There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Alex calling out VD and Crabs

Originally posted by danimal:
I don't think Alex has ever really had any command of this team. With his personality, only superior play would have gained him a General role. So he has 2 strikes against him. He has never really played lights out, and is pretty passive.

And I totally agree with his comments, but when the public gets to hear comments like that, it means he is losing his team even more, not gaining them.

Seriously? No, really. Is that a joke? What if it was the other way around? You'd say the same frickin' thing. This kid can't win with you guys. That comment is a hilarious, yet abundantly accurate view of many fans completely illogical placement of Alex into the lose-lose scenario where nothing he does can be seen in a positive light.

For the kid's sake, and for our team, I hope he shuts everyone up with a stellar season, eliminating any future comments like that.
I hope he shuts us up too. But this is definitely his last chance to do so.
Its true...he's not calling anyone out...just telling it as it is!!!
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Smith calling out VD and Crabs.

That's like Rosie O'Donnell calling out Giselle Bundchen at a fashion show.

Now, now Shaj. Let's not upset the natives.

says the man who said Alex didn't have one good game all last season.

Look, we get it you guys despise, loathe, deplore Alex Smith.

But here is the little fact that none of you "realist" seem to understand. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE GIVES A s**t!

For the love of all that is good, give it a rest already, you guys are worse than the IRS. You never take a day off, not even on holidays with your anti-Smith campaign. And for what? Is it for some greater good that you must perpetually rain on others parades? Do you think your point hasn't been made loud and clear at this point?

There is absolutely nothing new that can be said at this point, so lets have a cease fire shall we? When the games matter again we will all have our answer(s). And all this bluster will be rendered meaningless, as if it weren't already. Until then, please, relax a little, its a long off season and this s**t just makes it even longer.

for the first few years after Smith got drafted, esp in year 1, skeptics like me, ZRF80, and Billl were treated like gays at an Islamic press conference in Iran. Now that we are unfortunately and regrettably villified, we're being told to keep our traps shut again, while people get excited that Smith is doing something in his 5th year that Sanchez probably did in pre-season last year with his WR's, before his first NFL snap?

Yes, until something actually happens. All the back and forth between the two sides on what has happened in the past is irrelevant. The few who try and forewarn others about what is going to happen? Foolish. They do not know what is going to happen this season, same as me or you. Its much ado about nothing, because what happens when you are proven wrong? You and the like sheepishly admit how you were wrong in the gameday thread with a "Go Niners " at the, and then all is forgiven?

You are polluting the board, there is nothing anyone can do to change your mind, not even Alex Smith himself. Anything positive he accomplished last year is quickly dismissed, with a "what have you done for me lately?" attitude, and a heavy dose of revisionist history (see: b, billbird). All the positive steps this offseason brushed off with a simple "Don't tell me. Show me" (he IS showing you!), or a "Yeah, he does it in (insert OTAs/Mini/Training Camp)." Of course you harp on every negative thing he does, then don't understand why people are irritated at the double standard.

When the regular season starts, if, if, Alex struggles you will be completely justified to shout from the rooftops your disappointment, with as much anger and vitriol as you can muster. But, until then considering the fact that it is proven there is nothing Alex can do to change your mind, please, do us all a favor and step down from the soapbox.

I've been in corporate America for 16 years now. I've noticed one singular, consistent attribute of successful executives in business: they have zero tolerance for excuses, and accept nothing less than winning. This is the ONLY attribute they have in common, and I've worked with scores of them. It's the only thing I know in business.

I share this because the NFL is a business, and you'd be hard pressed to convince me that Lombardi, Eddie D, Walsh, and other greats had the complacency that this board exhibits with piss poor results. They had this same intolerance for ineptitude and excuses. That's what made them great. It's funny that when anyone here embodies these characteristics, it's now considered "pollution" and "hating". It used be known as a commitment to excellence in our organization. Oh how far we have moved away from that now.... from ownership to even the fan base.

If you want me to blindly follow and support something in the face of data that screams otherwise, that is called religion, and I don't need it. I'm a fan, not a fanatic.

Isn't that what a fan means?
Reading Alex Smith threads is like pounding your head against a wall for 10 straight minutes.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I personally would just like him to start playing better instead acting like he's growing a pair.

You don't think those things might be complimentary, though?

Regardless, you're treating them like they're mutually exclusive, and they definitely aren't.

LoL at people hating Smith enough to complain about him taking ownership.
dont tell me show me NOW!!!
Originally posted by defenderDX:

That face bothers me...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I don't think Alex has ever really had any command of this team. With his personality, only superior play would have gained him a General role. So he has 2 strikes against him. He has never really played lights out, and is pretty passive.

And I totally agree with his comments, but when the public gets to hear comments like that, it means he is losing his team even more, not gaining them.

Please explain how this is true?

Because healthy relationships are handled directly. In house ya know. This basic fact of life applies to all things...not just football, nor does it magically not apply in the NFL.

You have to ask yourself Why Memphis? Why would Alex have to make a comment like this to a reporter, even in the form of a response to a question. The conclusion I come up with is he has unresolved concerns.

Ah, I see, I submit that you are willfully taking this out of context Dan, and respectfully disagree with your assessment of the situation.

[ Edited by Memphis9er on Aug 20, 2010 at 13:36:02 ]
Faulk alecks smifff
Originally posted by Jakemall:

But here is the little fact that none of you "realist" seem to understand. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE GIVES A s**t!

For the love of all that is good, give it a rest already, you guys are worse than the IRS. You never take a day off, not even on holidays with your anti-Smith campaign. And for what? Is it for some greater good that you must perpetually rain on others parades? Do you think your point hasn't been made loud and clear at this point?

There is absolutely nothing new that can be said at this point, so lets have a cease fire shall we? When the games matter again we will all have our answer(s). And all this bluster will be rendered meaningless, as if it weren't already. Until then, please, relax a little, its a long off season and this s**t just makes it even longer.

for the first few years after Smith got drafted, esp in year 1, skeptics like me, ZRF80, and Billl were treated like gays at an Islamic press conference in Iran. Now that we are unfortunately and regrettably villified, we're being told to keep our traps shut again, while people get excited that Smith is doing something in his 5th year that Sanchez probably did in pre-season last year with his WR's, before his first NFL snap?

Yes, until something actually happens. All the back and forth between the two sides on what has happened in the past is irrelevant. The few who try and forewarn others about what is going to happen? Foolish. They do not know what is going to happen this season, same as me or you. Its much ado about nothing, because what happens when you are proven wrong? You and the like sheepishly admit how you were wrong in the gameday thread with a "Go Niners " at the, and then all is forgiven?

You are polluting the board, there is nothing anyone can do to change your mind, not even Alex Smith himself. Anything positive he accomplished last year is quickly dismissed, with a "what have you done for me lately?" attitude, and a heavy dose of revisionist history (see: b, billbird). All the positive steps this offseason brushed off with a simple "Don't tell me. Show me" (he IS showing you!), or a "Yeah, he does it in (insert OTAs/Mini/Training Camp)." Of course you harp on every negative thing he does, then don't understand why people are irritated at the double standard.

When the regular season starts, if, if, Alex struggles you will be completely justified to shout from the rooftops your disappointment, with as much anger and vitriol as you can muster. But, until then considering the fact that it is proven there is nothing Alex can do to change your mind, please, do us all a favor and step down from the soapbox.

I've been in corporate America for 16 years now. I've noticed one singular, consistent attribute of successful executives in business: they have zero tolerance for excuses, and accept nothing less than winning. This is the ONLY attribute they have in common, and I've worked with scores of them. It's the only thing I know in business.

I share this because the NFL is a business, and you'd be hard pressed to convince me that Lombardi, Eddie D, Walsh, and other greats had the complacency that this board exhibits with piss poor results. They had this same intolerance for ineptitude and excuses. That's what made them great. It's funny that when anyone here embodies these characteristics, it's now considered "pollution" and "hating". It used be known as a commitment to excellence in our organization. Oh how far we have moved away from that now.... from ownership to even the fan base.

If you want me to blindly follow and support something in the face of data that screams otherwise, that is called religion, and I don't need it. I'm a fan, not a fanatic.

It is, it just doesn't occur to him. Definition of Fan

Moreover, the business man of 16 years fails to realize that while football is a business, he is on the very bottom rung of it, and welcome to drop off if he is unhappy with how it is run, just as any stockholder is free to sell off his shares if his confidence in the product is wavering. But I imagine he likes to whine and complain and make blanket statements proclaiming his ignorance to the fact that situations are fluid and subject (in football no less than in everyday life) to change, so why waste the effort to reason with an unreasonable individual?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

It is, it just doesn't occur to him. Definition of Fan

Moreover, the business man of 16 years fails to realize that while football is a business, he is on the very bottom rung of it, and welcome to drop off if he is unhappy with how it is run, just as any stockholder is free to sell off his shares if his confidence in the product is wavering. But I imagine he likes to whine and complain and make blanket statements proclaiming his ignorance to the fact that situations are fluid and subject (in football no less than in everyday life) to change, so why waste the effort to reason with an unreasonable individual?

Memphis, did you see my post on page 6?
Alex haters have painted themselves into a lose/lose situation. They are now so ego invested in his failure that if he succeeds, they cannot enjoy with glee the team's wins. They will suffer the humiliation of being wrong. On the other hand, if Alex fails, they may be able to take delight in his failure, but it probably means that their beloved team has lost. But I have no sympathy for them.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Alex haters have painted themselves into a lose/lose situation. They are now so ego invested in his failure that if he succeeds, they cannot enjoy with glee the team's wins. They will suffer the humiliation of being wrong. On the other hand, if Alex fails, they may be able to take delight in his failure, but it probably means that their beloved team has lost. But I have no sympathy for them.

I don't think so. I think this is one time they want to be wrong. I'm pretty sure if you ask all of them, they would be willing to admit they were wrong if he succeeds
saying this again cuz it seems u are all arguing over something else

i dont think he's calling them out so much as he's calling out the training/coaching staff to stop p***yfooting with them and let them play/practice.