LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

Josh Morgan... A household name by year's end?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I like Josh Morgan like I liked Arnaz Battle when he first came to the team. He does the gritty part of football and is valuable. However, he's not very fast and I've always felt like he kind of lets up on plays. If he can put it together mentally, I think he could be a good possession receiver. Ted Ginn will push him this year.

Eh he didn't not get that TD because he was slow he missed it because he let up hella bad. But I respect him because he's the only starting skill player out there ready to even play in preseason.

Exactly. He lets up on plays. But I think as he gets experience like getting caught from behind, he'll learn to run hard until the ball crosses the plane or he gets to the 1st down, etc. 3rd year should be a tell-tale sign of if he's brought his game together mentally. And he's still not very fast.

Eh he's not really fast but he's pretty explosive as far as jumping to go get the ball. We just don't call enough plays to take advantage of his leaping ability. I think he has a chance to be a star. I remember in his 1st season he was pretty fast. Maybe he put on some weight last year?
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Let's hope so but I mentioned in another thread I won't be mad if we draft or sign a #2 if he doesn't perform. He's gotten better... had 52 catches and 527 yards and 3 TDs. It's good, especially for a 6th round pick, but I still expect more from him. It's not just him... everyone needs to step up there game. The only one that could be satisfied (even though I know they aren't) would be Gore and Willis. Davis excluded... he dropped 10 balls last year, some of them TDs. Even though he tied the record for TDs in a season by a TE he is capable of more. Also, he better understand that defenses watched tape on him and know his bread and butter play. Don't be surprised if DBs are waiting for that little lob down the middle.

I don't think it matters if teams are waiting for it or not. After Smith's first half last season where he threw 3 TD passes, I assume opposing DCs said "look for this". The two did it all season and it wasn't broken up many times. At the end of the day, DBs aren't taking the ball away from Vernon. The only person who can stop Vernon Davis, is Vernon Davis. He needs to get his head in the game and take it to the next level. Had he played better, he could have caught 15+ TDs last season and helped us win that game against the Seahawks. Him and Walker both dropped TD passes in that game, however Walker was interfered with and a penalty should have been called.

*2nd half he threw 3 TD's not first.
He's the 3rd option in a balanced attack. Household name is not happening.

I like Josh Morgan like I liked Arnaz Battle when he first came to the team. He does the gritty part of football and is valuable. However, he's not very fast and I've always felt like he kind of lets up on plays. If he can put it together mentally, I think he could be a good possession receiver. Ted Ginn will push him this year.

Eh he didn't not get that TD because he was slow he missed it because he let up hella bad. But I respect him because he's the only starting skill player out there ready to even play in preseason.

Exactly. He lets up on plays. But I think as he gets experience like getting caught from behind, he'll learn to run hard until the ball crosses the plane or he gets to the 1st down, etc. 3rd year should be a tell-tale sign of if he's brought his game together mentally. And he's still not very fast.

Eh he's not really fast but he's pretty explosive as far as jumping to go get the ball. We just don't call enough plays to take advantage of his leaping ability. I think he has a chance to be a star. I remember in his 1st season he was pretty fast. Maybe he put on some weight last year?

I completely agree. He's a big, strong possession receiver. I'm just saying I don't think he is the explosive, game-changer that could be a household name. But hey -- I'd MORE than be happy to be proved wrong!
The WR who could become a household name by season's end is Dominique Zeigler

I've liked him ever since watching him in the preseason and the reg season in 2008.
He tall,got some speed,has good hands and can make the tough catch over the middle.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Morgan? Really? I'm not convinced Willis is a household name across the NFL landscape, simply because I just don't give the "average NFL fan" that much credit for being knowledgeable.

Take your average stupid person- then realize HALF of them are stupider!

I want to frame this quote and put it on my wall

It hangs on the wall... in my mind.

Was that about NT?

It's about life, G! Life. And the people in it.

Of course, NT is no exception.
He has zero catches this preseason....a little weird for a #2 WR who is the defacto #1 these past two games.....
Kyle Williams has a better chance.
he should be getting open/

however, we are asking our number two to get open versus an opposing teams #1 cb

I expect to see production out of him when the season starts. He cant be the primary option on our team, just not happening.
It came down like a punt

Seriously though he will perform better once the regular season rolls around and defenses have to key on Crabtree, VD and Gore.

Morgan is a solid WR that will always be our 3rd option in the passing game, we dont need him to be spectacular just catch the ball when it does come his way

Originally posted by valrod33:
It came down like a punt

Seriously though he will perform better once the regular season rolls around and defenses have to key on Crabtree, VD and Gore.

Morgan is a solid WR that will always be our 3rd option in the passing game, we dont need him to be spectacular just catch the ball when it does come his way

its like we have the same brain!

also, Morgan is a good downfield blocker.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
It came down like a punt

its like we have the same brain!

also, Morgan is a good downfield blocker.

Get out of my brain
good blocker but that's like saying a DB has great hands but sucks at covering. A WR needs to be a good WR first.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
good blocker but that's like saying a DB has great hands but sucks at covering. A WR needs to be a good WR first.

He is a good WR
this Ziggy guy could pass him
Share 49ersWebzone