There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

All Eyes On Nate Davis

I thought that I recently read that Singletary said he would likely be going against the NO 2's perhaps in the Vikings game.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Nate Davis is going to play against one of the best defenses in the league. If he plays well and PUTS POINT ON THE BOARD, I say he should be the starter. And eventhough Singletary denies it, there is definently a quarterback controversy. What other team gives the THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK take reps with the first team?

Qb controversy!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49ershater:
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
Originally posted by 49ershater:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by 49ershater:
I hate 49ers and I don't like your postings and Tupac come on he sucks lame ass rapper just delete your account. When was the last time 49ers even went to the superbowl PLEASE get over yourself football and life. If you follow failure you become a failure!!!!! I have ben following your postings and you always sayin some dumb homes

did you get any kind of education of any sort????
WTF are u saying in your post you Cowpuke you must hate to read Cowgirl blogs cuz they are booring as f*ck & since your in here face it deep inside your a 49ers fan thats why you opened a account

read over your statements b4 you post cuz bro you dont make sense at all


I got an account to wake you the f*** up because cowboys are the best team in the whole NFL and TOny Romo is the best QB. I mean dooooooooooooo you have any education b****. First off anyone with common sense can see that 49ers are losers and they are not going anywhere. You choose to ignore the fact that they haven't been to the superbowl in like forever bro. Second SMITH is a gay f**k that is ruining it for you. Without T.O. your team ain't s**t. He is the greatest, i mean f*** it, he was the damn team who the hell do you have now?

Tony Romo? I'm not convinced he's even the best QB in the NFC East.

really? don't hate he a true ladies man and he knows what he is doing in the field you cant say that about Smith. Tony always comes thru!

just like he did with the seahawks at the wildcard? just like the divisional round against the giants? just like the vikings in the playoffs last year? he really does come thru
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
I thought that I recently read that Singletary said he would likely be going against the NO 2's perhaps in the Vikings game.

I think he is going to come in the 2nd qtr...and there is a chance the Vikes starters will still be out there...kind of like when David Carr was facing some Colts starters when he first entered.
Doubt he's gonna face 1st stringers...most likely gonna come in when Carr normally would.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
I thought that I recently read that Singletary said he would likely be going against the NO 2's perhaps in the Vikings game.

I think he is going to come in the 2nd qtr...and there is a chance the Vikes starters will still be out there...kind of like when David Carr was facing some Colts starters when he first entered.

That would be great I would love to see him go up against the 1st and 2nd stringers.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Nate Davis is going to play against one of the best defenses in the league. If he plays well and PUTS POINT ON THE BOARD, I say he should be the starter. And eventhough Singletary denies it, there is definently a quarterback controversy. What other team gives the THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK take reps with the first team?

Its kind of the elephant in the room. They say its nothing etc, but if he really plays exceptional, they are going to have to start to consider some things.
Yes, you need a play book with more than 10 plays in it in the NFL, but at the same time, you can't deny raw talent when it is glistening there light a Christmas tree in the middle of a dark forest.

I don't really know if its possible for him to become our starter before the first game of the season, unless Smith looks absolutely awful at the same time, but its possible that they would put him at number two and then see how the season goes.

Nate Davis throws as beautiful a ball as can be thrown from both the pocket and on the move, it looks absolutely effortless and a work of art, and his instincts are hard-wired and natural. He might have problems memorizing the play book, but he is about as pure a quarterback talent as they come. And as Jimmy Raye said it himself, "One thing that he does... He hits open receivers".

If he had a photographic memory, he would have been the number one overall selection in the draft.
Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Steve Young all had really nice throwing motions, but I can't remember seeing a throwing arm as effortless and sublime as Nate Davis's.

I agree with that. Couldn't have said it better. Nate's ability is uncanny.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Nate Davis Comfortable at QB (49ers.com)

so going from facing 3rd-4th stringers to maybe facing the Vikings starting front 4


BRING IT!

doubt the Vikes 1st string D stays in any longer than a series or two. Davis wont be in any earlier than 3rd series.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
doubt the Vikes 1st string D stays in any longer than a series or two. Davis wont be in any earlier than 3rd series.

I think I saw Brady deep into the second quarter yesterday. 2nd preseason game seems like a lot of starters are going deep into the 2nd quarter
I dont think this is fair to Nate:

1. He doesnt get to play with Gore Davis and Crabs
2. The o-lines not that great
3. Hes only had the same coordinator for 2 seasons

J/k no excuses play like a champion Nate
I think Nate's appearance will be predicated on Alex Smith's play to start off the game.

If Alex turns in another horrible performance in the first couple of series -- look for Singletary to leave him in for a little longer than expected.

If he pulls Smith after another lackluster peformance -- and Nate comes in and lights it up -- Singletary will have a full-blown QB controversey on his hands and he knows it.

I don't think the Niners want that. I think the powers that be would perfer to see Alex light it up and cement his hold on the starting job.

But Nate's playing time really does depend on how well Alex plays -- or how badly he plays.

We'll find out Sunday night.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think Nate's appearance will be predicated on Alex Smith's play to start off the game.

If Alex turns in another horrible performance in the first couple of series -- look for Singletary to leave him in for a little longer than expected.

If he pulls Smith after another lackluster peformance -- and Nate comes in and lights it up -- Singletary will have a full-blown QB controversey on his hands and he knows it.

I don't think the Niners want that. I think the powers that be would perfer to see Alex light it up and cement his hold on the starting job.

But Nate's playing time really does depend on how well Alex plays -- or how badly he plays.

We'll find out Sunday night.

Ya think
Davis will out perform Smith. Then everyone will say, "Yea but smith was playing against all the starters waaaaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaa, etc etc..."
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think Nate's appearance will be predicated on Alex Smith's play to start off the game.

If Alex turns in another horrible performance in the first couple of series -- look for Singletary to leave him in for a little longer than expected.

If he pulls Smith after another lackluster peformance -- and Nate comes in and lights it up -- Singletary will have a full-blown QB controversey on his hands and he knows it.

I don't think the Niners want that. I think the powers that be would perfer to see Alex light it up and cement his hold on the starting job.

But Nate's playing time really does depend on how well Alex plays -- or how badly he plays.

We'll find out Sunday night.

Ya think

Yeah I do -- but on the other hand -- they've got to know (by they I mean Singletary and the powers that be). It would be unfair to the team to leave a guy in at QB who isn't going to get the job done.

So -- while they would prefer to see Alex light it up (and yes, so would I, but my feelings on this are well documented) -- Singletary needs to know if he's got a real QB on his roster or if further shakeup is needed.

This team is just one key player from being a very good team. I will agree that our talent level is sky high. We're just waiting for that one spark to set them all off in unison.

I still think a trade at some point before the season starts is not out of the question.