There are 230 users in the forums

Patrick Willis's sack on front page of NFL.com and ESPN

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just got back from the Game. I literally lost my voice after Pat sacked old man. And the whole stick was rockin!
willis should've concussed him
the ball clearly left his hand before he hit the floor, BUT they're saying he was in the grasp before the ball came loose.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
the ball clearly left his hand before he hit the floor, BUT they're saying he was in the grasp before the ball came loose.

cuz they blew the whistle as soon as willis touched favre! this isn't two hand touch refs!

we know that Willis is here to play, I want to see how much improvement Staley brings.
I saw an interview at the end of the season last year, and P Willie said that the loss to Minnesota was really tough on the team. We all know that game played a big role in the outcome of the rest of our season. This was not just another preseason sack. I remember feeling so empty after that loss, and I could only imagine what it felt like to the 49ers players. The Vikings are a REALLY GOOD TEAM.

This sack by Willie was sending a message to the Vikings that we havn't forgot about that game. I truly believe that the Vikings don't want to have anything to do with us if we make the playoffs. Favre said that the game against us last year took a big toll on his body. The Vikings don't want any part of the San Francisco 49ers. We match up well against them, and it would be my dream come true if we played them in the playoffs, and gave Favre his final loss. We owe it to him.

P.S. P Willie wasn't happy last year after Favre sprinted down the field after a pass and dove at Willie's legs. Payback baby!!!!!
There's no payback in preseason.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
When they got to him, I was hoping 2 things.

1) Farve would be pulled from the game
2) Everyone would lay off the Farve Life Story.

Can't get it all though.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Originally posted by DarthNiner:

True, but let's send 'em a message: YOU DO NOT WANT ANY PART OF US
It was totally a fumble. The refs blew it dead because it was Favre and they didn't want him getting hurt. They blew it dean as soon as a hand got on him. F Favre.
[ Edited by JBatta49erfansince81 on Aug 23, 2010 at 7:24 AM ]
Sending Willis was a memo to Favre...your miracle throw to beat us last season left a sour taste in our mouths.
  • ZRF80
If we had challenged it, it would have been have been reversed. But WHO the hell challenges in preseason ?

With that said, its clear that Favre will be a MAJOR target this upcoming season. I think a lot of players are fed up with his antics, and they want to make sure that this is, INDEED, his final season.

I dont think the Vikings stand a chance this year...........
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
It was totally a fumble. The refs blew it dean because it was Favre and they didn't want him getting hurt. They blew it dean as soon as a hand got on him. F Favre.

Favre Rules:

1.) If the QB is sacked and drops the ball on the way to the ground, he shall be deemed "down by contact."
2.) If the QB is in the grasp and throws a complete pass, then he was not "in the grasp."
3.) If the QB is in the grasp and he fumbles or throws an interception, then he was "in the grasp."
4.) If the QB runs down the field and piles on to a big name linebacker, it shall be celebrated far and wide as a shining example of toughness, grit, and "love of the game."
5.) If the linebacker runs down the field and piles on the QB, it shall be deemed "unsportsman-like conduct."
[ Edited by Lifer on Aug 23, 2010 at 9:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone