page 4.

There are several comments like the one above and it's a good observation but no one seems to be pointing out the obvious. After reviewing the post game remarks by Sing it is clear he was unimpressed with the run game.

From an offensive standpoint it seems fairly obvious that they wanted to use this game to learn more about 3 main things. Alex's passing since it's been the subject of much discussion as of late as well as his game management skills vs. Minn's starters-a top rated defense. Extra credit earned for playing without his 3 best weapons and still playing well. After the opening drive the focus shifted to the run game which has mixed results and then onto Nate Davis' play against actual NFL players instead of future Costco empolyees.

Those last two items are being discussed in other threads so I'll leave them where they are but had last night's contest been a real game I think SF would have won. Smith looked comfortable, he saw the field and got the pass out to the guys who were making plays for him. Last night was about as worse-case scenario as it will get for AS this year (missing his best weapons x top NFL defense) and he responded well. I probably don't need to point out that SF's starting albeit Franklin-less defense was exciting to watch.
Originally posted by danimal:
How many TD's did he throw?

I would give Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees all single game C's for solid non TD outings. Alex Smith will be no different. A solid C from me.

How many "A's" did you give him last year when he had multiple touchdown passes in games?
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
first drive -

rest of game -

Typical Smith..........inconsistent. But I'll give the homers this one. He came out and led a pretty good drive. We'll see what happens next week.

Inconsistent what?
He completed 69.2% of his passes for crying out loud!
If anybody was inconsistent that would be N.Davis which is not surprising considering he played against better competition for the first time.

Typical haters.........always grasping at something,like imperfections and non truths...

Yeeah!
Our starting QB!
Go Niners!

You always call me a typical hater also, I gave him a (B).

Goood Boooy!

you see?? we can get along....

Totally respect the Objective people like you and Bill in the ACP, (apparently we will get a warning for saying hater now lol).

Now we just need consistency from Alex and webzone can be a happy place full of sunshine and butterflies

Hater...

U 미움...

Pembenci...

憎む人...

Człowiek nienawidzący kogoś coś...

Persoană stăpânită de mânie...

Који мрзи...

Dušmanin...

Hatare...

ผู้เกลียดชัง...

Kinci kimse...

Người ghét...

האַטער...

Not saying that anyone is. But you know if you are.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Aug 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM ]

I'm gonna grade him on a Kindergarten scale. He gets an 'S'.
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
HES THE MAN!!!

AHH..evil twin
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

That would be a star scale. Gold, Silver, Red...

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

well, in that case,

• fly15
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

well, in that case,

dont joke around like that dude, that looks like a cryboy star....
Share 49ersWebzone