LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

All Eyes On Nate Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
If Nate takes the #2 job I'll be happy. If Alex effs up, f**k it, plug him in there. Carr can get the third.

Nate needs the snaps, I'm glad they see that.

+1

MAKES PERFECT SENSE...
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
If Nate takes the #2 job I'll be happy. If Alex effs up, f**k it, plug him in there. Carr can get the third.

Nate needs the snaps, I'm glad they see that.

+1

MAKES PERFECT SENSE...

I agree with you.. Nate Davis looks damn good for play and natural to threw for good.. He is impress with team his leader!! Looks good to effort with team for wins.. I think, i feel that i like Nate Davis alot right now..
I've been a supporter of Nate Davis since last preseason. He showed me in 4 preseason games what Alex Smith hasn't done consistently since he's been here: Accuracy, Touch, Escapability, and the ability to keep plays alive when there's nothing there initially. Coach Bill Walsh would have high praise for Davis because of all his intangibles. He has that sixth sense of feeling pressure and knowing when to step up in the pocket or move from side to side, something Smith can't do in every game, almost looking too statue like. Smith just doesn’t have IT, Nate Davis has that IT factor.
ivw been on nate davis bandwagon ever since he got drafted
I became another one of his supporters after watching him play last year in the pre-season. It looks like he has a good feel for being in the pocket and seems good at avoiding pressure. He's got an arm that make most throws and he puts a nice touch on his throws. I have been anxiously waiting to see him get tested against some stiffer oppenents and it finally looks like that will happen. I hope he does well enough to challenge Carr for the back-up spot.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 19, 2010 at 18:20:24 ]
We need one of those acute Joe Flacco situations where the starter gets a 5-week injury (nothing serious though), and the #2 gets a case of the flu so the 3rd stringer can come in and take us to the playoffs.

Seriously, nobody can imagine a greater scenario, Alex Smith and David Carr's mediocrity are no match for an instinctual raw talent who honestly shows and ACTUAL potential to work through his mistakes.
Lol calm down guys he hasn't done squat yet
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

this.

plus his madden ranking isn't that high.. so he can't be that good right?
  • TIM_
  • Veteran
Davis is not ready to start yet but he has the most natural talent of the 3 QB's that will be on the 53.
Nate learns by DOING,so the more he plays the better he will get and the more he will learn.
It sure looks like behind closed doors the staff has as much concern about alex as the fans and all the experts have .
Lets hope we see the "new and improved" Alex real soon ! He needs to start showing much better this week and start building towards the regular season opener . If he looks as poor as last week into the reghular season,at least Carr looked good enough to take over and do well,and Davis looks like we have a possible stud for the future !
I am glad the Niners have finally come around and have in the last 2 years put a plan B and plan C (and even a plan C,with E. Brown),into effect.We finally have some good talent behind Alex for the first time since he was drafted,so that if he continues to fail,the team will be fine into the future without him.
Hold your horses! Many of you who have got yourself jacked up on Nate were also once on the Hill and/or JTO bandwagons.

If we need 100% knowledge about a QB in order to arrive at a complete and accurate analysis of his quality, then so far we probably have only been exposed to 20% of what we need to know about him.

He must still demonstrate how he would do during a complete season, against the first strings of some very good defenses and defensive coordinators. Then we would need to see how he performs in pressure games like the playoffs. There have been many QBs with all of the physical talents one could ask for, but they just couldn't deliver the goods when it mattered. So cool your jets.

However, I am curious about how he would do against a better defense.

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

this.

plus his madden ranking isn't that high.. so he can't be that good right?

He's a 99 in my madden
Nate Davis Comfortable at QB (49ers.com)
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Nate Davis is going to play against one of the best defenses in the league. If he plays well and PUTS POINT ON THE BOARD, I say he should be the starter. And eventhough Singletary denies it, there is definently a quarterback controversy. What other team gives the THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK take reps with the first team?

Not going to happen.

I'm as big a Nate Davis fan as there is on this board, and even I realize that the only way Nate starts over Alex is if Smith gets hurt or if he completely and totally stinks it up week after week. I can definitely see Davis taking over at #2...IF, he plays well against 1's/2's. That is a possibility.

But as for starting...we won't see that happening anytime soon, IMO.
This
So is Nate starting against the Vikings or what?
Originally posted by PTulini:
Nate Davis Comfortable at QB (49ers.com)

so going from facing 3rd-4th stringers to maybe facing the Vikings starting front 4

BRING IT!
Share 49ersWebzone