There are 319 users in the forums

Alex Smith Extension?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith Extension?

Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Hall of Fame.

That's what it would take in the eyes of many 9er fans. They could care less about winning now. They want the man gone, even if it meant we would be on another 5 year track.

However, why is this even a thread now? Let's revisit this mid way through the season or even at the end of it.

~Ceadder

If you don't like the thread, your welcome to GTFO!

There is a lot of idiotic posts in this thread. Last time I checked, though, people were entitled to express their opinions here.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
I would say all of the above except the 10 int thing.

agree
Quote:
The most interesting visuals occurred at the conclusion of practice. Quarterback Alex Smith, receivers Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan and Ted Ginn, running back Frank Gore and tight end Vernon Davis formed a circle and spent about 10 minutes just talking after practice. At the end of their confab, they put their hands together like a basketball team breaking a huddle after a timeout. Then, Smith walked off the field to meet up with his agent, Tom Condon, who was speaking with 49ers chief negotiator Paraag Marathe. "Did you get anything done?" Smith asked light-heartedly. Smith is entering the final year of his contract. Condon is on a tour visiting many of his clients during training camp. Both sides seem to agree on one thing -- serious negotiations on a possible Smith contract extension will be put on hold until the conclusion of the season.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/26/10/49ers-Camp-Report-Practice-31/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=298629&feedID=5936

/thread
pretty obvious that his future with us depends on the outcome of this season. We have a pretty talented team and if smith doesn't pull through, we need to get a QB that will utilize that talent ASAP!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
pretty obvious that his future with us depends on the outcome of this season. We have a pretty talented team and if smith doesn't pull through, we need to get a QB that will utilize that talent ASAP!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by jreff22:
MaioccoCSN

Spoke to Tom Condon, Alex Smith's agent, who's making tour to visit clients. Smith-49ers negotiations won't take place until after season.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

I think the only team that might be interested would be the Chargers. You think anyone wants to wait another 4+ years for this slow offense learning muthaf**ka to finally cash in and play QB?

Ship him to Seattle....
really doesnt matter anymore, its almost 2012 we need to win SB fast
I find it interesting that for some reason, everyone is for the most part supporting alex because of his work ethic, his attitude and his team first mentality, but at the end of the day we just aren't sure we can depend on him to lead the team....

It seems like a franchise quarterback would give you that confidence of, hey no big deal, a few bad throws, one bad game...no body questions it, like w/ mcnabb, or brady, or manning...but w/ alex it's like "oh no, bring in Carr, Bring in Davis...he's done"

I think that if Alex can do what he did last year when he came in during the Texans game....I remember watching that game...I was like, "who the crap is that guy?" no one expected that...and it gave us hope....

we'll see
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
I would say all of the above except the 10 int thing.

agree

Yes, answer A, C, and D.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Hall of Fame.

That's what it would take in the eyes of many 9er fans. They could care less about winning now. They want the man gone, even if it meant we would be on another 5 year track.

However, why is this even a thread now? Let's revisit this mid way through the season or even at the end of it.

~Ceadder

If you don't like the thread, your welcome to GTFO!

you're*

Thank you for the correction, I didn't realize I had to cater to any dictionary perverts that may be prowling the webzone.

well guess what? you DO

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Chief:
I say we tamper with Manning or Brady and let Smith become a FA.

Can you imagine one of those guys in this offense?

That aside, (since it won't happen.), I hope Alex Smith proves me wrong and is a great QB, because I think even though he is a nice, smart kid.. He is just an average NFL QB.

**crosses fingers**

I was watching the Pats preseason game yesterday. Brady threw this beautiful pass from the 10-15 yard line to the endzone, just behind his receiver and defender....but so that only his receiver could make the catch. And all I could think about was how Alex Smith could not pull off that kind of pass.

Its amazing. The 49ers are actually a Superbowl contender if we had a legit QB. Imagine Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or even Aaron Rodgers behind center. We'd probably be one of the top choices this year with Minn. and NO.

One player can make your team an instant pretender. It's a shame that a roster that boasts so much probowl talent (Willis, Gore, VD, and prob Crabtree) can barely crawl out of the worst division in the league.

Damn shame...............

As much as I hate to say it, it's true. And I'm an Alex Smith believer. And follower.

I can be a follower and not be biased at the same time.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
MaioccoCSN

Spoke to Tom Condon, Alex Smith's agent, who's making tour to visit clients. Smith-49ers negotiations won't take place until after season.

As it should be. I believe that (Alex) is a vital piece of the puzzle, but extending him RIGHT NOW would just be a mistake.[/i]
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Felt this picture was appropriate for this thread. Slapped it together a while ago just for shiggles.

the big pic looks like he just threw a pic lol. gotta find a pic of him doing something heroic or slap on that badass phil jennings pic lol

I thought he was having a private conversation with his Junk... "no little smith, not here, not now..."

Both pictures were actually taken at the Colts preseason game. The big one was during pregame warm-ups.

why is the picture taken backwards though?

And in all fairness to Alex Smith...Am I a fan of his Not really will I support him HELL yes I'll support any Niners player. What I dont get is this...People are Bashing Smith saying he was a bust from the beginning now let me break this down...
Year 1 There isnt a QB that ever played the game that wouldnt have looked like a lousy QB even Montana ..and for those that want to argue that I ask you this How do you look good as a QB when everytime you drop back you're running for your life. That Niner team should have beaten the Lions to an 0-16 season, dont know what happened somehow they won what 4 games? Year 2...They almost hit 500 instead finishing 7-9 That same year He actualy had a better QB rating than E Manning when he won the SB....although it was the GMen's Defense that won it NOT E Manning. Year 3 started out ok...then he rips up his shoulder tearing it. comes back too early listening to his boneheaded H Coach bashing him...and he had a LOUSY end of that season but again it was due to injury. If you folks think its so easy to play QB in the NFL with a separated shoulder I'd like to see you try...within 20-30 seconds you'd be CRYING like a little school girl those that disagree are LIARS. Year 4 Yeah thats the year he was a total bust...Oooops he was ion IR and didnt even take a snap. then comes last year his projected number over a full season were better numbers than many QBs out there...So I'm seriously trying to figure out where he's been a bust.

Like I said year 1 Montana would have looked about the same...cause when you have 1/2 a defense on top of you once you get the snap you're SCREWED. Was his 2nd year really so bad? Bad enough he had a higher QB rating than E Manning the year he won the SB?... Year 3 he was injured for 1/2 the season and the remaining end of the season he should have stayed on the bench. Year 4 again hows he a bust when he;s on IR...Last year what was so bad...like I said over a prorated full year he'd have some pretty good #s. I see him having a Very good year cause this year he's been able to work with M Crabtree all year he's now working well with V Davis, He's got a great running Back in F Gore...with B Westbrook coming in as a Great 2 headed monster...both backs will be fresher in the 4th Q when defenses are tiring chasing after them and they will really put a hurt on people then. I can see the Niners having 2 1000 yd receivers in Davis and Crabtree I can see both of them having 10+ TDs...But it falls on the O Line in the end...if they cant give A Smith time how is he going to get the job done...I See the OLine being a bust before I see A Smith being a bust.

Why do you want him from the front???

OLine, excuse, OLine, Excuse.... we need new excuses. and by the way, i'm sorry to break your heart, but he will be replaced by the 4th game..

ohhh, i have been blessed to have found another crystal ball owner here on the zone. I need the winning super lotto numbers asap! that would be great

my crystal ball said someone was going to drop a house on your head.....
mine must be broken.....cuz your still here!!!! yay!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If they sign this loser to an extension before the season even starts then this organization is truly doomed.
Read above, mm said there will be no talk till the end of season
Share 49ersWebzone