All Eyes On Nate Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersrgolden:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
dude played crappy last preseason.

Don't expect much.

Dude doesn't know the system just yet.

i think he played well in preseason that cowboy win was a good one to me

When he threw those picks last year, people were almost disappointed that he did , expecting the next Peyton.

I'm in the same boat with the Smith talk, though.

If he doesn't get us to the playoffs or even a game close to it down the wire, we need to move on or something.

HOWEVER,

with Singletarys' trigger finger at pulling qb's right away when they blow, the odds are stacked against A.Smith IMO.
Most overrated on the WZ. If Alex doesn't work out this year we need a new QB. One who isn't currently on the roster.

Don't expect much.

When he threw those picks last year, people were almost disappointed that he did , expecting the next Peyton.

If he doesn't get us to the playoffs or even a game close to it down the wire, we need to move on or something.

HOWEVER,

with Singletarys' trigger finger at pulling qb's right away when they blow, the odds are stacked against A.Smith IMO.

I really hope he becomes a legit starter or were in trouble no playoffs maybe no sing or alex?

Don't expect much.

Not trying to add to the potential controversy but Davis outplayed Smith last pre-season if I am not mistaken. I know, I know...against whom??

I have a feeling he will outplay Smith Sunday also. I hope he literally lights them up so that management and coaching staff are forced to move him up to #2 and tighten the reins on Smith.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Don't expect much.

Not trying to add to the potential controversy but Davis outplayed Smith last pre-season if I am not mistaken. I know, I know...against whom??

I have a feeling he will outplay Smith Sunday also. I hope he literally lights them up so that management and coaching staff are forced to move him up to #2 and tighten the reins on Smith.

Carr stayed in the pocket to long to me... again i dident see the game just a recap but he played good he helped us get 20 right?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Most overrated on the WZ. If Alex doesn't work out this year we need a new QB. One who isn't currently on the roster.

Read the post without seeing your name; knew it was you. You are not an uplifting, positive fan, even when you see uplifting, positve things

Don't expect much.

HOWEVER,

Not sure what you were watching but Davis was easily our best lookin QB last preseason and threw only one pick against the Chargers. Why are you against Davis if you think Smith Blows? We need to see what else we have
I'm starting to think this move is more to find out what Nate isn't rather than what he is. From Nate's comments, he seems to be thinking of himself as a gameday QB over a practice player due to his "success" in preseason. This move will probably bring him back to focus on learning the system rather than thinking he can wing it once the game begins.

They know he hasn't mastered enough plays to garner any serious thought yet.

Raye's playing Dr. Evil in order to crush these murmurings he is probably hearing about Nate.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm starting to think this move is more to find out what Nate isn't rather than what he is. From Nate's comments, he seems to be thinking of himself as a gameday QB over a practice player due to his "success" in preseason. This move will probably bring him back to focus on learning the system rather than thinking he can wing it once the game begins.

Raye's playing Dr. Evil in order to crush these murmurings he is probably hearing about Nate.

Whats wrong with that talk, I like it from my QB. Reminds me of the confidence Aaron Rodgers had coming out, not like Alex's "um we might struggle its a learning experience b.s."

And what if he doesnt struggle? I think this move is more of a lack of faith in Alex.

[ Edited by LeadFarmer on Aug 19, 2010 at 11:28:01 ]
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Whats wrong with that talk, I like it from my QB. Reminds me of the confidence Aaron Rodgers had coming out, not like Alex's "um we might struggle its a learning experience b.s."

And what if he doesnt struggle? I think this move is more of a lack of faith in Alex.

Scotty thought rodgers was to small to be a starting qb he passed on d jac for the same reason i think oh well hes seattles prob

• Nes49
  • Veteran

Don't expect much.

HOWEVER,

Tony.....Nate was a rookie last year...I'm hoping time will be good the Nate.

Don't expect much.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your retardeder than nate
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He is impressive playing against 3rd stringers and people who won't be on NFL rosters in the middle of September. If the coaching staff thought he was ready for the next step I am sure he would get a few first half snaps in preseason games. If he was close to being ready the 49ers would not have picked up a shell shocked reject like David Carr. He is a long way off, be patient.
This is so cool because I've seen Nate play high school ball! It was what you would expect to watch...Man against boys..Good Luck Nate!
Originally posted by BobS:
He is impressive playing against 3rd stringers and people who won't be on NFL rosters in the middle of September. If the coaching staff thought he was ready for the next step I am sure he would get a few first half snaps in preseason games. If he was close to being ready the 49ers would not have picked up a shell shocked reject like David Carr. He is a long way off, be patient.

Ummm...that's what this thread is based on. The coaches are going to give him snaps earlier in pre-season games.
Share 49ersWebzone