There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

All Eyes On Nate Davis

The fans have spoken and we have been answered. Nate will soon shut up the supporters or non supporters. He is set to get "meaningful" snaps and he will facing nfl starters with Raye's qb shuffle in preseason. I'm excited to see what he can do. I've been on the Nate bandwagon and it feels good to see that he's been making some progress and good impressions. What do you guys think?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,222
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
The fans have spoken and we have been answered. Nate will soon shut up the supporters or non supporters. He is set to get "meaningful" snaps and he will facing nfl starters with Raye's qb shuffle in preseason. I'm excited to see what he can do. I've been on the Nate bandwagon and it feels good to see that he's been making some progress and good impressions. What do you guys think?

bout f'n time. This past week makes it seem that the front office visits NT!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bout f'n time. This past week makes it seem that the front office visits NT!

Can you complain though......?
Give the guy a shot. We are pushing a decade of losing. I'm all for the best guy to pull the trigger, be it Alex, Carr or Nate. If Nate does make it I think the majority of fans would gladly accept it.
I've been on this bandwagon too. I feel like with Davis, he's a guy who has the ability to make things happen (so much more than when Ive watched Alex develop these past 6 years) on the field, no matter what hes faced. I see a factor that he has, and its making things happen when theres nothing happening.

Hes very smart on the field and puts his body in position to keep plays alive-like rothlisberger-but more intuitive to release the pass even when hes on the move. His abilities with comfort in the pocket and awareness are superior I think.

His release is just as quick as the best in the league, and with accurate throws that hes very capable of making, he can succeed against 1st string defenses.

Im believing in Alex having a breakout year, but Im MORE excited to hear that Davis is getting more playing time because, overall, I think Nate Davis is a better quarterback than Alex Smith
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,125
This has got to be good! Give the kid a chance in the preseason to see what he can do. What i like about Nate, is his composer in the pocket. He hangs in there and looks downfield and throws a good ball.
Nate continues to impress. I don't expect him to start for the niners this year but his time is coming.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I've been on this bandwagon too. I feel like with Davis, he's a guy who has the ability to make things happen (so much more than when Ive watched Alex develop these past 6 years) on the field, no matter what hes faced. I see a factor that he has, and its making things happen when theres nothing happening.

Hes very smart on the field and puts his body in position to keep plays alive-like rothlisberger-but more intuitive to release the pass even when hes on the move. His abilities with comfort in the pocket and awareness are superior I think.

His release is just as quick as the best in the league, and with accurate throws that hes very capable of making, he can succeed against 1st string defenses.

Im believing in Alex having a breakout year, but Im MORE excited to hear that Davis is getting more playing time because, overall, I think Nate Davis is a better quarterback than Alex Smith

My thoughts exactly. Well put.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I've been on this bandwagon too. I feel like with Davis, he's a guy who has the ability to make things happen (so much more than when Ive watched Alex develop these past 6 years) on the field, no matter what hes faced. I see a factor that he has, and its making things happen when theres nothing happening.

Hes very smart on the field and puts his body in position to keep plays alive-like rothlisberger-but more intuitive to release the pass even when hes on the move. His abilities with comfort in the pocket and awareness are superior I think.

His release is just as quick as the best in the league, and with accurate throws that hes very capable of making, he can succeed against 1st string defenses.

Im believing in Alex having a breakout year, but Im MORE excited to hear that Davis is getting more playing time because, overall, I think Nate Davis is a better quarterback than Alex Smith

I for the most part agree, but despite how he's looked so far I do not think he is ready to start in the regular season. It has nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with his knowledge of the playbook. If you think Raye is predictable now, wait until he has to limit himself to 1/3 of his playbook.
That said, I think it is pretty clear he has some game. He seems to have the intangibles, like feeling the pocket, and making something happen after a play breaks down. He's got a nice strong and seemingly accurate arm.
I am excited to see what he can do against first stringers, but I think it's more of an audition to be the #2 qb than it is to start this year. And to see more of what we have for next year if Smith can't step up.
It'll be interesting.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
The fans have spoken and we have been answered. Nate will soon shut up the supporters or non supporters. He is set to get "meaningful" snaps and he will facing nfl starters with Raye's qb shuffle in preseason. I'm excited to see what he can do. I've been on the Nate bandwagon and it feels good to see that he's been making some progress and good impressions. What do you guys think?

I think the Nate supporters are going to over-inflate every completion that he makes. I think the Smith lovers are going to feel threatened by any Success that Nate has and in turn refuse to admit any improvements that Nate may bring to our team.
I think Carr supporters are going to accept whatever success or failures Nate may have.

Last but not least, I think the truth to Nate's ability will fall somewhere in between all these opinions...
Originally posted by English:
It'll be interesting.

Most definitely.
Feels like Nate Davis is the last hope! I'm rootin for him